Klipsch Forte II's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Forte II's

dandre47
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Ok, so i posted before about my speakers dilemma, and i was looking at klipsch rb-35s or some onix speakers from av123, but the onix were on backorder until like a month from now so that made my decision easier, until i got an opportunity to pick up a pair of klipsch forte II's... i've heard great things but from a couple of the reviews i've read, amp matching is pretty important with them. I have an H/K 3485 high current 2 channel 120wpc receiver... just wondering if any of you had heard the forte IIs with different receivers and could give me some input. They would be used to play everything from hard rock to classical at low and high volumes. I'm just wondering if the H/K would do the job with these or if i should match them with a more expensive denon refurb like the dra-697 which is right at the edge of my price range. thanks for your help guys! any info about these speakers from people who have heard them would be great.

Dan

Pat D
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
The Klipsch Forte II is a very nice speaker, one of the best Klipsch made. It's a quite sensitive speaker so most any amp will work with them as long as it is fairly quiet. I'm not familiar with that particular receiver but some receivers are not quiet enough with very sensitive speakers.

topspeed
09-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Your H/K should be fine. As Pat mentioned, the Forte's are very sensitive so you can drive them with just about anything. The challenge is going to be the horns. If any part of the front end is "bright" or "aggressive," you'll know in no uncertain terms. That said, H/K's tend to gravitate to the warm side so I would think you'd be OK. The easiest way to find out is to hook them up and listen for awhile. If you become fatigued because the treble is boring a hole in your head, you know it's a mismatch :).

Forte II's are great speakers. I'd take those over the rb's any day of the week.

Hope this helps.

dandre47
09-22-2007, 06:54 PM
i'm thinking about getting a refurb NAD c720 BEE and returning the H/K... although the NAD is rated 50 wpc and the h/k is rated 120, but i'm not sure that will be a problem considering the speakers and also that NAD from what i hear makes pretty quality stuff. any thoughts? and thanks for the replies so far by the way they are very helpful... I'm hoping to pick up the fortes this weekend if i can ever decide on an amp.

dan

Julianna
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Greets,

My mentor has the Klipsch Forte II loudspeakers and a quite ancient Pioneer SX-950 receiver. I must say, this combination produces quite excellent results! I recently for him purchased a Denon AVR-2807 receiver and accompanying systems. Again, the results are quite sweet when made through the Klipsch loudspeakers. These are 4 Ω.

I do not kow if this is helpful, hopefully it is some.

Julianna