Bur-ray movie swap [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bur-ray movie swap

Mr Peabody
09-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I have the movie Babel on Blu-ray. I watched it and although it was an interesting film, it's probably not one I'd watch over that many times. I thought I'd check to see if anyone might be in the same situation with another title and maybe we could swap. EMAIL me if interested.

PeruvianSkies
09-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Sorry, I wasn't a fan, but your post made me think of a cool idea....

Wouldn't it be cool if you could trade in your current DVD's for the same title on an HD format and get it for half price or something, like a trade-in program? That would certainly get me on the HD train even quicker, but I don't necessarily plan on getting rid of my entire DVD collection anytime soon, just like Laserdisc, there are still many key titles that are worth holding onto for one reason or another, like the TAXI DRIVER laserdisc that has commentary by Scorsese, whcih has NOT been available on any format since, also the color on the Criterion BRAM STOKERS DRACULA is still the best to date, the thicker sound on the SILENCE OF THE LAMBS LD is still superior to anything since, although I do have an import in DTS, which might be a good rival, but still.... There are still many DVD's that it will take a long time before an HD format runs circles around it, either for quality or extras or just availability.

Mr Peabody
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Have you heard the audio on a HD disc? If LD is that good I can't believe it didn't take off.

There are a lot of places that sell used movies and CD's that will take your stuff, not many of them give you a fair shake though.