denon and my satellite [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : denon and my satellite

chris1
09-14-2007, 07:01 PM
ok another newbie question. i just purchased a denon avr-1707. will i have any trouble hooking up my satellite thru it.thanks to luvin da blues, i got a sweet intermediate set of speakers to help out. i got a set of infinity tss-450 for surrounding my den. i just wasnt sure if "dish network" would hook up thru the new receiver.thanks-chris

Mr Peabody
09-14-2007, 08:57 PM
You shouldn't have any problem, especially if you have a newer satelite receiver. Use the Toslink (optical) digital audio output from the satelite receiver to your Denon. Unless your satelite receiver is HD you will find a lack of 5.1 content, unless they've improved on that in the last couple years.

I've got a Dishnet DVR that I'm not using with a UHF remote, you can use it from anywhere in the house. I went back to cable when they gave me a crazy deal. This unit has a digital audio out. Let me know if you can use it, I'd sell it cheap.

chris1
09-15-2007, 06:44 AM
thanks peabody.i also have a dual dvr myself.i was curious if someone will have to move my coax to the new place where we hang the flat screen.its about 10 ft away.-chris

Luvin Da Blues
09-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Chris1, I sent you an email. Could you have your 'lectric buddy reroute your cable line while he's relocating your power outlet?

Luvin Da Blues
09-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Chris1, here a good thread originally posted by Smokey to help with all your connections

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=7028

Cheers,

LDB

Mr Peabody
09-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I was about to ask if he actually meant coax. No one wanting good video would actually use coax to the TV.

chris1
09-15-2007, 07:03 PM
i just didnt write what i was thinking.all this info is still sinking in.you guys are teaching me lots, fast too! thanks as always-chris

Luvin Da Blues
09-16-2007, 05:07 AM
i just didnt write what i was thinking.all this info is still sinking in.you guys are teaching me lots, fast too! thanks as always-chris

Your very welcome, make sure to stick around this site. Some good information and can be entertaining at times also. Keep us updated when you get the system up and running.

Ya'll come back now ya hear.

:16: