sony flat panel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sony flat panel

chris1
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
ive got 1000. to spend on a lcd flat panel.i found a sony kdf-46e2000 for 888.00 on www.vanns.com .if someone is bored, or already knows i'd like your input. we have a very good receiver and surround sound,we just want a good pict:confused5: ure.we want it on the wall,either 42" or 44".im not good with specs,and i tried finding reviews.if someone looks at this model,i'd like your 2 cents,its worth 10 to me.thanks-chris

pixelthis
09-17-2007, 11:47 PM
ive got 1000. to spend on a lcd flat panel.i found a sony kdf-46e2000 for 888.00 on www.vanns.com .if someone is bored, or already knows i'd like your input. we have a very good receiver and surround sound,we just want a good pict:confused5: ure.we want it on the wall,either 42" or 44".im not good with specs,and i tried finding reviews.if someone looks at this model,i'd like your 2 cents,its worth 10 to me.thanks-chris
If you have 888 grab it, just remember you have to replace the bulb in a few years.
A great deal, BUT it isn't a wall model, however you can get a "lesser" brand
lcd wall model for around a grand.
Vizio and olevia, and westinghouse are all great brands.
Sony would be best but a 37 in is all you'll get for a grand.
But if you can live with a tabletop model 16 inches or so deep the 888$ sony is the way to go

chris1
09-18-2007, 06:00 AM
i didnt realize it wasnt a wall mountable. we must put in on the wall.thanks so much for pointing that out. also thanks for other brands.-chris

DEVO
09-18-2007, 06:10 AM
You can probably find a Panasonic TH42PX75U for close to what your wanting to spend, and it will look alot better than those entry level brands. Plus Panny has a great reputation...

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Televisions/Plasma-TVs/model.TH-42PX75U.S_11002_7000000000000005702

Good Luck!

Corto Maltese
09-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Get few more bucks and get Sharp Aquos LCD. I have one (27") for almost 4 years.
Picture quality: very good
Wall mount: Reciver is separate unit, wall mount is OK
Sound: No comment. There is no TV with sound good enough. I am using my as monitor - sound goes through Harman Kardon 5.1 rig with JBL speakers.
Remote Nice, easy, back-lit properly
Lots of inputs, newer models could have even more, not sure.
Bulb: 60, 000 hours (so they say...it is a LOT, even if it is half of that)
Having non-reflective screen is also one of the good things. Almost no glare, wherever you would put it.
Good value and quality for the money.
There is better TVs out there, but these are better in one thing at the time, ie.: - if picture is better, it is only temporary, as quality sucks.This one works for me.

PDN
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I just got in last week the Sony Bravia KDL32S3000, 32" LCD flat panel, wall mountable. I'm sure the larger sizes are also wall mountable. After getting it set up, adjusted just right, using an HDMI cable between it and the DVD player, etc, I am highly impressed. It can go up to 1080i or 720p resolution. Even viewing it at an angle is no problem and at times, actually better if sitting too close. I had the new Sharp Aquos 32" 1080p on order for over 6 weeks but I ran out of patience. As I went along and learned more, I realized there is no need really for 1080p resolution. The 32" sells for about $1K so if you want a 42", you'll probably have to settle for a different brand unless you can get the store to come down. Mine was actually free through Marriott Rewards points that I saved up for years but it does retail for about $1K. While I always felt that Sony TV products are overrated due to the name, I come to find out that it is a superior product line. I'm sure I would have been very happy with the Sharp Aquos as Corto Maltese is. Just my input.