I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long-awaited friend

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

I'm seeing Rush tonight. I can't wait. This is going to be a loooooooong day at work. For my listening enjoyment at work today, I have brought along a large assortment of Rush on both CD and iPod. Now spinning....Moving Pictures.

GMichael
09-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

Living in the limelight
The universal dream
For those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The underlying theme

Living in a fish eye lens
Caught in the camera eye
I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long-awaited friend

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

I'm seeing Rush tonight. I can't wait. This is going to be a loooooooong day at work. For my listening enjoyment at work today, I have brought along a large assortment of Rush on both CD and iPod. Now spinning....Moving Pictures.

Again? Geesh...

Moving Pictures is becoming my favorite lately.
I still haven't heard any of their new songs. Do they ever get air time?

ForeverAutumn
09-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Again? Geesh...

Moving Pictures is becoming my favorite lately.
I still haven't heard any of their new songs. Do they ever get air time?

The new album is very good. The best that they've put out in several albums IMO. Far Cry is the first single off it and it gets lots of airplay 'round these parts. But we're a very Rush friendly town. :smilewinkgrin:

Mr MidFi
09-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Enjoy yourself tonight, FA. And post up tomorrow to let us know what we missed!

Rich-n-Texas
09-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Does that assortment include my comp? :cryin:

Oh and, enjoy the show!

ForeverAutumn
09-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Does that assortment include my comp? :cryin:

Oh and, enjoy the show!

Hey Rich, unfortunately your comp has to be made when I have free time outside of work...and I don't have a lot of that right now. Please be patient. I promise that I'll get to it. But keep nagging me, it'll keep me from forgetting about it again.

NP - A Farewell to Kings :cornut:

bobsticks
09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Rawk on with the birdman, Fall Girl...

ForeverAutumn
09-20-2007, 08:31 AM
So, my Rush review…

Visually, the show was fantastic. Lots of well done and humorous videos which I’ve come to expect from Rush. Guest video appearances included Bob and Doug Mackenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas) and the kids from South Park. Great lighting, flash pots, lasers and even fireworks. The visual production was some of the best that I’ve seen for Rush. The set list was exactly what I’d found on-line.

Geddy joked about this tour being to promote their gazillionth album and that they had about 150 songs to get through, so they’d better get started.

The boys played brilliantly. If shredding a bass is possible, then Geddy was shredding.

Since we’ve seen Rush so many times, Hubby and I forfeited buying top priced tickets for the mid-price range. As a result, we ended up closer to the side of the stage and higher up than I would have liked. Visually, this worked out very well as we had a fantastic overhead view of Peart. Hubby is a drummer and he was in heaven being able to watch Peart from this angle. I have to admit that I, also, had a hard time looking away. He is such a great drummer and he performed what was THE best drum solo that I’ve ever seen. I have to say that, after last night, I had to admit to my husband that Peart is, indeed, a better drummer than Portnoy…an argument that has been ongoing in my house for several years.

The unfortunate thing about our seats was the sound. It was just not mixed to be heard beside the stage. First of all, it was very quiet. Quiet is not a word that I want to use after a rock concert. But it was. Secondly, the vocals sounded like they were coming out of a fishbowl, very muffled and hollow. Thirdly, there were times when all we could hear were the drums. It was like Geddy and Alex were playing air guitar. Fourth, whenever Geddy played the low end of the keyboard that was pretty much all we could hear. His left hand drowned out everything else (except the drums) and it vibrated through us like an earthquake.

I’m not a fan of the venue that they played in anyway…great for sports, bad for sound. But this is by far the worst sound that I’ve ever experienced there. We had similar seats there for Bowie…side stage, but a little lower…and didn’t have any sound issues that night.

I knew going into the show that we didn’t have prime seats, but those seats still cost us close to $200 for the pair. And really, based on the sound, they should have been the lowest price and not the middle. It’s too bad, because other than our unfortunate location, it was a killer concert.