Peruvian Vs. Pixelthis [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Peruvian Vs. Pixelthis

PeruvianSkies
09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Since our flame wars are upsetting others and getting off-topic, I figured we could just have a separate thread to wage war inside, that way we won't offend anyone else.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Let the battle begin: here comes the first response!

pixelthis
09-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Since our flame wars are upsetting others and getting off-topic, I figured we could just have a separate thread to wage war inside, that way we won't offend anyone else.

Its YOUR flame war, you'll notice I only respond to your negative comments and insults
(well, mostly)
You may find it hard to beleive, but a lot of what I post is from hard learned life lessons,
when someone whos' been around for fifty years tells me something I generally
at least consider it, not just dismiss it out of hand.
I think why you are always attacking me is that I am a night owl, and you're flying a desk
somewhere at some low intensity job, at least you're one of the few thats online when I post.
So when I post something that offends your "audiophile mythology", that set of
"common knowledge" that a lot of people in this hobby hold, you light off with some barb,
and I answer.
A lot of it is web misperception, being "new" to the tribe means that I AM "NEW" TO THIS HOBBY, at least in your eyes, and since a lot of what I know isn't something I googled
five minutes ago I usually have a hard time providing background, you tend to pick things up as you go along, can't ever remember where, doesn't make the knowledge less valid
though.
I went into public service in 1980, was afraid of becoming too geeky, wanted more of the human experience, and sadly got more than I wanted sometimes.
But having limited funds I have always had to be carefull as to how much I put into this hobby, the more I know about how the industry works the more sound and video I can
have at a cheaper price.
But a lot of cherished beliefs of some are at stake. A lot of electronics sales, like a lot of things in this world, go directly to marketing.
Well, if you can see through the marketing BS you can have an enjoyable experience
at a reasonable price.
Most electronics parts come from a few places, B&W used to get some from dynaudio,
for instance, a lot of the parts in receivers, cd players, etc, are similar if not the same.
There are differences, but not as much as you might think.
A half a decade ago Harmon, Nad, Rotel, went into an enterprize together, built an industrial park in China.
At first the results were disasterous, but eventually they got the right kind of quality.
But everything coming out of that industrial park can't be very different.
Why do you think both Nad and Harmon Kardon receivers have low watt amps with what they call "high current"? BECAUSE THEY BOTH COME FROM THE SAME PLACE.
Its also why nad and Harmon suffered hugh quality control problems at the turn of the century, they were still trying to get this right.
I find such things fascinating, and the arguments about the differences between these two equally fascinating, the fruit off of one tree might have small differences but hardly noticable.
Same with these three manufacturers, the rest goes to marketing.
You got pissed when I compared your PSB speakers to Axioms. Why?
Product from one geograpical place tends to have great similarities, for no other reason than supply chains and sometimes something so trivial as two workers from different
companies "talking shop"'
Sometimes its deliberate. In Germany volkswagen is chevy, Audi is pontiac, B&W is olds,
and Mercedes is cadillac, this is well known. And its why ford mustangs from the late eighties had mercedes map lights, Ford of germany got them from the same place Mercedes did.
In other words German car makers divided up the market long ago, and electronics
companies often do the same.
Maybe you have some electronics experience, maybe not. But sit an Axiom top of the line next to your psb and there are more similarities than differences.
No doubt your PSB sounds better, a little more bass because one of the mids has been traded for a bass driver, and soft dome tweeters are used. But just because the two have differences doesn't mean they aren't cousins.
But my main point is that if I can't post such opinions without being called a "troll"
or "talkin trash" than how can you ever hope to have some spirited debate on this forum?
Or is your idea of "debate" talking about the same bland crap a thousand other sites talk about, with everybody agreeing and butt kissing and scared of stepping on one anothers toes? Then what is the point?
I want a decent HT system, one that plays great sounds as well, since I can't afford a seperates system, would help if I didnt have to shell out bucks for marketing parasites.
Milwalkee best beer tastes just as good as miller, miller just gets it off of the bottom of the vat.
I just think its informative to mention how manufacturers make their gear, sorry to disalusion you with a glimpse of the real world.
BTW how do you like my avatar? Thats what happened to the last self appointed "troll killer":1:

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Its YOUR flame war, you'll notice I only respond to your negative comments and insults
(well, mostly)
You may find it hard to beleive, but a lot of what I post is from hard learned life lessons,
when someone whos' been around for fifty years tells me something I generally
at least consider it, not just dismiss it out of hand.
I think why you are always attacking me is that I am a night owl, and you're flying a desk
somewhere at some low intensity job, at least you're one of the few thats online when I post.
So when I post something that offends your "audiophile mythology", that set of
"common knowledge" that a lot of people in this hobby hold, you light off with some barb,
and I answer.
A lot of it is web misperception, being "new" to the tribe means that I AM "NEW" TO THIS HOBBY, at least in your eyes, and since a lot of what I know isn't something I googled
five minutes ago I usually have a hard time providing background, you tend to pick things up as you go along, can't ever remember where, doesn't make the knowledge less valid
though.
I went into public service in 1980, was afraid of becoming too geeky, wanted more of the human experience, and sadly got more than I wanted sometimes.
But having limited funds I have always had to be carefull as to how much I put into this hobby, the more I know about how the industry works the more sound and video I can
have at a cheaper price.
But a lot of cherished beliefs of some are at stake. A lot of electronics sales, like a lot of things in this world, go directly to marketing.
Well, if you can see through the marketing BS you can have an enjoyable experience
at a reasonable price.
Most electronics parts come from a few places, B&W used to get some from dynaudio,
for instance, a lot of the parts in receivers, cd players, etc, are similar if not the same.
There are differences, but not as much as you might think.
A half a decade ago Harmon, Nad, Rotel, went into an enterprize together, built an industrial park in China.
At first the results were disasterous, but eventually they got the right kind of quality.
But everything coming out of that industrial park can't be very different.
Why do you think both Nad and Harmon Kardon receivers have low watt amps with what they call "high current"? BECAUSE THEY BOTH COME FROM THE SAME PLACE.
Its also why nad and Harmon suffered hugh quality control problems at the turn of the century, they were still trying to get this right.
I find such things fascinating, and the arguments about the differences between these two equally fascinating, the fruit off of one tree might have small differences but hardly noticable.
Same with these three manufacturers, the rest goes to marketing.
You got pissed when I compared your PSB speakers to Axioms. Why?
Product from one geograpical place tends to have great similarities, for no other reason than supply chains and sometimes something so trivial as two workers from different
companies "talking shop"'
Sometimes its deliberate. In Germany volkswagen is chevy, Audi is pontiac, B&W is olds,
and Mercedes is cadillac, this is well known. And its why ford mustangs from the late eighties had mercedes map lights, Ford of germany got them from the same place Mercedes did.
In other words German car makers divided up the market long ago, and electronics
companies often do the same.
Maybe you have some electronics experience, maybe not. But sit an Axiom top of the line next to your psb and there are more similarities than differences.
No doubt your PSB sounds better, a little more bass because one of the mids has been traded for a bass driver, and soft dome tweeters are used. But just because the two have differences doesn't mean they aren't cousins.
But my main point is that if I can't post such opinions without being called a "troll"
or "talkin trash" than how can you ever hope to have some spirited debate on this forum?
Or is your idea of "debate" talking about the same bland crap a thousand other sites talk about, with everybody agreeing and butt kissing and scared of stepping on one anothers toes? Then what is the point?
I want a decent HT system, one that plays great sounds as well, since I can't afford a seperates system, would help if I didnt have to shell out bucks for marketing parasites.
Milwalkee best beer tastes just as good as miller, miller just gets it off of the bottom of the vat.
I just think its informative to mention how manufacturers make their gear, sorry to disalusion you with a glimpse of the real world.
BTW how do you like my avatar? Thats what happened to the last self appointed "troll killer":1:

Alright round one!

Well, it only took you 50-minutes to write your reply, which would equate to 16WPM, not too shabby. That's near second grade level.

Again, you like to start things and then back peddle on them. Now you are claiming that PSB are better, but maybe to some small degree. Make up your mind! Have you taken PSB and put it next to Axiom? Nope. I have listened to both, although I never had them side by side, I have heard both and that included the current top-of-the-line Axiom, which is actually a nice speaker for it's price. The only speaker from PSB that I might think they are close to are the PSB Image T55's. The bass response reminds me of them and they also have a very dry sound to them, which is why I never really liked the T55's, especially in comparison to the Stratus line and certainly no where near the Platinum line.

How about you go and listen to the PSB Platinum line or even the new G-Design and get back with me on it. Until then, don't preach on something you know very little about or have very little (if any) direct experience on. I could care less if you have been around for 50 years, that still doesn't change the fact that you have not heard certain PSB speakers now does it?

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
From this thread: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=24190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
Very good points. I think that's a good synopsis of what the average person is thinking.

From Pixelthis:

The "average" person is wondering how they can shave an extra five bucks off of that
25$ DVD player.
At the end of the day most will stick with DVD because its "good enough".
HT types will have to support these formats if they are gonna make it,
because for many the price of this cheapjack player is STILL too high.
Friends and relatives thought I was crazy when I paid 129 bucks for my last DVD player

Um, that's not why they think you are crazy...sorry to break that to you.

pixelthis
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Alright round one!

Well, it only took you 50-minutes to write your reply, which would equate to 16WPM, not too shabby. That's near second grade level.

Again, you like to start things and then back peddle on them. Now you are claiming that PSB are better, but maybe to some small degree. Make up your mind! Have you taken PSB and put it next to Axiom? Nope. I have listened to both, although I never had them side by side, I have heard both and that included the current top-of-the-line Axiom, which is actually a nice speaker for it's price. The only speaker from PSB that I might think they are close to are the PSB Image T55's. The bass response reminds me of them and they also have a very dry sound to them, which is why I never really liked the T55's, especially in comparison to the Stratus line and certainly no where near the Platinum line.

How about you go and listen to the PSB Platinum line or even the new G-Design and get back with me on it. Until then, don't preach on something you know very little about or have very little (if any) direct experience on. I could care less if you have been around for 50 years, that still doesn't change the fact that you have not heard certain PSB speakers now does it?

I haven't heard every PSB speaker, neither have you.
I have spent a lot of time listening to my friends axioms, and I have heard PSB, and every Canuck speaker I have heard has the same uninspired bland sound.
You read the holy book, but only wonder about the printing process:out:

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I have spent a lot of time listening to my friends axioms, and I have heard PSB, and every Canuck speaker I have heard has the same uninspired bland sound.

Just because you don't like the sound of PSB doesn't mean that they are bad speakers or that they are just like Axiom. Ok, so you've spent time with your friends Axioms, wow, but that doesn't justify calling PSB the same or similar now does it? I have more experience with PSB than any other speaker out there and have tested them out next to a large variety of speakers as well and they are (in my opinion) the best speakers for their price based on what I want in my music, which is a neutral sounding speaker that represents the original recording. I also enjoy a nice balance of highs, mids, and lows, which was not found to the same degree in the PSB line until the Platinums, which have a superb midrange, unlike the Axioms that I have heard.

One more thing: you believe that the PSB's are bland in sound and uninspired...well, I am inspired by WHAT I am listening to through my speakers and my speakers represent the recording quite well, maybe your problem is what you are listening to, not the speakers themselves and a true speaker should not manipulate that original recording.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 01:25 AM
From this thread: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?p=207348#post207348

Whos pusing his buttons?
Everytime I post something he attacks it, EVERYTIME.
Hes just trying to bully me off of this site, doesnt like what I have to say:1:

I only respond to certain fabrications that you present, such as LCD won, HD-DVD loss, or that PSBs are the same as Axiom. I am entitled to disagree with things that are untrue, which all 3 of these are at this point in time. Maybe LCD will win, maybe Blu-ray will win, and maybe one day Axioms will sound like PSB, but to pass these things off as facts right now is criminal, untrue, and only designed to stir controversy and arguments, which is exactly what trolls do. I have asked you nicely to use this place in a more positive way, I have tried to encourage you to stick around and be a respectful person, but you continue to bash away.

GMichael
09-24-2007, 04:59 AM
Tisk tisk tisk....:frown2:
What are we going to do with you two?:rolleyes5:
Maybe we should lock you in a room together until you make friends.:idea:

Groundbeef
09-24-2007, 05:06 AM
(well, mostly)

Only 4 more lines of writing would have qualified as a "manifesto". With luck you can get your next one published in the New York Times, just like the Unibomber. Well, come to think of it, his manifesto was actually a bit more structured, and coherent.

Keep trying though, its always good to make others laugh, its good for our health.

Luvin Da Blues
09-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Maybe we should lock you in a room together until you make friends.:idea:

My vote would be for a cage match. :yesnod:

RoyY51
09-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Looking past the one-upsmanship and the "mine's bigger than yours" games, what I see is this: we have two passionate audiophiles who both love music, love the act of reproducing music to best fit their individual tastes, and love sharing their knowledge with those of us who are less informed. I see two people with a lot more in common than they would like to admit.

That being said, don't stop the banter: good entertainment is hard to come by these days!

Feanor
09-24-2007, 08:19 AM

Up to a point, flame wars are amusing and we all win.

Beyond a certain point, they be come tedious and offensive, at which point we all lose.

The current flame war has remained in the "amusing" category longer than most but is beginning to fall down on the other side.

GMichael
09-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Up to a point, flame wars are amusing and we all win.

Beyond a certain point, they be come tedious and offensive, at which point we all lose.

The current flame war has remained in the "amusing" category longer than most but is beginning to fall down on the other side.

I guess what we need is a list of rules for fair fighting. An example might be, "No punching the other guy on the chin when he's sticking his tongue out at you." Oh wait, that might be funny as h.ll. OK, how about, "No calling the other guy an idiot when he says something stupid."?Yeah, that's good. Now we're making progress. You could say instead, "You have an interesting point there, but I strongly disagree." No, I guess not. That would be boring. Screw the rules. Have at it guys. First one to cry looses his manhood in a pickle slice'r.:eek6:

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Most of my posts that are against Pixelthis are about something that he said, rather than just flat-out insults. If you notice that his insults are off-topic and are juvenile, like whorehouses and comments about me not having a girlfriend etc etc. These are indeed desperate attempts from a troll trying to get under my skin since he doesn't have any other weapon to use other than to put down my equipment, my job, or other things about me that he doesn't really know anything about. My comments towards him are always in relation to something that he has talked about, like Randy Travis, timber in the voices, and speakers that are screwed together...these are all things that HE ACTUALLY SAID, not me.

GMichael
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Most of my posts that are against Pixelthis are about something that he said, rather than just flat-out insults. If you notice that his insults are off-topic and are juvenile, like whorehouses and comments about me not having a girlfriend etc etc. These are indeed desperate attempts from a troll trying to get under my skin since he doesn't have any other weapon to use other than to put down my equipment, my job, or other things about me that he doesn't really know anything about. My comments towards him are always in relation to something that he has talked about, like Randy Travis, timber in the voices, and speakers that are screwed together...these are all things that HE ACTUALLY SAID, not me.

He said that you don't have a girlfriend? What does your wife say?

jim goulding
09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Nevermind. I confess to liking it. Your reps are good to me no matter what. Skies and Pix. Two faces of the same coin. The only thing that could be better to me is if you were women. LOL

Mr Peabody
09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I'd like to know where Pix found the info that Rotel, HK & NAD had gear built in the same factory. I'd sure be interested in seeing that. You picked the wrong 3 to prove your simularity theory, they are more different than alike. HK does claim high current but their big pitch was extremely wide frequency response. The only receiver you used to be able to find with a frequency response of 10-100k. NAD does their Dynamic Power on Demand thing which keeps reserves of power for when peak demands happen. If Rotel has a hook, I don't know it. The sound quality in general of the 3 are quite different as well. Just because units may have the same parts don't make them the same. Do you think all DVD & CD players who use Burr Brown conversion sound the same? Don't answer that. I'm afraid of the answer.

And, what the hell are you talking about with the cars? Caddy, Chevy, Pontiac are all GM and Olds don't even exist anymore. Audi and VW are under the same umbrella but BMW and Mercedes are to their own. If the German market is anything like the US, these companies compete with each other quite vigorously, I don't see any of them settling for their little piece of the pie.

Maybe to your taste buds Miller and Milwaukee's Best taste the same but anyone with taste left, I DON'T THINK SO!

Don't knock Google, you should try it, I think it would help you enormously.

Maybe you can share some of your X-ray marketing vision with us, give us some pointers. If everything built in the same place is the same then why did you pay more money for an Integra label when you could have settled for Onkyo, or, hey, it's all Japanese, you could have gotten a JVC. And they all have resistors, capacitors and transistors, etc. it's all the same isn't it?

Look Pix, keep your answers short and to the point, you expose too much when you ramble. So far, it hasn't hurt you because PS seems to have tunnel vision.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I'd like to know where Pix found the info that Rotel, HK & NAD had gear built in the same factory. I'd sure be interested in seeing that. You picked the wrong 3 to prove your simularity theory, they are more different than alike. HK does claim high current but their big pitch was extremely wide frequency response. The only receiver you used to be able to find with a frequency response of 10-100k. NAD does their Dynamic Power on Demand thing which keeps reserves of power for when peak demands happen. If Rotel has a hook, I don't know it. The sound quality in general of the 3 are quite different as well. Just because units may have the same parts don't make them the same. Do you think all DVD & CD players who use Burr Brown conversion sound the same? Don't answer that. I'm afraid of the answer.

And, what the hell are you talking about with the cars? Caddy, Chevy, Pontiac are all GM and Olds don't even exist anymore. Audi and VW are under the same umbrella but BMW and Mercedes are to their own. If the German market is anything like the US, these companies compete with each other quite vigorously, I don't see any of them settling for their little piece of the pie.

Maybe to your taste buds Miller and Milwaukee's Best taste the same but anyone with taste left, I DON'T THINK SO!

Maybe you can share some of your X-ray marketing vision with us, give us some pointers. If everything built in the same place is the same then why did you pay more money for an Integra label when you could have settled for Onkyo, or, hey, it's all Japanese, you could have gotten a JVC. And they all have resistors, capacitors and transistors, etc. it's all the same isn't it?

Look Pix, keep your answers short and to the point, you expose too much when you ramble. So far, it hasn't hurt you because PS seems to have tunnel vision.

See Pix, it's not just me who doubts your BS that you put out, now let me get back into my tunnel.

Luvin Da Blues
09-24-2007, 08:28 PM
or, hey, it's all Japanese, you could have gotten a JVC. And they all have resistors, capacitors and transistors, etc. it's all the same isn't it?

A JVC Kewl..Ya mean I coulda had a JVC receiver AND saved some coin.

That's it's I'm gunna downgrade if it all sounds the same anway....Thanks for the tip Mr.P

Maybe I'll put the money towards a Harley....No wait maybe a scooter...Ya that's it, a scooter:rolleyes5:

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
A JVC Kewl..Ya mean I coulda had a JVC receiver AND saved some coin.

That's it's I'm gunna downgrade if it all sounds the same anway....Thanks for the tip Mr.P

Maybe I'll put the money towards a Harley....No wait maybe a scooter...Ya that's it, a scooter:rolleyes5:

Well, keep in mind...they are the same, but yet they are also different. Apples are exactly like Oranges, except that they taste different, are a different color, smell different, different texture, grow on different trees, and grow in different regions, but since they are both fruits...they are the same.

Luvin Da Blues
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, keep in mind...they are the same, but yet they are also different. Apples are exactly like Oranges, except that they taste different, are a different color, smell different, different texture, grow on different trees, and grow in different regions, but since they are both fruits...they are the same.

"So I see" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Kinda sounds like your talkin about women...god bless their souls:biggrin5:

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 09:44 PM
He said that you don't have a girlfriend? What does your wife say?

My wife IS my girlfriend.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
My vote would be for a cage match. :yesnod:

You mean a real one? I am game for that.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM

Which model of the Axioms were you listening to and what other gear was being used with his system?

Luvin Da Blues
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Which model of the Axioms were you listening to and what other gear was being used with his system?

:idea: I think he's saying that he likes his speakers to color/alter the sound. Like any neutral speaker (if your not used to the neutrality) you have to spend time with them to fully appreciate it.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
:idea: I think he's saying that he likes his speakers to color/alter the sound. Like any neutral speaker (if your not used to the neutrality) you have to spend time with them to fully appreciate it.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Here is our AR Man of the Year!

PeruvianSkies
09-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Here's to you Pix!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gxXhCaZIjM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gxXhCaZIjM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

GMichael
09-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Here is our AR Man of the Year!

Oh geez man.:rolleyes5: I was eating. So much for breakfast.

PeruvianSkies
09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh geez man.:rolleyes5: I was eating. So much for breakfast.

Oh come on....let's all sing together...

...for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow...

Rich-n-Texas
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
He looks jewish...

GMichael
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
He looks jewish...

You're not the first to say that.

Rich-n-Texas
09-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Here's to you Pix!

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
&nbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gxXhCaZIjM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>
Good thing I didn't play this at work with the speakers cranked up!

Rich-n-Texas
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Thank you. This makes everything clear as mud. :crazy:

PeruvianSkies
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Thank you. This makes everything clear as mud. :crazy:

No problemo, glad that I could NOT help to unclear things.

pixelthis
09-25-2007, 11:48 PM

I didn't say these three brands came from the same factory, I am saying they got together and built an INDUSTRIAL PARK, not quite the same thing.
AND you won't beleive where I got this info... from THIS website!
AROUND the turn of the centure Nad, rotel, AND HARMON Kardon were having horrible quality control problems, this came from their joint venture in China.
Harmon had trouble with electrical supplies and fried processors, Nad DVD players wouldn't stay together, and an entire shipment of Rotel receivers , when unpacked,
rattled because the circuit boards were loose in the cases.
All of these share a common industrial park, if you don't think they share parts, proceedures, and the workers don't talk to each other, I have a bridge in China I'd like to sell you.
And peruvian's statement that he wants a set of speakers that don't "color" the sound shows just how clueless he actually is, these is no such thing as a transparent speaker
that decodes sound perfectly, doesn't exist.
Check out a small instrument amp, think it doesn't "color" the sound?
Think the speaker hooked up to a stratocaster doesn't "color" the sound?
Most speakers will reproduce a sine wave , but that sine wave will be affected by the speaker, as will the mic that catches the sound.
The question is, how well does the finished product sound?
B&W is one of the most musical yet accurate speakers around, they are very intollerant
of bad recordings. POOR Peruvian thinks that the lack of personality of his speakers are "accurracy" , probabably speaking to his personality.
As for being "juvenile", check out peruvians crude signiture, don't know if peruvian is married or not but I wonder, if he is married, does his wife favor him reffering to women as "HO'S"?

AND FINALLY, I bought the Integra after an afternoon of listening to music at a friends
store, he was rather despondent at loosing his B&W francise (vollume wasn't large enough) so I bought the DTR 7.4, even though an almost identical Onkyo was a few hundred bucks cheaper.
Its even closer to an Onkyo than you might think, but it does have 12 volt triggers, gold plate jacks, and a cleaner look, it was going to be a pre-pro in a beginning seperates
system, something else that didn't pan out:1:
THE law of physics that states that a colorless speaker is impossible is called the
Hisenburg uncertainty principle.
Observing something changes its nature, as does trying to reproduce it, because it gets "observed" sometime during the process

PeruvianSkies
09-25-2007, 11:54 PM
As for being "juvenile", check out peruvians crude signiture, don't know if peruvian is married or not but I wonder, if he is married, does his wife favor him reffering to women as "HO'S"?

My wife and I both find the signature funny, because we are both fans of THE OFFICE, which is where it is from. Thanks for caring though. You are really getting desperate in your attempts to make yourself sound better than anyone else. You say one thing, mean another thing, then change your mind when people counter what you are saying, then you try to rework what you said in order to make it sound like you are contradiction what you are saying, then you end up looking silly because all of this is documented on this site. You already contradicted yourself in your last post...

First you say there is no such thing as an accurate speaker, then talk about how accurate B&W is.

pixelthis
09-26-2007, 12:07 AM
My wife and I both find the signature funny, because we are both fans of THE OFFICE, which is where it is from. Thanks for caring though. You are really getting desperate in your attempts to make yourself sound better than anyone else. You say one thing, mean another thing, then change your mind when people counter what you are saying, then you try to rework what you said in order to make it sound like you are contradiction what you are saying, then you end up looking silly because all of this is documented on this site. You already contradicted yourself in your last post...

First you say there is no such thing as an accurate speaker, then talk about how accurate B&W is.

Accuracy and coloration are two different things.
A speaker might be very accurate but it will always impose its own "flavor on the sound
its reproducing.
As for the youtube clip, I find it surprizing that one with such a low opinion of women
would have one fight his battles for him.
One thing, she is not only a hellova lot better looking, she's also more articulate ,
certainly more than the confusing post thats quoted above.
I have heard drunks make better sense.
And when did I say that PBS was a "bad" speaker?
The devil is "bad", PBS IS JUST CRAP, is all.:devil:

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 12:10 AM
A speaker might be very accurate but it will always impose its own "flavor on the sound
its reproducing.
As for the youtube clip, I find it surprizing that one with such a low opinion of women
One thing, she is not only a hellova lot better looking, she's also more articulate ,

Scores 5 to Zero, so you're gonna have to do better than that to win this war, instead of desperate attempts. Also, I have a high value for women and races, my wife is Puerto Rican (btw this is not in Peru either) so don't try throwing stuff into my face. I don't talk about your wife, if you even have one, my guess is your divorced.

pixelthis
09-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Scores 5 to Zero, so you're gonna have to do better than that to win this war, instead of desperate attempts. Also, I have a high value for women and races, my wife is Puerto Rican (btw this is not in Peru either) so don't try throwing stuff into my face. I don't talk about your wife, if you even have one, my guess is your divorced.
Five to zero IN MY FAVOR
AND those poor opressed Puerto Ricans,
HAVEN'T THEY SUFFERED ENOUGH?:prrr:

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Five to zero IN MY FAVOR
AND those poor opressed Puerto Ricans,
HAVEN'T THEY SUFFERED ENOUGH?:prrr:

So in what alternate universe is ZERO more than 5? So was I right? Divorced?

GMichael
09-26-2007, 05:38 AM
So in what alternate universe is ZERO more than 5? So was I right? Divorced?

It's the new math.

GMichael
09-26-2007, 05:53 AM
its reproducing.

Watchin you two fight is kinda fun. But sometimes you say things that are really out there man.
Of coarse a completely transparent speaker is impossible. But if we don't shoot for the stars, how will we ever reach the moon?

HOW'S THAT FOR OUT THERE?

Snicker snicker....

Rich-n-Texas
09-26-2007, 05:55 AM
6 - 0. You're both wrong. :ihih:

I was almost left back in third grade because I came from a catholic school that taught math-on-beads to a public school that taught new math. Doing division problems was a real b!tch!

Fred333
09-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Funny stuff....

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 11:46 AM
its reproducing.

What do you have against PBS? They are a good station. They also have good documentaries.

Rich-n-Texas
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Ken Burns' THE WAR is on this week on my local PBS station. I haven't been watching it though. It would be very hard to top THE WORLD AT WAR in my opinion.

Or should I say... THE AR FORUMS AT WAR...

topspeed
09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Geez, to what depths has AR sunk?

You want flame wars? Go look in the archives for SirTT vs. RL, or Lexmark/TLADINY vs. Wooch/Kex/SirTT/JSE. THOSE were entertainment. Just about anything with Hershon, SounDesign, or SpankingVanillaIce are noteable reads as well.

This "battle" (if that's what you want to call it) is pure amateur hour. This is two 4 year olds fighting over the shovel in the sand box. From what little I've bothered to pay attention to, I see PS constantly attacking Pixel. Do I agree with everything that Pixel has said? No, but it never warrants an all out assault and hardly labels him as a troll. I don't agree with PS either, so is he the troll? Unlikely.

My biggest contention has been the countless threads hijacked by PS's direct attack on Pixel which is particularly grating when Pixel's comments have nothing to do with PS. While I applaud PS for making this thread to air their differences, it would help the board if you refrained from your dislike for Pixel, however warranted, to comments made here. The OP, many times a newbie to AR, will likely never return to AR if their thread suddenly gets derailed while you two whip it out to see "Who's is bigger?"

While your fights are entertaining for some of the members here on AR, remember this:

They aren't laughing with you.

They are laughing at you.

kexodusc
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM

You want flame wars? Go look in the archives for SirTT vs. RL, or Lexmark/TLADINY vs. Wooch/Kex/SirTT/JSE. THOSE were entertainment. Just about anything with Hershon, SounDesign, or SpankingVanillaIce are noteable reads as well.

This "battle" (if that's what you want to call it) is pure amateur hour. This is two 4 year olds fighting over the shovel in the sand box. From what little I've bothered to pay attention to, I see PS constantly attacking Pixel. Do I agree with everything that Pixel has said? No, but it never warrants an all out assault and hardly labels him as a troll. I don't agree with PS either, so is he the troll? Unlikely.

My biggest contention has been the countless threads hijacked by PS's direct attack on Pixel which is particularly grating when Pixel's comments have nothing to do with PS. While I applaud PS for making this thread to air their differences, it would help the board if you refrained from your dislike for Pixel, however warranted, to comments made here. The OP, many times a newbie to AR, will likely never return to AR if their thread suddenly gets derailed while you two whip it out to see "Who's is bigger?"

While your fights are entertaining for some of the members here on AR, remember this:

Hear! Hear!

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM

Then don't read it. Simple as that.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Hear! Hear!

Thanks for your contribution as well. I could care less if you want to side with Pix.

Mr Peabody
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't know, I gave Pix points on the devil/PBS analogy.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 04:36 PM

I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT WE WERE COMPETING WITH OTHER THREAD BATTLES, NEVER SAID WE WERE.

I ONLY COUNTER WHAT PIX SAYS...IF THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL AN ATTACK...THEN I GUESS I AM GUILTY. ATTACKS ARE WHEN HE TRIES BRINGING THINGS INTO IT THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE AT HAND AND ARE LOW-BLOWS....ABOUT MY SPEAKERS, MY WIFE, MY PIONEER, ETC ETC. I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN BADLY ABOUT HIS STUFF.

READ ABOVE COMMENTS.

WELL, SOME I HAVE REC'D NUMEROUS PM'S SAYING THEY ARE ENJOYING OUR FIGHT, SO I GUESS YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY ON THAT ONE.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 04:38 PM

ok...and?

Rich-n-Texas
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey pix, Topspeed called you a 4 year old, and kex agreed. ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE THAT???

Rich-n-Texas
09-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm slow... Were they good points or bad points?

Robert-The-Rambler
09-26-2007, 06:18 PM
It is Peruvian up 7 - 1.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey pix, Topspeed called you a 4 year old, and kex agreed. ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE THAT???

Well, they just don't understand the whole situation, yet feel that they do. I don't care for either of them, so I don't expect them to care for me either. They can think whatever they wish, if they honestly believe that I attack Pix or that he doesn't bring it on themselves than that is their problem. They can choose whichever side they want.

Mr Peabody
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
ok...and?

And, I laughed. Quit pouting

Rich, as in a fight the judges keep a score card, Pix got a point for that particular comment. I don't know if he meant for it to be funny but it gave me a chuckle.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
And, I laughed. Quit pouting

Rich, as in a fight the judges keep a score card, Pix got a point for that particular comment. I don't know if he meant for it to be funny but it gave me a chuckle.

So why not say that the first time, none of us knew what your point was until you just explained it.

Mr Peabody
09-26-2007, 08:33 PM
So why not say that the first time, none of us knew what your point was until you just explained it.

I guess I didn't spell it out in a long explanation because I gave your reasoning ability too much credit. I'll try to do better.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
I guess I didn't spell it out in a long explanation because I gave your reasoning ability too much credit. I'll try to do better.

No reason to be an a-hole about it.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Remember this?

From this thread: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=24158
Quote:
What kind of employee discount did you get on yours?

ROFLMAO!

Interesting how you found that comment funny, yet agree with Topspeeds post. Make up your mind.

pixelthis
09-26-2007, 10:13 PM

I am four years old... in dog years.
Look , I never asked for this crap. So I dissed peruvian pukes toy speakers, with his
haircut he should be used to being insulted.
I am glad that most have noted that this "flame war" is a little one sided, some people
have such a small sense of humour that they border on being autistic, although I guess thats an insult to autistics(not that they'll know)
Anyway I THINK ITS A GOOD THING THAT ALL OF THE VITRIOL is relegated to this thread, now peruvian putrid has a place where he can rant like a lunatic and bounce off of the walls, and slide deeper and deeper into that dark void he calls a ...
whatever. HE CAN DO THAT, AND i CAN IGNORE THIS THREAD, and get back to what I
came to this site to do, learn a little, debate a little, maybe even teach a little.
And peruvian poodle, if it will make you feel better, diss my speakers a little, ok?:1:

Luvin Da Blues
09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
This is becoming a refresher on how to win friends and influence people.

PeruvianSkies
09-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Well, I know who I won't be sending Christmas Cards to this year!

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Ha ha ha ha! Believe it or not I read that book!

Luvin Da Blues
09-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Ha ha ha ha! Believe it or not I read that book!

and that's why you have lots of friends here Rich. :3:

GMichael
09-27-2007, 05:01 AM
(Mike pokes his head up, looks around nervously, checks his pocket watch)

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!

(looks around again, and dives back into his hole)

Rabbit? What rabbit? I see no rabbit here.

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 06:09 AM
(Mike pokes his head up, looks around nervously, checks his pocket watch)

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!

(looks around again, and dives back into his hole)

Rabbit? What rabbit? I see no rabbit here.
Nobody here, just us chickens! :D

and that's why you have lots of friends here Rich. :3:
Yeah, where have I heard THAT before? :smilewinkgrin:

emorphien
09-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Can we just kick pixelthis off the island? All he does is troll.

GMichael
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM

I think he's funny. Some of what he says is based in fact. In his attempts to be humorous, he often goes off on tangents and can say some wild chit. But he's harmless.
Well, mostly harmless.:crazy:

L.J.
09-27-2007, 08:04 AM
WELL, SOME I HAVE REC'D NUMEROUS PM'S SAYING THEY ARE ENJOYING OUR FIGHT, SO I GUESS YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY ON THAT ONE.

Lex!!

topspeed
09-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Then don't read it. Simple as that.Keep your bantering out of other people's threads and I'll happily oblige.

For the record, I didn't vote in the poll simply because there aren't "sides" to be taken here. For someone to choose, they'd need to actually care first.

Lex!!Yes! I had just typed that PS reminded me of our former copier, but deleted it because I thought I was the only one! :lol:

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Lex!!

thanks for your input....now go back and play DragonBallZ.

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh cripes! Somebody had to go and bring up SURVIVOR! :cryin:

L.J.
09-27-2007, 09:35 AM
thanks for your input....now go back and play DragonBallZ.

Thanks! Soon I'll be enjoying DBZ on Blu-ray :D

http://www.animeondvd.com/images/bdboxart/dbzbrolysecondcoming.jpg

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes! I had just typed that PS reminded me of our former copier, but deleted it because I thought I was the only one! :lol:
This coming from the guy who keeps a mechanic locked up in the truck of his Beemer... Bimmer.
:ciappa:

topspeed
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
This coming from the guy who keeps a mechanic locked up in the truck of his Beemer... Bimmer.
:ciappa:
:lol: True story.

You know Rich, it's not like you have a lot of room to talk here. At least my car is still in production :dita:

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Mods! He flipped me off! WTF???

Looks like I'm going to be jumping ship in the spring Sir Speedy. Help me build my '08 GT. No, I can't afford a GT500, and I don't see a Cobra on my salary, but the GT Premium edition will work. I'm not about to wait another model year to get on top of a rear-drive V8 in the $35K range, so the Mustang gets the nod. 5 speed or granny shifter? I know what you're going to say, but let me tell you what a 3500 stall torque converter can do on the streets... :biggrin5:

BTW, you re-derailed this topic...

GMichael
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
BTW, you re-derailed this topic...

There was a topic?
:crazy:

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Somewhere back on page one.

topspeed
09-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Mods! He flipped me off! WTF??? Yeah, well you showed me your ass! Which do you think is worse?!? :D

Looks like I'm going to be jumping ship in the spring Sir Speedy. Help me build my '08 GT. Weezy!

I'm comin' to join ya!

This is the big one, honey!!!

*cough*
*cough*
*sputter*

Did you just say you were buying a...a... FORD?!?

*reaches down to touch the ground, notes it's still warm and therefore Hell has indeed not frozen over*

Sorry, I can't help you with the build. I'm thinking of getting the new Camaro if it comes in time! :lol: Truth.

GMichael
09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, well you showed me your ass! Which do you think is worse?!? :D

Weezy!

I'm comin' to join ya!

*cough*
*cough*
*sputter*

*reaches down to touch the ground, notes it's still warm and therefore Hell has indeed not frozen over*

Sorry, I can't help you with the build. I'm thinking of getting the new Camaro if it comes in time! :lol: Truth.

You're mixing up your old shows from the 70's. It was Fred Sanford who kept saying, "Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you."
Wheezy was from The Jefferson's. George was a little different that Fred. Rich instead of poor. Owned a cleaning company instead of a junkyard. Little thangs.

kexodusc
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Remember this?

From this thread: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=24158
Quote:
What kind of employee discount did you get on yours?

ROFLMAO!

Interesting how you found that comment funny, yet agree with Topspeeds post. Make up your mind.
Make up my mind? *sigh*
Ok, bear with me, I'm going to walk you through this -

My finding your prior comment from several days ago hilarious has absolutely nothing do with my current view on the quality of this "flame war". Two completely independent events. It's a pretty tame flame war by historical standards...that's all I was getting at. I agreed with T/S.

I voted for Pixel, not cause I like his DLP rants or ridiculously one-off statements, but damn, the score's getting ugly and I feel sorry for him. Though I have to say - he's never posted he disliked me even in the few disputes we've had. You cut me, bro, you cut me deep.

You put way too much importance on what other people are thinking about you here, despite what you say - time to relax a little dude - not everything that isn't a glowing endorsement of you or your actions is necessarily an attack. Sometimes people are just goofing around.

If you're dead serious about inflating your own ego by posting a thread for the sole purpose of winning an internet popularity contest, you can have my vote.

Rich-n-Texas
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, well you showed me your ass! Which do you think is worse?!? :D
Good point.

*cough*
*cough*
*sputter*

Okay, save the drama for tthe Favorite Films section will ya please?

Fine. I'm sure there are others here who know good taste when they read it....
Wait a minute, did I just say that? :idea:

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Make up my mind? *sigh*

My finding your prior comment from several days ago hilarious has absolutely nothing do with my current view on the quality of this "flame war". Two completely independent events. It's a pretty tame flame war by historical standards...that's all I was getting at. I agreed with T/S.

I voted for Pixel, not cause I like his DLP rants or ridiculously one-off statements, but damn, the score's getting ugly and I feel sorry for him. Though I have to say - he's never posted he disliked me even in the few disputes we've had. You cut me, bro, you cut me deep.

You put way too much importance on what other people are thinking about you here, despite what you say - time to relax a little dude - not everything that isn't a glowing endorsement of you or your actions is necessarily an attack. Sometimes people are just goofing around.

If you're dead serious about inflating your own ego by posting a thread for the sole purpose of winning an internet popularity contest, you can have my vote.

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is the contradiction between people not wanting us to have a 'flame war' and yet at the same time our battle gets ridiculed for not measuring up to the ones in the past. Seems to be a conflict of interest. I am not trying to compare our battle with ones of the past. Fact is that Pix has crossed the line with me and I am not the ONLY one. He rubs many people the wrong way and I am calling him OUT on it. He talks trash and has nothing to back it up and I don't feel it's right, so I am standing up for myself. This particular thread was created to stop annoying everyone else in their precious threads....so if you don't like what we are fighting about, then don't post here either. Otherwise you are helping to promote the same thing you are speaking against.

If you want to stand on the side of the troll that is your choice. I am not hurt of offended or anything...this has nothing to do with ego, I get my ego from real life, not this internet fantasy world.

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 03:26 PM

Amen.

Woochifer
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes! I had just typed that PS reminded me of our former copier, but deleted it because I thought I was the only one! :lol:

Oh, if only you knew how many paths that thought has crossed! :D

As far as this flame war goes (or matchstick match if you prefer), I agree with you, we deserve better cuz we've seen better! Can't try to pass the audience on Mad Dog and Thunderbird if we've already sampled vintage Zinfandels and Pinot Noirs!

Pixel's trolling is strictly amateur hour stuff (plus, he includes way too much on-topic discussion in between his ranting and baiting), so we won't know how well PS/SPV70mm wears his "Professional Troll Killer" credentials until he has to face down a seasoned major league troll ... like ... oh ... let's say ... like ... LEX??? :lol:

kexodusc
09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I guess what doesn't make sense to me is the contradiction between people not wanting us to have a 'flame war' and yet at the same time our battle gets ridiculed for not measuring up to the ones in the past.
Here's the problem - you think people don't want you to have the flame war - I don' think that's the case at all. They'd just rather not have it broadcasted to them. So when it is advertised, don't complain if you get answers you don't want to hear.

Seems to be a conflict of interest. Conflict of Interest? Who is in a position of trust or fiduciary responsibility here with competing interests? Lost me on that one...

Fact is that Pix has crossed the line with me and I am not the ONLY one. True enough.

He rubs many people the wrong way and I am calling him OUT on it. He talks trash and has nothing to back it up and I don't feel it's right, so I am standing up for myself. This particular thread was created to stop annoying everyone else in their precious threads....so if you don't like what we are fighting about, then don't post here either. Otherwise you are helping to promote the same thing you are speaking against.
Nah - since you guys were allowed to have your little cat-fight in other threads, I'm going to post as I please as well.

If you want to stand on the side of the troll that is your choice. I am not hurt of offended or anything...this has nothing to do with ego, I get my ego from real life, not this internet fantasy world.
If this is true, it begs the question, why get sucked into a flame war with a troll at all?

Mr Peabody
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
No reason to be an a-hole about it.

I know that, and I forgive you.

Mr Peabody
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=Rich-n-Texas]Oh cripes! Somebody had to go and bring up SURVIVOR! :cryin:

AND IT WAS THE EYE OF THE TIGER LA LA LA!!!!

Mr Peabody
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I wonder if I asked him to if Pix would change his name to Pixel Peckerwood. If it was your warped attempt at humor, I didn't appreciate the Autism comments.

E-Stat
09-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I guess what we need is a list of rules for fair fighting...
So, who got popcorn duty this week for the match?

rw

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Here's the problem - you think people don't want you to have the flame war - I don' think that's the case at all. They'd just rather not have it broadcasted to them. So when it is advertised, don't complain if you get answers you don't want to hear.

Conflict of Interest? Who is in a position of trust or fiduciary responsibility here with competing interests? Lost me on that one...
True enough.

Nah - since you guys were allowed to have your little cat-fight in other threads, I'm going to post as I please as well.

If this is true, it begs the question, why get sucked into a flame war with a troll at all?

How about ....why get sucked into a flame war between a reputable member and a troll and then try and tell me about how I should not get into one with a troll?

Mr Peabody
09-27-2007, 07:05 PM
crishna crishna harry harry crishna
anybody wanna flower
peace, everyone, it's allll good.

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
crishna crishna harry harry crishna
anybody wanna flower
peace, everyone, it's allll good.

I am all in favor of peace. Some may not think so, but I would much rather get along with someone than to argue with them, but once you set me off...look out. I don't back down and I don't quit. I don't like to be attacked anymore than the next person nor do I let someone trash talk towards me or about me. If you go back to the beginning of this entire thing you will find that most of the countering towards Pix came from him stating things that were not true, or at least not true yet. When someone claims things as being factual or tries to post things just to stir up controversy (see LCD won, everyone else go home) than they have entered the trolling zone. Most people (including myself) let that slide. Then came the next era of trolling (see Blu-ray has already won), which was strike number 2. Then came the next phase which included the following:

PSB and all Canadian speakers are the same, come from the same factory and sound like garbage.

Paradigm (after listening to Randy Travis on them for a few hours) suck.

Pioneer sucks.

DLP sucks.

Rich's setup sucks because he is using B&W 900 series with a receiver.

These are all trolling remarks and are only generated in order to tick people off, like myself. It worked.

Then came the most recent era of going from trollish behavior to flat-out insulting:

Things about my wife, where she is from, where I am from, various Kindergarten-like remarks about how I look, the job I have, more jabs about my system, comments about whorehouses, etc etc.

This is where the line was crossed and I declared war. I think I have every right.

pixelthis
09-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Make up my mind? *sigh*

I never said I didn't like ANYBODY.
I think it all started when I dissed canuck speakers, obviously peruvian poodle has a great emotional investment in his PSB'S.
To which I say... GET A LIFE.
If people dissin youir equipment drives you off of the deep end, you are waay too involved
in this stuff, very young, emotionally immature, or all of the above.
People diss my gear all of the time, sometimes to my face.
BTW kex, I was just wondering, do you nuild those speakers of yours outta MDF or do you take the opportunity to make them out of something better? Or is MDF just good speaker cabinet material? Just curious:1:

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I think it all started when I dissed canuck speakers, obviously peruvian poodle has a great emotional investment in his PSB'S.
To which I say... GET A LIFE.
If people dissin youir equipment drives you off of the deep end, you are waay too involved
in this stuff, very young, emotionally immature, or all of the above.
People diss my gear all of the time, sometimes to my face.
BTW kex, I was just wondering, do you nuild those speakers of yours outta MDF or do you take the opportunity to make them out of something better? Or is MDF just good speaker cabinet material? Just curious:1:

You can't even answer one simple question: which PSB speaker did you listen to in which you determined that they suck? Answer that. I've asked you and still I get no response. All you can do is trash talk, yet you can't support your opinion one bit! The simple fact that you think Axiom and PSB are the same only shows your ignorance.

I love music, so having an emotional attachment to this hobby is part of my life, just like many others on here and we have no problem proclaiming that music is a large part of our lives, gee you think that's why we are on this forum? Just because you don't have an investment like we do in this hobby doesn't give you the ability to talk down on us. Maybe the fact that you don't have an emotional attachment signifies why you don't like PSB speakers...because they allow you to feel the emotion of the music without altering it.

PeruvianSkies
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
That was a jab at Mr P, just funnin is all.
As for what model of PSB , well, what did you eat for breakfast three years ago?
I stopped caring about model numbers long ago, now I just pay attention when shopping.
I am not even current on B&W, and I like them! that new 700 series sounds nice.
Nobody but the most ardent fanatic, or salesperson, is going to be able to remember a model number years after they have listened to something.
You get to a point where your brain starts throwing stuff out (Note to self, reread the fountainhead):1:

Ok, so 3 years ago...well, how about looking online at their website and see if any of them ring a bell. Instead of playing the whole 'forgetfulness' act. You see where I come from (you know Earth) people tend to back up what they are saying in order to be taken seriously. It's not a hard thing to do. There are only a few models to choose from: Alpha, Image, Stratus, or the Platinums. My guess is you probably heard the Alpha line and are basing their entry level speaker on what their entire line up has to offer. No wait, let me taken that back. I am guessing that you probably never really spent any decent time with PSB at all, but are just trying to troll.

kexodusc
09-28-2007, 02:02 AM
How about ....why get sucked into a flame war between a reputable member and a troll and then try and tell me about how I should not get into one with a troll?
With which reputable member am I being sucked into a flame war with?

kexodusc
09-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Wasn't referring to you.

Pretty sure we've been down this road before, pix...
You going somewhere with this?

Feanor
09-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I am all in favor of peace. Some may not think so, but I would much rather get along with someone than to argue with them, but once you set me off.....
This is where the line was crossed and I declared war. I think I have every right.

You could just ignore the whole thing. :cool:

Trolling works because people respond.

GMichael
09-28-2007, 05:12 AM
I was just wondering, do you nuild those speakers of yours outta MDF or do you take the opportunity to make them out of something better? Or is MDF just good speaker cabinet material? Just curious:1:

MDF is easy to work with, less expensive than most woods, and has very good acoustic characteristics.

Sorry Kex, didn't mean to answer for you. It just slipped out.

GMichael
09-28-2007, 05:17 AM
So, who got popcorn duty this week for the match?

rw

Chips are on the counter behind you. Beer's in the fridge. No popcorn made yet. Check the cabinet above the oven. There may be a few bags left.

I guess this makes up for the steel cage match that Dean set up for Flo and RGA. They never did show up for that match. I got drunk as a skunk waiting.

L.J.
09-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Chips are on the counter behind you. Beer's in the fridge. No popcorn made yet. Check the cabinet above the oven. There may be a few bags left.

***opens cabinent above the oven....throws popcorn in microwave***

Well I guess I may as well join this little party. I probably should go back and actually read the first couple of pages of this thread though............................................ ..........naaaahhhh :Yawn:

GMichael
09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
***opens cabinent above the oven....throws popcorn in microwave***

Well I guess I may as well join this little party. I probably should go back and actually read the first couple of pages of this thread though............................................ ..........naaaahhhh :Yawn:

Kind of a waste of time. But it could make you laugh your butt off.

topspeed
09-28-2007, 06:52 AM
You're mixing up your old shows from the 70's. It was Fred Sanford who kept saying, "Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you."
Wheezy was from The Jefferson's. George was a little different that Fred. Rich instead of poor. Owned a cleaning company instead of a junkyard. Little thangs.

DOH!!!

Indeed, you are correct sir!

*bows his head in shame for co-mingling his '70's sitcoms*

L.J.
09-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Kind of a waste of time. But it could make you laugh your butt off.

Well I'm still trying to figure out if this thread is "News" or a "Rumor" :rolleyes:

topspeed
09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
With which reputable member am I being sucked into a flame war with? Now that member and sucked have been used in the same sentence, can we put this in the Steel Cage and let 'em really go at it? :thumbsup:

Scoot over L.J. an' quit hogging the popcorn. Where's the beer in this joint?

GMichael
09-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Now that member and sucked have been used in the same sentence, can we put this in the Steel Cage and let 'em really go at it? :thumbsup:

Scoot over L.J. an' quit hogging the popcorn. Where's the beer in this joint?

There are a few in the fridge up here. Check the big fridge in the basement for a larger selection. There's more popcorn. Don't fight.

Here are our cheerleaders for the fight. They will need a place to sit.

topspeed
09-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm a traditionalist, gimme tight sweaters filled out in all the right places:

http://www.americasbestonline.net/2006USC6.jpg

GMichael
09-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Nothing wrong with a little variety. We can mix and match.

One with a sweater, two without. One with a sweater, two without.

I can deal with this. No problem.

basite
09-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Nothing wrong with a little variety. We can mix and match.

One with a sweater, two without. One with a sweater, two without.

I can deal with this. No problem.

seeing the amount of cheerleaders without a sweater it would more likely be something like:

one with a sweater, 20 without. one with, 20 without...

but that's ok, I can live with that :D

is the popcorn ready?

Rich-n-Texas
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Here ya go enlightened ones:

I might be a "rent a pig" but you're a guinea pig!
All of this is rather enlightening.
My pronto is doing fine but four years old, and will need replacing soon.
I was thinking about a Harmony but now...
One of the requirements of an universal remote is that any idiot can master one.
So I guess the harmony is out of the running:1:
This was taken from the thread I started seeking adise and answers to my questions about my remote. The topic went off course; I tried to steer it back, but then I get this? You people can't justify that crap no matter how you try to spin it.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=24106
Page 5<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

GMichael
09-28-2007, 10:12 AM

This was taken from the thread I started seeking adise and answers to my questions about my remote. The topic went off course; I tried to steer it back, but then I get this? You people can't justify that crap no matter how you try to spin it.

I don't think that anyone was trying to justify Pixie's actions. That would be a lost cause.

JSE
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Holy Crap, :eek: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this. It gave me the Lexmark willies.

kexodusc
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Holy Crap, :eek: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this. It gave me the Lexmark willies.
Yeah, the similarities are eerily creepy...right down to the crappy movie reviews...remember how Lex would take a thread off on a tangent by mentioning he had done a review, then link it for us? Man, that guy was weird....

GMichael
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
seeing the amount of cheerleaders without a sweater it would more likely be something like:

one with a sweater, 20 without. one with, 20 without...

but that's ok, I can live with that :D

is the popcorn ready?

DING.........

Popcorn is ready.

L.J.
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM

Not the first time.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=182453&postcount=102

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=154127&postcount=10

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=150984&postcount=25

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-28-2007, 02:52 PM

Alright, don't use my girls(I went to USC) this way you bunch of deprived maniacs

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Not the first time.

Oh snap, I remember this. Ooooo...scary.

Woochifer
09-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, the similarities are eerily creepy...right down to the crappy movie reviews...remember how Lex would take a thread off on a tangent by mentioning he had done a review, then link it for us? Man, that guy was weird....

Actually, half of those threads went into flaming meltdowns because he would mention his "professional" reviews and then go ballistic whenever anyone asked for a link! (Remember his claimed status as a freelancer for Home Theater magazine? He never produced a single link despite many requests to do so ... and some of these requests were actually sincere!). The link requests from JSE inevitably devolved into riotous stalker threads that rank among the most entertaining flame wars ever on this board. The best one though was the Revenge of the Sith thread where he single-handedly took on virtually the entire board membership (and their mothers) -- I think more than 200 posts accumulated in less than 24 hours before things got so out of hand that the admins deleted the thread.

kexodusc
09-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Actually, half of those threads went into flaming meltdowns because he would mention his "professional" reviews and then go ballistic whenever anyone asked for a link! (Remember his claimed status as a freelancer for Home Theater magazine? He never produced a single link despite many requests to do so ... and some of these requests were actually sincere!). The link requests from JSE inevitably devolved into riotous stalker threads that rank among the most entertaining flame wars ever on this board. The best one though was the Revenge of the Sith thread where he single-handedly took on virtually the entire board membership (and their mothers) -- I think more than 200 posts accumulated in less than 24 hours before things got so out of hand that the admins deleted the thread.
Ahh, those were the days. You gotta admit, there was nothing as entertaining as watching Lexietyladiny_aruti throw a temper tantrum and reduce into a paranoid fit. He KNOWS who YOU really ARE. IIRC there's a real Scott Aruti that Lexie pretended to be.
Not just plagiarism, but identity theft too.

But nothing on Ar.com ever, EVER approached the catastrophic depths of self-destruction like the woman hating thread on that car forum....yikes.

topspeed
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Alright, don't use my girls(I went to USC) this way you bunch of deprived maniacs Actually, I think you meant "depraved," although as married man "deprived" works just as well :(. Besides, they're my girls, too ;).

But nothing on Ar.com ever, EVER approached the catastrophic depths of self-destruction like the woman hating thread on that car forum....yikes. Ahhhh...good times!!!

That thread was flat scary. I'm talking stalker-with-a-chainsaw (and a case of Bud Light) scary. Entertaining as hell...but whoa!

SP definitely has some Lex-like mannerisms...just on meds. No catastrophic melt-downs.

Yet.

JSE
09-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Not the first time.

I forgot about superpanasonicivsiondision or whatever his name was. I was kindof MIA during his brief stay here. Looks like I missed out on an entire Lex personality. Of course, I was once accused of being Lex by a newer member so maybe I did not miss out on it? Dum, Dum, Dummmmmmmmm! :shocked:

The one thing about Lex or whatever he calls himself these days. He will melt down at some point. It's not a matter of "if", it's just a matter "when". Someone will question his stance that T2 is the greatest sequel of all time and he will blow!

jrhymeammo
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
DING.........

Popcorn is ready.

I, honestly, cannot stand smelling popcorn.
It smells like urine from a person who's always drinking energy drinks and is always dehydrated. Smells just horrible.

Anyone here feel me on this?

JRA

Mr Peabody
09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
JRA, I'm sorry, but you are on your own with this. It's a little scary how much detail you know about yurin odors.

jrhymeammo
09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Check out my sig.

Should I get you involved?

jim goulding
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Had to attend a conference and missed recent carrying on. But what are all these sub going ons? I have immensely enjoyed the banter between the principal fellas, your enthusiasm and writing skills are more entertaining than the subject to me, sorry, but find the comments just preceding on this page a little rank and pretty off the subject. I guess cats are getting bored.

bobsticks
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I, honestly, cannot stand smelling popcorn.
It smells like urine from a person who's always drinking energy drinks and is always dehydrated. Smells just horrible.

Anyone here feel me on this?

JRA

Jesus jay, again?? You really got me wanting to jump in the car and come down there to see ya. Yeah, I'm sure I'd leave a few hundy short in the pocket but imagine all the inbred Polynesian and smelly urine stories I'd have...smh :idea:

Mr Peabody
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
"I get it now", he says as the lightbulb comes on over his head.

jrhymeammo
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Jesus jay, again??

What? My psychosis?

I'm tellin ya. Go pop a bag in a microwave. It's smells like a Dog Kennel.

Maybe PS can post some visual image with his $8000 laptop.

JRA

PeruvianSkies
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
What? My psychosis?

I'm tellin ya. Go pop a bag in a microwave. It's smells like a Dog Kennel.

Maybe PS can post some visual image with his $8000 laptop.

JRA

Riiiiight. $8,000 laptop....try a desktop with a 23" HD CinemaDisplay. Insults only hurt if they actually make sense.

PeruvianSkies
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM

I am curious to know which of my movie reviews have been crappy? Please enlighten.

pixelthis
09-30-2007, 11:38 PM

YOU are the one who started this with your "rent a pig" crap, so don't dish it out if you can't take it.
This "rent a pig" has been in police and security work for 25 years with more training than you can imagine, and you can't even come up with an original insult.
As for this "flame war" peruvian is doing by himself (kinda like his sex life) I see that the
kids are having a good time, but next time I leave I'm definately hiring a sitter.
As for the question about MDF, I have heard speakers made out of real wood,. not this
sawdust/glue concoction, and while every speaker made these days doesn't suffer from
being made from this stuff,. I just thought that building your own would be a great opportunity to see if speakers made from real wood would sound better or worse,
is all:1:

pixelthis
09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok, so 3 years ago...well, how about looking online at their website and see if any of them ring a bell. Instead of playing the whole 'forgetfulness' act. You see where I come from (you know Earth) people tend to back up what they are saying in order to be taken seriously. It's not a hard thing to do. There are only a few models to choose from: Alpha, Image, Stratus, or the Platinums. My guess is you probably heard the Alpha line and are basing their entry level speaker on what their entire line up has to offer. No wait, let me taken that back. I am guessing that you probably never really spent any decent time with PSB at all, but are just trying to troll.
I've spent some time with PSB but they aren't the center of everybodies universe.
Sorry

pixelthis
09-30-2007, 11:47 PM
As for the speakers coloring the sound, its gonna happen.
Sorry, but if you observe something you change it.
When we hear this we think of viewing, because thats our primary thing(heard tonight that it takes one third of your brain) but it also applies to sound also.
And a speaker translating a sine wave will put its own special flavor on it.
In this respect speakers resemble musical instruments more than any other componet.
Might as well pick the ones that please you the most, because you will never get one that
perfectly reproduces the sound. They may reproduce the signal with great accuracy
but never without imposing their own flavor.
And every Canadian speaker I have ever bothered to listen to sounds like feet smell.
Sorry:1:

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 12:01 AM
I've spent some time with PSB but they aren't the center of everybodies universe.
Sorry

And yet you can't seem to recall a single model number or anything about them or give more in-depth about your experience with them. Sounds bogus to me, but that's no surprise, about 99% of what you say is.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
YOU are the one who started this with your "rent a pig" crap, so don't dish it out if you can't take it.
This "rent a pig" has been in police and security work for 25 years with more training than you can imagine, and you can't even come up with an original insult.
As for this "flame war" peruvian is doing by himself (kinda like his sex life)

I am not the one who is divorced and single.

pixelthis
10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Riiiiight. $8,000 laptop....try a desktop with a 23" HD CinemaDisplay. Insults only hurt if they actually make sense.

I have a desktop with a 37'' display, since my Vizio has an RGB input.
CAN'T remember the last time I used my 20in Samsung.
Too bad your toshiba can't handle computer resolutions or you could do the same.
And while I can't quite recall what those psb's were, the Axioms my friend bought were the m80's, which Axiom is STILL selling:1:

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I have a desktop with a 37'' display, since my Vizio has an RGB input.
CAN'T remember the last time I used my 20in Samsung.
Too bad your toshiba can't handle computer resolutions or you could do the same.
And while I can't quite recall what those psb's were, the Axioms my friend bought were the m80's, which Axiom is STILL selling:1:

1. I would take an Apple CinemaDisplay over your Vizio anyday of the week. You might want to check out the specs of Apples HD displays they are far superior to your TV, especially when I am using top-of-the-line graphics card.
2. I don't care to use my TV for Computer purposes.
3. Since you can't recall what the PSB's were...maybe you can't recall what they sound like either. You might want to remember such things if you are going to trash them.

JSE
10-01-2007, 08:39 AM
1. I would take an Apple CinemaDisplay over your Vizio anyday of the week. You might want to check out the specs of Apples HD displays they are far superior to your TV, especially when I am using top-of-the-line graphics card.
2. I don't care to use my TV for Computer purposes.
3. Since you can't recall what the PSB's were...maybe you can't recall what they sound like either. You might want to remember such things if you are going to trash them.

So we are now at the "mine's bigger/better than yours" argument?

Like someone else mentioned, I think there is some blame on both sides in terms of trolling and baiting and flame wars (it that's what you want to call them, Lame-o!). Pix, you just seem to rub some people the wrong way and PS, you seem to have a vendetta against Pix and a lot of your comments against Pix are unprevoked. Some are not, but some are. Maybe your vendatta it's a diversion? Maybe it's payback? The bullied has become the bully?

Bottom line, you guys need to "kick it up a knotch". It's really amateur hour right now. I know you guys can do better.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
So we are now at the "mine's bigger/better than yours" argument?

Like someone else mentioned, I think there is some blame on both sides in terms of trolling and baiting and flame wars (it that's what you want to call them, Lame-o!). Pix, you just seem to rub some people the wrong way and PS, you seem to have a vendetta against Pix and a lot of your comments against Pix are unprevoked. Some are not, but some are. Maybe your vendatta it's a diversion? Maybe it's payback? The bullied has become the bully?

Bottom line, you guys need to "kick it up a knotch". It's really amateur hour right now. I know you guys can do better.

Actually you see what started this whole thing boils down to one very simple fact....

If you are going to state your opinion...back it up with something solid.

Pixelthis states that he has experience with PSB speakers, yet fails to mention anything about them, any models numbers, anything to gain any credibility towards his statement. Therefore by making that comment, it's pure Trolling 101.

We all have our opinions and we all share them...if I said...I don't like YAMAHA receivers...I would also need to state why, which I have in the past. I just don't like their navigation and find them tedious to work with, which is what my experience tells me. I prefer Pioneer over Yamaha, but I don't discount other people liking Yamaha.

Do you see how there are 2 ways to this approach? This is why Pix gets under most peoples skin around here. He spouts off stuff, but never really solidifies his argument and never comes across as understanding on other peoples behalf.

I am not trying to bully Pix or even disagree with him, unless it's called for. I won't sit back while trash talks things that he can't support. There are statements that he has made in the past that I agree with and didn't respond to and there are also some statements that he has made (like his current one on Floorstanders Vs. Bookshelf) that I don't really agree with, but I am leaving it alone.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 09:31 AM

And what exactly is your purpose here? Do you get off seeing people fight or something? All you are trying to do is add fuel to the fire, then complain because we are attacking each other.

GMichael
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Dang it! I'm out of popcorn.
Anyone got any chips?

JSE
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
And what exactly is your purpose here? Do you get off seeing people fight or something? All you are trying to do is add fuel to the fire, then complain because we are attacking each other.

My purpose? To give my opinion that I think both of you are to blame.
Do I get off seeing poeple fight - Um, well, Yeah! Don't we all?

Am I adding fuel to the fire and complaining you guys are atacking each other? Come on PS, read my post again. I was just stating you guys need to step it up a bit. You two guys are like two little girls slapping each other's hand. Nuuu-Uhhhhhh, Uuuuu-Huhhhh! Nuuuu-Uhhhh, Uuuuu-Huhhhhh! I'm just trying to get you guys to let loose!, Let it all hang out, take it the the Steal Cage. This is not a disagreement, a fight, a flame war, it's a "spiff".

L.J.
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Dang it! I'm out of popcorn.
Anyone got any chips?

Perhaps Lex will bring some.

GMichael
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Perhaps Lex will bring some.

Are you being haunted by a printer?

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
That's what's got me confused. Some want the flaming to stop, but think it comes up short compared to previous flame wars, then swear it's the same combatant reincarnated? HUGH? I'm seeing examples of the "pack" mentality here which is dissappointing to say the least.

And in PS's defense (I know you don't need me to PS but the remark surprised me), what IS it about his film/record reviews that make them "crappy"? He puts a lot of thought and effort into them; I find most of them very helpful when I'm trying to decide what I'd like to see or listen to next, but the fact is that at least he contributes in a positive way to this deadly dull site, right? What does pixelthis contribute that has a positive, or even pleasant influence here? I can't think of anything.

A car forum I used to belong to would put people who did nothing more than instigate and antagonize others on timeout by banning thier IP address for a week or longer. I wasn't around when the heavy-handedness was in effect here, but things can be allowed to go too far in the opposite direction just as easily, as has happened in this case.

I think for the most part GM I do play nice here, but I'm just a bit tired of all the demeaning retorts I get from this cat even when I'm trying to get answers to my questions about my remote, my receiver, the hole in my ceiling...etc. It's funny, I've put him on my ignore list in the past, but that didn't help because people would quote him when they were proving him wrong time after time about some antagonistic statement that rolled off his fingers. Do I like being refered to as "rich on paper", or "rich in his own mind"? No, but I don't start crying over it and act like a two-year-old, at least I don't think I do.

The senoir members here... Wooch AND Kex included have both in essence said the same things: he thinks his preferences are the facts, but when it comes time to put them to the test he falls flat on his face anyway. But don't try to tell him he's wrong or you'll get the usual sarcasm. Very sad.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
That's what's got me confused. Some want the flaming to stop, but think it comes up short compared to previous flame wars, then swear it's the same combatant reincarnated? HUGH? I'm seeing examples of the "pack" mentality here which is dissappointing to say the least.

And in PS's defense (I know you don't need me to PS but the remark surprised me), what IS it about his film/record reviews that make them "crappy"? He puts a lot of thought and effort into them; I find most of them very helpful when I'm trying to decide what I'd like to see or listen to next, but the fact is that at least he contributes in a positive way to this deadly dull site, right? What does pixelthis contribute that has a positive, or even pleasant influence here? I can't think of anything.

A car forum I used to belong to would put people who did nothing more than instigate and antagonize others on timeout by banning thier IP address for a week or longer. I wasn't around when the heavy-handedness was in effect here, but things can be allowed to go too far in the opposite direction just as easily, as has happened in this case.

I think for the most part GM I do play nice here, but I'm just a bit tired of all the demeaning retorts I get from this cat even when I'm trying to get answers to my questions about my remote, my receiver, the hole in my ceiling...etc. It's funny, I've put him on my ignore list in the past, but that didn't help because people would quote him when they were proving him wrong time after time about some antagonistic statement that rolled off his fingers. Do I like being refered to as "rich on paper", or "rich in his own mind"? No, but I don't start crying over it and act like a two-year-old, at least I don't think I do.

The senoir members here... Wooch AND Kex included have both in essence said the same things: he thinks his preferences are the facts, but when it comes time to put them to the test he falls flat on his face anyway. But don't try to tell him he's wrong or you'll get the usual sarcasm. Very sad.

You noticed the "pack attack" too? Interesting how certain people don't attack me or say anything negative towards me until there is an opportunity to with a group of others, then once the floodgates are open, I am minimized to the likes of Lexmark. I think that my record here shows a great amount of contribution evenly throughout many topics and threads, I try to be as helpful as I can towards whatever topic and I am also aware of my own limitations towards certain topics, to which I stay away from if I cannot contribute. I also hand out Reputation Points like they are free candy to many people and have also attempted to help rebuild this site (see MUTINY ON THE AR BOARD).

GMichael
10-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I think for the most part GM I do play nice here,

I can't speak for the others, but I'm just having fun poking at you guys. What else is there to do.

but I'm just a bit tired of all the demeaning retorts I get from this cat even when I'm trying to get answers to my questions about my remote, my receiver, the hole in my ceiling...etc.

No doubt that he's anoying in many ways.

Everyone sees Pix for who he is.

GMichael
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
You noticed the "pack attack" too? Interesting how certain people don't attack me or say anything negative towards me until there is an opportunity to with a group of others, then once the floodgates are open, I am minimized to the likes of Lexmark. I think that my record here shows a great amount of contribution evenly throughout many topics and threads, I try to be as helpful as I can towards whatever topic and I am also aware of my own limitations towards certain topics, to which I stay away from if I cannot contribute. I also hand out Reputation Points like they are free candy to many people and have also attempted to help rebuild this site (see MUTINY ON THE AR BOARD).

Lex was actually a great contributor to this forum as well. He posted well thought out threads every day. He just would go off the deep end if anyone disagreed with him. He would then start using a lot of CAPS to make his points. Anyone who comes along and uses caps is going to get likened to him regardless of what you are saying. It brings back memories.

L.J.
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Pack attack? Get a life, nobody's attacking you! The point was in your rants and crying you start to act just like LEX. It's been brought up by several members here over the past 6months are so. Some of you guys take this @$#& way too seriously. It's a joke. Get over it.

As far as this thread goes, if PX is pissing you guys off so much. Why reply to his freakin' posts? If you feel he's a troll, DON'T FEED HIM. I personally don't mind 'em. I think he adds a little flavor and humor to the place. Yeah, he can be a prick sometimes, but who cares.

JSE
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't think it's a "pack attack". PS, you said/wrote something that reminded a few of us older members here of a past member. It's creapy how similiar it is/was. We commented on it. Simple as that. It was a harmless statement to you but it had a huge amount of impact on some of us who dealt with our little printer in the past. If you feel you are being "pack attacked", then well, you need to get some thicker skin. I can assure you that if I have a problem with someone (and I don't with you) I am prefectly willing to express myself to them on my own, free of the pack. I think some of the older members here can attest to that.

In my last few posts I simply stated I feel the both of you are partially to blame for your current "war". Remember, you started this thread. Just from my reading, I think you have both been out of line at times. Pix probably more than PS. I'm not saying either of you should stop, I'm just giving my opinion on what has transpired so far. Again, that's just my opinion. You can take it or leave it. You started the thread so you better be prepared to take the critism with the support. And, were you not soliciting a "pack attack" when you started this thread? To me, it seems like the whole purpose of this thread was to call Pix out in public and you have been just as much a part of the "pack" as everyone else. To now complain of being pack attacked is a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

I was also commenting that the "war" or whatever you want to call it was a bit lame and needed to be stepped up. I think I have been pretty clear recently that this forum needs some spice. If your gonna fight, freakin fight. Take it to the CAGE! And, just to make my "tone" clear, I am saying this last paragraph a bit "tongue in cheek". It's all good fun.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Pack attack? Get a life, nobody's attacking you! The point was in your rants and crying you start to act just like LEX. It's been brought up by several members here over the past 6months are so. Some of you guys take this @$#& way too seriously. It's a joke. Get over it.

As far as this thread goes, if PX is pissing you guys off so much. Why reply to his freakin' posts? If you feel he's a troll, DON'T FEED HIM. I personally don't mind 'em. I think he adds a little flavor and humor to the place. Yeah, he can be a prick sometimes, but who cares.

Let's make a deal...

I'll stop my whining...when you stop whining about your stupid rep points. Fair enough?

kexodusc
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Let's make a deal...

I'll stop my whining...when you stop whining about your stupid rep points. Fair enough?
Yeah, by "crappy movie reviews" I meant "crappy movies", reviewed...not "crappy reviews" on movies...I'll apologize for the ambiguity, not the reference. Lex would post some weird ass reviews - your selections aren't as crappy, but sometimes things you write do sorta conjure up memories...

I don't think anyone's going out of their way to attack you, but maybe are disappointed that you got sucked into a flame war with someone you can't beat.
Seriously, it's not a discussion with him - it's just a forum for him to vent his bitterness - his comments are funny sometimes, but mostly I have seen very little positive comments from him since he arrived. Easier to antogonize than to contribute constructively. He's entitled to his opininions, but best not to take him to task on them cause you're not going to change his mind, no matter how wrong he is.
So what if he insulted your gear. Pretty sure PSB's doing just fine without his endorsement.

L.J.
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Let's make a deal...

Whose whining. I come here to chill with my peeps at AR and maybe pickup a thing or two. Do you think I really care about the reputation points. Just trying to call out the wussy who did it. At least leave your name in the remark box so I can know which LUNATIC is CRAZY enough to sign in under 3 screen names to dish out the "stupid rep points". Perhaps I should start a LJ vs the negative point lunatic thread.

But please, NO, don't stop the crying, it's what your best at.

kexodusc
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Whose whining. I come here to chill with my peeps at AR and maybe pickup a thing or two. Do you think I really care about the reputation points. Just trying to call out the wussy who did it. At least leave your name in the remark box so I can know which LUNATIC is CRAZY enough to sign in under 3 screen names to dish out the "stupid rep points". Perhaps I should start a LJ vs the negative point lunatic thread.

But please, NO, don't stop the crying, it's what your best at.
Who signed in under 3 screen names? Lame. How do ya tell if you've been dis-reputed with those thingys?

GMichael
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Who signed in under 3 screen names? Lame. How do ya tell if you've been dis-reputed with those thingys?

Click on User CP and then go about 3/4 of the way down the page.

kexodusc
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Aww man, I got negged this morning at 12 am in a thread I haven't been active in in 2 weeks - and someone negged me in GM's "just for fun" thread....

JSE
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Aww man, I got negged this morning at 12 am in a thread I haven't been active in in 2 weeks - and someone negged me in GM's "just for fun" thread....

Yeah, I got negged earlier in a random thread where I was being a "good boy". Hmmm?

It's actually kindof funny. I think G'Man actually took back a green one from me? :shocked:

GMichael
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM

There's a red egger out there somewhere. I got one for telling someone that I liked their system.

GMichael
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I got negged earlier in a random thread where I was being a "good boy". Hmmm?

It's actually kindof funny. I think G'Man actually took back a green one from me? :shocked:

You can't really take them back. But only the last few are shown. The one I gave you may have slipped into the "too old to show" area.

JSE
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
You can't really take them back. But only the last few are shown. The one I gave you may have slipped into the "too old to show" area.

NO CHICKLETS! :cornut:

L.J.
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

After making comments on this thread I kinda knew I'd get a few. Basically I got 3 negative points, minutes apart, and all from a post a made 2 weeks ago. Not a coincidence but most likely someone signing in under multiple screen names. The 3rd negative didn't have enough pull to knock any points down so it must have been from a new sreen name. The other 2 did knock points down so they came from a regular poster. You can't see who sent it unless they leave a name or message in the reply box.

topspeed
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
These "rep" points are lame. I got negged in a thread where I went to the trouble of posting pics of the the speakers I was referring to (it was one on "best looking standmounts") Go figure. Rep points are high school. You want positive rep? Say something intelligent, I'm old enough to keep a running scorecard in my noggin without some stupid point system.

That's what's got me confused. Some want the flaming to stop, but think it comes up short compared to previous flame wars, then swear it's the same combatant reincarnated? HUGH? I'm seeing examples of the "pack" mentality here which is dissappointing to say the least. Rich, you've been here long enough that you should know when we're screwing with people. How many times have I railed at you for your love of F bodies? I don't get bent when you hack away at BMW (that what you say is actually true is irrelevant). Hey brother, it's just a discussion board.

Like Mike says, we all know who Pix is. Either ignore him or join the party. Whether you're "for" Pix or PS really has nothing to do with it. It's the entertainment value that counts.

kexodusc
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, I just repped a few of you guys, but apparently it's put me into rep-chapter 11. Guess I'm not allowed to rep until the rep-credit improves. That's what you get for issuing sub-prime rep points...Oh well.

L.J.
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, I just repped a few of you guys, but apparently it's put me into rep-chapter 11. Guess I'm not allowed to rep until the rep-credit improves. That's what you get for issuing sub-prime rep points...Oh well.

Now that was funny.

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
These "rep" points are lame. I got negged in a thread where I went to the trouble of posting pics of the the speakers I was referring to (it was one on "best looking standmounts") Go figure. Rep points are high school. You want positive rep? Say something intelligent, I'm old enough to keep a running scorecard in my noggin without some stupid point system.
Somewhere deep in the bowels of the AR forum, I and others mentioned that yes, this is just entertainment and I'd say very few, if any take the points bit seriously. Me, I like the pretty kellers. :yesnod:

Rich, you've been here long enough that you should know when we're screwing with people. How many times have I railed at you for your love of F bodies? I don't get bent when you hack away at BMW (that what you say is actually true is irrelevant). Hey brother, it's just a discussion board.
Without my sarcasm detector I'm a pile of sh!t.

Like Mike says, we all know who Pix is. Either ignore him or join the party. Whether you're "for" Pix or PS really has nothing to do with it. It's the entertainment value that counts.
I've been on both sides of the fence. I've... well, I'll leave it at that.

Mr Peabody
10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
HEY!! I just call'em, like I see'em. AND........ GMichael eats too damn much.

topspeed
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I've been on both sides of the fence. I've... well, I'll leave it at that.Wait a sec'...are you saying you've batted from the other side of the plate? :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
NOT THAT FENCE!!! You must live in San Fran... :rolleyes:

Let's try to keep this thread on topic... or not!

Mr Peabody
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Wait a sec'...are you saying you've batted from the other side of the plate? :ihih:

You forgot, "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Love it or hate it, at least this thread got more attention than most threads on this site.

pixelthis
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Love it or hate it, at least this thread got more attention than most threads on this site.

Which is what you're really about.
I guess you thought I WAS AN EASY TARGET, well, I certainly hope you're getting the attention you crave.
As for the "little red pills, I can't beleive anybody is concerned about This
"popularity" rating, especially on a site where the vast majority don't have a clue as to anything electronic in nature.
Mr. p maybe, and kex knows speakers. There are a few others, but mostly
there is a void of real info on this forum, just a bunch of mouths.
Like "rich", who really is rich on paper. Too bad he doesn't know anything about the markets or he'd understand that, but his knowledge of finance is about on par with his knowledge of audio, home theater, or really anything else.
Sorry I didn't know you didn't have a sense of humour "rich", the carpetbagger pretending
to be southern.
And thats what you will always be, doesn't matter if you live in the south the rest of your life, you were born a yankee and you'll stay that way.
And peruvian pee-pot, who doesn't understand anything AT ALL.
This hobby is so vast that no one can know everything but you expect me to remember
the "model numbers" of some speakers I heard years ago and didn't even like then.
They were very forgettable speakers, peruvian ant hill, and the fact that you love such
a bland, mechanical speaker speaks vollumes.
You're kinda like "rich" in a way, you think the monetary value of your stuff should
be a symbol of their worth, all its a symbol of is your depleted bank account.
You picked this fight, calling me a "troll", whatever that is.
I have come to understand that when someone calls you a troll it means they don't like what you have to say.
You have attacked me relentlessly, and then turn around and call ME a troll.
I can't post anything on this site without one of your hatefull remarks.
Get a clue. Even people who have been here longer than me have commented on the way you attack me whenever I post. Some claim I am clueless but how does anybody know?
Everytime I try to post something here comes peruvian pissant with one of what he thinks is a clever retort, but lately hes' been coming off as a rat dog yipping and jumping up your leg.
WELL, bad news, peruvian phew, I ain't going ANYWHERE, despite your best efforts to bully me off of this site.
Age and treachery will beat youth and inexperience everytime, welp.
Sooner or later you'll get tired of the constant badgering everytime I post,
self appointed "troll killer".
If not, well, I'll just keep badgering BACK:dita:

jim goulding
10-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Pix- Lest you think you're not appreciated (as could be gathered on this thread), just prior to reading your last post I gave you a "little green pill" for tenacity and because I don't think you deserved a red one in the first place. By now, you must think it's a badge of honor in present company. You're not an idiot, contraire, anyone can see that if they're lookin beyond the animosity. Every mother's son sucking air has opinion and can express it (this ain't 1984) but this has degenerated to insults completely obscuring the argument. With respect to all, may I humbly suggest that the lot of you knock this s*** off and return to some semblance of reason. On the other hand, if you think I should just f*** off, newbie, I suppose that's cool. But, really.

GMichael
10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
HEY!! I just call'em, like I see'em. AND........ GMichael eats too damn much.

And that's the truth. Pthhhhhhhhhhht...........

GMichael
10-02-2007, 05:14 AM
I guess you thought I WAS AN EASY TARGET, well, I certainly hope you're getting the attention you crave.
"popularity" rating, especially on a site where the vast majority don't have a clue as to anything electronic in nature.
Like "rich", who really is rich on paper. Too bad he doesn't know anything about the markets or he'd understand that, but his knowledge of finance is about on par with his knowledge of audio, home theater, or really anything else.
Sorry I didn't know you didn't have a sense of humour "rich", the carpetbagger pretending
to be southern.
And thats what you will always be, doesn't matter if you live in the south the rest of your life, you were born a yankee and you'll stay that way.
This hobby is so vast that no one can know everything but you expect me to remember
the "model numbers" of some speakers I heard years ago and didn't even like then.
They were very forgettable speakers, peruvian ant hill, and the fact that you love such
You're kinda like "rich" in a way, you think the monetary value of your stuff should
I have come to understand that when someone calls you a troll it means they don't like what you have to say.
Get a clue. Even people who have been here longer than me have commented on the way you attack me whenever I post. Some claim I am clueless but how does anybody know?
Everytime I try to post something here comes peruvian pissant with one of what he thinks is a clever retort, but lately hes' been coming off as a rat dog yipping and jumping up your leg.
WELL, bad news, peruvian phew, I ain't going ANYWHERE, despite your best efforts to bully me off of this site.

That's better. Stand up and fight. I was starting to think that you you were whimping out on us.

Good one here though. Nothing like insulting everyone on the entire forum. (except Kex and P-man that is) Keep up the good work. Next class will be 3 hours and include a short test. Be sure to study. Oh, and no cell phones durring the test!

L.J.
10-02-2007, 06:25 AM

Who's concerned? Just toying around with the person that did it.

especially on a site where the vast majority don't have a clue as to anything electronic in nature.

We all have to start somewhere.

This hobby is so vast that no one can know everything....

Make up your mind. You just lashed out at the forum for not knowing everything.

markw
10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Are you intentionally trying to turn people against you?

As for the "little red pills, I can't beleive anybody is concerned about This"popularity" rating, especially on a site where the vast majority don't have a clue as to anything electronic in nature.

Mr. p maybe, and kex knows speakers. There are a few others, but mostly there is a void of real info on this forum, just a bunch of mouths.This "mouth" has been involved in audio, both professionally for a while but mostly as a hobbyst, since the early 60's.

"Little red pills" notwithstanding, you really know how to make friends, don't you?

And you claim to be in law enforcement? With your attitude, that's scary.

GMichael
10-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Are you intentionally trying to turn people against you?

This "mouth" has been involved in audio, both professionally for a while but mostly as a hobbyst, since the early 60's.

"Little red pills" notwithstanding, you really know how to make friends, don't you?

And you claim to be in law enforcement? With your attitude, that's scary.

I don't think he's using a brush. He just seems to be filling buckets with paint and then flipping them into the crowd.

kexodusc
10-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the endorsement, but I prefer MDF to real wood (having used both), remember.

There's a few guys on here who know more about speakers than you and I combined. If you ever posted anything constructive worthy of discussion rather than just slinging mud all day, you might learn something. You don't always have to be right, or even agree with other people's opinions...that's the funny thing about a hobby based on subjective experiences. Of course, the desire to learn has to be there too.
If you already know everything and there's nothing of value for you here, then why are you still around?

Rich-n-Texas
10-02-2007, 07:52 AM
:sad: He hurt my feelings.

Sorry I didn't know you didn't have a sense of humour "rich", the carpetbagger pretending to be southern.
:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:
Pretending to be southern??? I'm here for the money Jack!

Thank you for that life lesson, social mis-fit. GM, take care of my light work.

You know, when I read his post from the DLP tech discussion:

Not really. What I say about various displays is a fact, not a personal bias.
You see, heres the problem, anyone can look at how things are going and offer an opinion.
And its easy to see that LCD is going to be the main format in the future.
Nothing wrong with DLP, except that it is just not a mass market form factor.
I actually thought about buying one once, a cheap way to get a big screen.
And changing bulbs, and the tough regimen you have to maintain to prolong the life of one, nothing to someone who has had turntables his entire life.
but a Samsung DLP 46 in is selling for 800$ at circuit city!
This form factor can't be beating the world if they are so cheap.
DLP has ONE part of the market, HT types who are broke and DLP is the only way they can get a big screen at a reasonable price.
Thats it.
FOR everybody else wall mounting, no glare, long life, and a decent if not perfect picture
will tilt the buyer in favor of LCD.
dlp AND pLASMA aren't that great in black level either you know.
I remember when Plasma came out, a major complaint was the lack of black level,
same with DLP. LCD detractors use this to cut down the display.
But the truth? The truth is that the difference between plasma, DLP, and LCD is slight
to most, in which case it comes down to convience, price, and value.
Thats the real world. Even if your old lady doesn't think wall mounted TV is "cool"
she can put a curtain over it when you're not watching.
AS FOR pLASMA , they run hotter , are heavier, made out of a LOT of glass, and the gas does leak out every once in awhile. I COULD WALLMOUNT A lcd, be scared to try with a plasma.
But does it mean that I "prefer" LCD? NO, just stating the facts as I see them.
People come to this site for help in choosing a TV among other things.
Not a bunch of wishy washing "on the other hand" comments.
I just offer things I have learned over the years, people can disreguard them or pay attention, I don't really care, but what I post you will find somewhere else, usually.:1:
I thought to myself... Well this is the closest I've seen to an actually civilized post from him, so maybe it's time to just live & let live, and then lo and behold, we end up with the same old same old back over here. :rolleyes:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

PeruvianSkies
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
to be southern.

Contrary to your opinion (see Pix's version of a fact) I am only interested in this site generating attention and actually having activity. That is why I post frequently and why I start numerous threads. Most of the time it's like a ghost town around here, so I try to spark up a bit of interest now and again. If you check out the thread MUTINY ON THE AR BOARD or the ERIC IS MISSING thread you will see my intentions clearly. I have left all of our banter to this thread from now on and will leave any comments regarding our issues here. I realize that our battle needs to be isolated and not flung all over the other threads, I accept the fact that I was wrong to battle and hijack other threads and because I am normally more civilized I can admit when I am wrong just as much as when I am right.

Here's the deal though, you have severe behavioral issues (since you in law enforcement it seems contradictory) but you can't seem to have a post without some sense of an insult in it. Peruvian this, Peruvian that.... you talk about age and experience, yet you hurl name calling like it was middle school. I only call you out when you start talking trash and when you start posting opinions as if they are facts. Now be a good troll and venture elsewhere, your game ends here.

RoyY51
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Up until this point, I was willing to overlook Pixelthis's bad manners. I just assumed that he was a well intentioned audiophile with limited social skills. However, after reading his latest venom-laced, mean-spirited rant, I can only conclude that we are dealing with a card-carrying misanthrope of the worst kind; a person who hates himself as much as he hates others. It's the only reason (that I can see) why he would encourage this kind of personal abuse to be heaped upon him.

It is a sad, sad situation

pixelthis
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Up until this point, I was willing to overlook Pixelthis's bad manners. I just assumed that he was a well intentioned audiophile with limited social skills. However, after reading his latest venom-laced, mean-spirited rant, I can only conclude that we are dealing with a card-carrying misanthrope of the worst kind; a person who hates himself as much as he hates others. It's the only reason (that I can see) why he would encourage this kind of personal abuse to be heaped upon him.

It is a sad, sad situation
Not for me, so don't worry about it.
Peruvian pencil pecker started this thread to throw dirt on ME, and everybody on this site
has chiped in, its hardly "antisocial" to defend ones self.
MY "rant is mean sprited? Look at this thread, what some have said about ME.
and i AM really CONCERNED about their opinion:sleep:

pixelthis
10-02-2007, 11:14 PM
:sad: He hurt my feelings.

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:
Pretending to be southern??? I'm here for the money Jack!
Spoken like a TRUE carpetbagger, good thing you AREN'T southern, or you might understand just how insulting that is
Thank you for that life lesson, social mis-fit. GM, take care of my light work.
GM is about the only one on this site who understands me, in other words the only one with a sense of humour
You know, when I read his post from the DLP tech discussion:
Which is bad news for you since you SELL dlp, so I can understand why it would piss you off.
Doesn't mean my facts are faulty, however
I thought to myself... Well this is the closest I've seen to an actually civilized post from him, so maybe it's time to just live & let live, and then lo and behold, we end up with the same old same old back over here. :rolleyes:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Well, after you called me a "rent a pig"(can't you come up with something a little more original?) that pretty much sunk it as far as I'm concerned.
And most of my posting has been rather civilized, mabey I piss people off by actually
posting what I beleive instead of sugarcoating it with a bunch of BS, but sorry, I assumed this site was composed mostly of grownups.
this is am exciting time to be involved in HOME theater or high end audio, things are changing at a rapid pace.
But my central message, one hard learned over the decades, is that this hobby rides
on the back of the great unwashed.
The sales and profit margins are too small, a lot of stuff has to be made from componets
taken from more mundane stuff.
And the main form of display will become THE form of display, and we need to work on improving that one instead of wasting time on esoteric crapdoodle that will eventually die out, because we will sooner or later be stuck with variations of mass market gear.
Its always been that way, always will be:1:

markw
10-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Peruvian pencil pecker started this thread to throw dirt on ME, and everybody on this site has chiped innthis is what you believe? It looks me that it was only a few jumped in the dog-pile, and most were those you dumped on in he past.

Also, I seem to recall a few stepping up to mitigate the damages you claim he dished on you and coming down against PS for starting this thread.

Most were wise enough to simply ignore this train wreck of a thread, at least until you started throwing those paint buckets around.

...and now you say "everybody" chipped in? It does seem you create your own problems, dude.

This sounds like a classic persecution complex. I'd work on that 'effens I were you.

Rich-n-Texas
10-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Britney's career is now being described as a "train wreck". They said it on Entertainment Tonight last night. Go figure...

GMichael
10-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Britney's career is now being described as a "train wreck". They said it on Entertainment Tonight last night. Go figure...

Sure, a train of gold. I think she'll be ok.

Rich-n-Texas
10-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't think so. Some of the people close to her are talking suicide watch. She lost custody of her kids yesterday, speculation that her performance on the MTV awards circus was career ending so I'm thinking my avatar might be short lived.

On topic:

WELCOME.
Watch where you step, okay? Gets kinda deep around here sometimes:cornut:
What brings this on? Why on earth would you be welcoming someone here? Totally out of character for you. Or is this your way of admitting that you're wrong about your personallity defects and you're now trying to make things right? Have you finally gotten the message?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

GMichael
10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't think so. Some of the people close to her are talking suicide watch. She lost custody of her kids yesterday, speculation that her performance on the MTV awards circus was career ending so I'm thinking my avatar might be short lived.

On topic:

What brings this on? Why on earth would you be welcoming someone here? Totally out of character for you. Or is this your way of admitting that you're wrong about your personallity defects and you're now trying to make things right? Have you finally gotten the message?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I meant money wise.

I bet that if she gets her life back together, then her X wouldn't mind her being in the kids lives more. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they know that they were on the wrong track. I hope that this is as low as her life gets. It's not like she's a mean person. Even if she was ugly as sin and didn't have a dime, I'd rather spend lunch with her than with a lot of other people.

pixelthis
10-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I meant money wise.

I bet that if she gets her life back together, then her X wouldn't mind her being in the kids lives more. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they know that they were on the wrong track. I hope that this is as low as her life gets. It's not like she's a mean person. Even if she was ugly as sin and didn't have a dime, I'd rather spend lunch with her than with a lot of other people.

True enough.
You DO know that the only reason "kfed" wants those kids is the child support don't ya?
Give em to the grandparents I say:1:

markw
10-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Give em to the grandparents I say:1:...I still say that Brittney's (sp?) parents are the ones that allowed, if not induced, her to get as effed up as she is. They used her, got whatever $$ they could, and sucked her dry. By the time they accepted that she was so spoiled, she had control over her own "destiny", they had no more control over at her at all.

Hollywood parents, waddaya gonna do?

Mr Peabody
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Anyone know where I can get my kids a screen test? I'm mailing out demo discs as we speak.