Hey, what a great institution. Here's the list for this year:

Jackson Browne
the Dells
George Harrison
Prince
Bob Seger
Traffic
ZZ Top

As has been pointed out elsewhere, no females (some think Patti Smith to be more worthy of inclusion than I do), no Gram Parsons, every artist's catalog the property of one of the Big Five (or is it Four already?), ZZ Top has a box set coming out. It's always pointless to say, 'what are they doing inducting artist X when I like artist Y & they're better & they're not being inducted? Artist X SUCKS.' So, in my neverending quest to be pointless, I say, what are they doing inducting BOB SEGER when I like Gram Parsons & he's better & he's not being inducted & BOB SEGER SUCKS? Just asking.

Worf101
11-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Bob Frickin Seger!!!???? They gotta be chittin me???!!!! Old Time Rockin' Roll? Who's next The Archies??!!!!! This guys going into the same hall with Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Robert Johnson, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, Big Joe Turner, Louis Jordan, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, James Jamerson, Elvis Presley (young Elvis only please)?????

There are hundreds of other "artists" that deserve that honor before that guy. No offense to him but the body of work just isn't there. Damn I'm more depressed than ever...

Da worried about the state of the art Worfster

nobody
11-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Their need to hold a big yearly shin dig and get a bunch of press and make a bunch of money means they gotta keep inducting people even if they've run out of ideas on people that really deserve it. As time goes on, these lists are just gonna get worse.

Still wouldn't mind visiting though. Could be fun.

And..oh yeah....BOB SEEGER SUCKS.

crush
11-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm glad Prince got in.
Here's the complete list of inductees since the first round in 1986:
http://www.rockhall.com/hof/allinductees.asp
Pretty disappointed that Captain Beefheart is not on the list.

nobody
11-21-2003, 01:27 PM
I just checked out that list. OK, I know they want to get some female representation and all, but Bonnie Rait's in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame? What? That's just sad.

YECH
11-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Ya done pissedme off now.
Don't like Bob Seger??What are you a commie pinko fairy????
But ya like those drug adled Ramone brothers.And there talentless noise they call music.Mr.Seger wrote songs from the heart about the heartlands of this great country of ours.The Ramones wrote retarded songs like Sheenas A Punk Rocker.Or maybe this piece of drivel,I Wanna Be Sedated.That's some stuff to give Bob Dylan a run for his money in the deep meaning lyrics department.

Oh man the gloves are off now buddy.
I'm about to have a catatonic fit cause of you bad mouthing the greatest rocker in the world.YES the world.That's Mr.Bob Seger.I would be willing to bet Live Silver Bullet sold more than the entire Ramones catalog.THERE take that for proof of his greatness.

I'm gonna go put one of his cds in my Phillips and verify his greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uhhhhhh wait a minute.
I don't have any Bob Seger CDs.
Oh yeah.
But I saw him in concert in 75 and he was AWESOME dude.
So just watch it when ya bad mouth Bob Seger.
YECHtongueincheekandassatthesametime

DarrenH
11-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Damn, not much love for Bob Seger around here I see. That's okay, I think The Ramones suck.

He puts on a helluva concert. Great show.

Live Bullet is perhaps one of the most popular live recordings ever made. Legendary. Absolutely fantastic.

Night Moves is a superior album. A classic.

Does he deserve the Rockhall, why not. He's certainly popular enough. Sold millions of records.

Are there others that should go ahead of Seger, sure. But we don't decide that do we. So, in my mind, good for Bob. I could think of worse.

Darren

MindGoneHaywire
11-22-2003, 01:12 AM
So just watch it when ya bad mouth Bob Seger.

He sure sells a lot of cars. OOOHHH, LIKE A ROCK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YECH
11-22-2003, 04:00 AM
He sure sells a lot of cars. OOOHHH, LIKE A ROCK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya see,even more proof to the greatness of BOB SEGER!!!!!!
His music is wanted by ad agencies everywhere.
This is sure proof positive of the greatness of his music.
The great unwashed,denture wearing middle americans adore Bob Seger and realize his greatness.
Whilst the big city sodomites cannot seem to grasp his amazing talent.Preferring to drool on themselves mumbling some BS about CBGBs and the 80s.Whatever that means.

Bob Segers music will be enjoyed by millions for infinity.

Allthough the fact Dunderhead Darren likes him makes me queasy.
I have heard thru the Rave Recs grapevines Darren has an appointment for electro shock therapy to zap him out of his severe case of "musically arrested development" he suffers from.

So for now all I can say is:
I'm goin to Khatmandu
after I smoke some OPS.

Patti smith in the RNR Hall Of fame???
It might be one way to have the skank take a bath.
SHAVE THOSE PITS GIRL.
YECHY
untill we meet again