Anyone try for Zepplin tickets? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try for Zepplin tickets?

Mr Peabody
09-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I heard how to apply over the radio at work so It came through in bits and pieces, I know you had to do an online lottery thing and it was difficult to get in. And, since I wouldn't be able to travel to where it's at, I really didn't pay much attention. I was surprised no one has said anything about the big reunion yet. I just thought I'd see if any of the AR jetsetters were making it.

bobsticks
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Big Daddy Jetset got no time for 2958

:ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

3-LockBox
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Billy Idol thinks they're geezers

musicman1999
09-29-2007, 08:16 PM
I read that over 20,000,000 people have applied for the ticket draw.Love to see them but those odds and then you have to get to London.I just hope it is a good show and i can't wait for the DVD or Bluray or cd or whatever.

bill

Mr Peabody
09-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I know they have a few years on Billy, but has he looked in the mirror lately. He needs a reality check, his career compared to Zepplin or even Plant's solo work, pales.

bobsticks
09-29-2007, 09:09 PM
ah, c'mon man. I get no lovin' for taking the time to find a picture of a "geriatric rocker"?

This is a hard room...

Mr Peabody
09-29-2007, 09:49 PM
ah, c'mon man. I get no lovin' for taking the time to find a picture of a "geriatric rocker"?

This is a hard room...

Here's an "E" for effort. Use it wisely

ForeverAutumn
09-30-2007, 11:13 AM

This is a hard room...

It might have got a bigger reaction if I knew what it was. Sorry.

I didn't bother trying for tickets 'cause (a) I'm not a fan and (b) I couldn't afford the trip to London even I did get tickets.

In hindsight, I should have at least tried to get tickets so that I could sell them.

Slosh
09-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Here's an "E" for effort. Use it wiselyI'm using that "E" wisely and sticking it in "Zeppelin" :p

Oh wait, are you that guy who phonetically writes telepromted speeches for Dubya? :D

Stone
10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
They resurrected John Bonham? Wow.

Regardless, only if they were across the street for free would I make the effort to see them.

Mr Peabody
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Bonham's son is sitting in on drums. How can you not like Zepplin?

musicman1999
10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Jason has sat in on previous reunions like the Atlantic Records birthday party.Also if you look close he is in The Song Remains The Same pounding away on his little person size drum kit.I have also heard rumors,don't recall where i read it,that at the age of 11 or 12 he played a couple of sound checks with the band.

bill

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
And here all along I thought it was....

Z-E-P-P-E-L-I-N.

3-LockBox
10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
The Billy Idol reference was from the '80s book Hammer Of The Gods, which was written by the same dude that wrote that famous Doors book, No One Gets Out Of Here Alive. In Hammer Of The Gods (a book about Led Zeppelin), the author tells of an incident (supposedly corroborated by members of LZ) where Billy Idol and fellow punkers waited for Zeppelin to exit their limos to enter an arena, and then proceeded to heckle them, calling them names, particularly "Geezers".

Yes, it is ironic.