AE Aelite 2 vs. Kef iQ3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AE Aelite 2 vs. Kef iQ3

audio amateur
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
hello friends,
I've been disconected from the forum for a while, and am hoping you can help me once again. I've racked up a bit of money and would like some advice. The Aelite two's are half price now, but I can't audition them:( .. My budget is about 220£, about 420 usd. I've heard the kef's and like em, but the AE's being half price, it's hard to decide. I can get the iQ3's reduced, that's why i've been looking at them aswell.
Does anyone have experience with the AE's? Any other recommendations? I want fairly deep extension & good efficiency.
My amp and cd shortlist holds the nad 325bee and 542.
thanks

bobsticks
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Never heard the Aelite in my life. What I can tell you is that KEF and NAD make good partners from my listening. Somebody's gonna come along and mention the KEF 6 ohm impedence versus the NAD's lower wattage. To these ears it didn't matter.

On the other hand, and this is coming from a KEF fan and user, the iQ3 will not give you the utmost in extension. Of course, no bookshelf will but the KEF may fall shorter than most as its strenghts lie in that lush midrangey human vocal area. Are you planning on incorporating the Velodyne for some low end support?

audio amateur
09-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Actually the velodyne's are my mains;) well part of my 'home theater', I don't have a velodyne sub.
I heard them the other day and I have to say I wasn't dissatisfied with the bass. Yes the vocals are its forte I think:)
As far as impedance goes, I read they were 8 ohms. And the nad's have good current delivery I believe so even then low impedance wouldn't be a problem (if that was what you had in mind).