Family Guy---Star Wars episode [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy---Star Wars episode

musicman1999
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Did anyone catch the Family Guy season opener,a one hour Star Wars spoof.Hilarious.

bill

kexodusc
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it was pretty damn funny...
Is it just me or is the creepy old man starting to steal the show every time he's on...

L.J.
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Pretty decent sound too, had to turn the speakers up :D

Yeah, it was pretty funny. Would have been great if that big chicken would have showed up :lol:

musicman1999
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Loved the pimped out tie fighter.

bill

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Did anyone catch the Family Guy season opener,a one hour Star Wars spoof.Hilarious.

bill

a STAR WARS spoof? Now there's an idea!

musicman1999
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Did you watch it?

bill

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Did you watch it?

bill

No, i'll have to track it down. Did you ever see THUMBWARS?

musicman1999
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
No, i am not a fan of Oedekirk,i saw a preview and it did nothing to change my mind.

bill

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
No, i am not a fan of Oedekirk,i saw a preview and it did nothing to change my mind.

bill

Yeah, it was relatively flat-line, although when it came out it was semi-funny just based on the principle of it, but then they beat it into the ground with many other films, ie THUMBTANIC.

You ever seen GEORGE LUCAS IN LOVE?

musicman1999
09-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Ah,no never heard of it.

bill

Fred333
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I twas a great episode. I tivoed it.

Kam
10-01-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah, it was relatively flat-line, although when it came out it was semi-funny just based on the principle of it, but then they beat it into the ground with many other films, ie THUMBTANIC.

You ever seen GEORGE LUCAS IN LOVE?

George Lucas in Love was an awesome short!! Hysterical and written by a fan for fans, or sure seemed that way. All the references and the 'twist' ending was great!

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 08:08 AM
George Lucas in Love was an awesome short!! Hysterical and written by a fan for fans, or sure seemed that way. All the references and the 'twist' ending was great!

I agree! GOOD STUFF.

Fleet1950
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I just had a quick question about this show. Is it one of those shows that gets better the more you watch it and understand the inside jokes? I have watched this show maybe 6-8 times and it is funny but it really can't top the Simpsons for me. I have many friends that claim it is much better but I just don't really see it. I do really like the fact that they will say almost anything and don't conform to the typical PC standard that most shows follow, like South Park minus the horrendous voice acting. Just hoping someone can give me some insight into what makes this such a great show. Do I just need a better understanding of the characters?

PeruvianSkies
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I just had a quick question about this show. Is it one of those shows that gets better the more you watch it and understand the inside jokes? I have watched this show maybe 6-8 times and it is funny but it really can't top the Simpsons for me. I have many friends that claim it is much better but I just don't really see it. I do really like the fact that they will say almost anything and don't conform to the typical PC standard that most shows follow, like South Park minus the horrendous voice acting. Just hoping someone can give me some insight into what makes this such a great show. Do I just need a better understanding of the characters?

You are comparing a show you've seen 6-8 times with the Simpsons, which has been on nearly 20 years and you wonder what you are missing?

Fleet1950
10-24-2007, 08:36 PM
You are comparing a show you've seen 6-8 times with the Simpsons, which has been on nearly 20 years and you wonder what you are missing?

Yes I understand your point but I have only seen about 2-3 funny parts out of all the episodes I have seen, while The Simpsons is funny at least that many times per episode or more. It seems that The Simpsons being on for so long would have exhausted all storylines and material etc. but it is still funny (more than 2-3 years ago).

I was merely asking if much of the humor is based on inside jokes to where it would not be funny until you watch many episodes. I guess I am comparing apples to oranges so what do I expect? I have watched a few more recently and it seems to get better.

musicman1999
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Explaining why something is funny is a difficult thing to do, everyone has a different sense of humor.Me, i find Family Guy much funnier than The Simpsons of today, ten years ago maybe not.I would not worry about it, if you don't find it funny, then you don't.

bill