Do You Own A Britney Record? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do You Own A Britney Record?

SlumpBuster
09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
With a couple threads posted in different forums already, I thought a show of hands might be in order. I'll start.

I have them all, and I've seen her live. And just so I don't completely destroy what little credibility I may have remaining, my last CD purchas (this Tuesday) was Spoon - GaGaGaGa. So I'm not a complete basket case.

musicman1999
09-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I only voted no because never was not an option.

bill

Luvin Da Blues
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm with musicman1999 on this one.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 07:25 PM
There'll always be a Britney Spears. Sure, there's a place in the world of pop music for her and her ilk. Watching Spears tailspin out of control won't deter that.

My problem with Spears and Aguilera and the like is that they were originally targeting the tweeny bopper market, and two albums later, they're expressing their sexuallity, still marketed squarely in the early to mid-teen bracket. Avril Lavigne is the same way. Here these women are being used by rec execs to squeeze that last penny of weekly allowance money from the tweeners and they're all in their mid 20s, pandering to little girls.

I wouldn't crap on a Spears CD (it would be redundant anyway).

Troy
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I own one.

I bought it to use as reference when I worked on some BS toys 6 or 7 (?) years ago. Client paid for it. I never played it and when I brought it to the used store the clerk looked me straight in the eye and laughed at me.

I don't know where it is, I think I may have thrown it away.

PeruvianSkies
09-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Never liked her, never will. Both her music and her never really appealed to me, even her looks were never that intriguing and look at her now....crab snatch city. Yicky poo.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Never liked her, never will. Both her music and her never really appealed to me, even her looks were never that intriguing and look at her now....crab snatch city. Yicky poo.

You must be one of those crank callers for Howard Stern

Mike
09-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Spoon and a Britney fan that's just plain weird

Cheers
Mike

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2007, 05:20 AM
With a couple threads posted in different forums already, I thought a show of hands might be in order. I'll start.

I have them all, and I've seen her live. And just so I don't completely destroy what little credibility I may have remaining, my last CD purchas (this Tuesday) was Spoon - GaGaGaGa. So I'm not a complete basket case.

Huh. From your other posts, I never would have pegged you as being a 14-yr-old girl.

:lol: I joke!

I don't own any Brittney albums, nor would I ever (even back when I was 14). But I have considered picking up Avril's first two disks...haven't made the leap yet though, my husband keeps talking me out of them.

That Spoon CD is excellent. Listen to the 2nd track on headphones. It's beautifully layered.

kexodusc
09-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Actually I have one on the shelf...whatever her debut album was. Don't remember how I got it...but I know it's still there. It may have been one of those flea market type deals where I had to buy 20 discs to get the 4 or 5 I wanted. I don't recall ever listening to it.

Musically, I've heard far worse in the shrink-wrapped pop genre, she just seems so generic to me. it's her non-musical adventures that rub me the wrong way...I can't blame her for the bad parts of the music industry. She's just the result of those.

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Musically, I've heard far worse in the shrink-wrapped pop genre, she just seems so generic to me. it's her non-musical adventures that rub me the wrong way...I can't blame her for the bad parts of the music industry. She's just the result of those.

Actually, that's a good point. I'd listen to Brittany over Rihanna anyday.

DEVO
09-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Here is a video of me w/ all of my cd's...:ihih:

http://break.com/index/the-last-britney-spears-fan.html

JUST KIDDING!

Luvin Da Blues
09-14-2007, 06:33 AM

JUST KIDDING!

That's just down right creepy.:nonod:

Pat D
09-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Britney WHO?:nonod:

3-LockBox
09-14-2007, 07:19 AM

JUST KIDDING!

That is the same dude in the "leave Britney alone!" YouTube vid. I was kinda hoping his video was a put-on, but maybe this guy's face is going to show up on the nightly news soon.

I wished he'd taken the dental dam out of his mouth before trying to speak though.

bobsticks
09-14-2007, 04:16 PM
No, but I currently and have in the past owned worse.