Rae's Loudon Wainwright III -- The Early Years [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rae's Loudon Wainwright III -- The Early Years

audiobill
09-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I just wanted to say what a great education Rae gave me through the brilliant comp of Loudon Wainwright III. I am well versed in the music of Rufus and Martha, but really had no idea as to the influence of the Loudon. Some of my favourite highlights are: Ode to a Pittsburgh, Old Friend, Dilated To Meet You, and the Drinking Song.

I haven't had time, yet, to spin the "bonus" disc; but, I'm eager to give it a spin.

Any others receive this tres cool disc???

Bill

bobsticks
09-26-2007, 04:40 PM
jes, and it's blended in as a cog into the music machine of my recent existence. Great thing about this place, someone always comes around with just that "special something", something that is just so right. Of course, I previously knew nothing bout the guy. Perfect fit.

Rae
09-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it. There are two more discs coming at some point... I have tracklists in my head but not all of the source material collected. Bill, there are some songs about Martha in his later work (I know you're a big fan of hers), so watch yr mailbox.

~Rae

audiobill
09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it. There are two more discs coming at some point... I have tracklists in my head but not all of the source material collected. Bill, there are some songs about Martha in his later work (I know you're a big fan of hers), so watch yr mailbox.

~Rae

Thanks, Rae... I'll be definitely watching!!!

JDaniel
11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes, I'm way late in thanking Rae for for the Early Years comp. It has gotten a lot of rotation, and I've introduced some of my co-workers to his music as a result. Well the 2nd disc "Middle Years" arrived today. I am trying out a new amp/preamp combo here tonight, so I can't wait to give it a spin.

Thanks Rae.

JDaniel

bobsticks
11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Yup, round two arrived today. Gracias, Ray-Ray. Sounding mighty nice reminding why I bought stats in the first place. Hey I saw Mr. Wainwright credited on a soundtrack recently. I may have to check this out and report back unless anyone has more info.

What are you taking for a test drive J?

JDaniel
11-16-2007, 04:05 AM
What are you taking for a test drive J?

Just a little experiment. I'm trying to put together a small system for my office at work. For about 3 years, I've had a Sonic Impact T-amp (loads of reviews on the web), but never really used it. I matched it up with an NAD Pre, and some vintage Advent speakers. It really sounded good to these old ears. I'm off all next week. I want to change it around a bit, different speakers etc. before I decide what to haul off to the office. If that doesn't work, I've got about a half dozen vintage amps/receivers around (Marantz, Sansui, Technics etc.). I'll find some combo that satisfies me.

JD

BarryL
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Dead Skunk In The Middle of the Road?

I always wondered if he did anything else of interest. Are you saying the answer is YES?

bobsticks
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Just a little experiment. I'm trying to put together a small system for my office at work. For about 3 years, I've had a Sonic Impact T-amp (loads of reviews on the web), but never really used it. I matched it up with an NAD Pre, and some vintage Advent speakers. It really sounded good to these old ears. I'm off all next week. I want to change it around a bit, different speakers etc. before I decide what to haul off to the office. If that doesn't work, I've got about a half dozen vintage amps/receivers around (Marantz, Sansui, Technics etc.). I'll find some combo that satisfies me.

JD

Very nice.