I need help identifying these Pink Floyd covers! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need help identifying these Pink Floyd covers!

Snowbunny
02-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Who doesn't like Pink Floyd, eh? Can anyone tell me what album the first and last covers in the picture are from? Sorry, but I had to split the picture in two!

Snowie

I'm surprised at how many young uns relate to Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Snowbunny
02-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Here's the right side of the Pink Floyd covers.

mad rhetorik
02-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Who doesn't like Pink Floyd, eh? Can anyone tell me what album the first and last covers in the picture are from? Sorry, but I had to split the picture in two!

Snowie

I'm surprised at how many young uns relate to Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

The first cover (the cow) is that of <b>Atom Heart Mother</b>. The last cover (the factory) is <b>Animals</b>.

The latter is my favorite Pink Floyd album.

Slosh
02-26-2004, 12:33 AM
...or the gatefold. Top pic right is literally The Dark Side Of The Moon.

Slosh - cover insert

Ex Lion Tamer
02-26-2004, 06:07 AM
I don't recognize the second picture. Can anybody help?

Forget it, I looked it up on AMG and apparently it's the new/current cover of "Relics" Does anybody remember the original Relics cover, the one I have on my vinyl issue?

Mark

Dusty Chalk
02-26-2004, 07:02 AM
You mean, this one:

http://pinkfloydhyperbase.dk/graphics/covers/relics.gif

...or do you mean this one:

http://www.e-profession.com/records/pink_floyd_relics.JPG

...? The latter is the one I consider the "proper" cover, since it was the only one I knew for the longest time. On the one hand, the four eyes kind of creep me out, but on the other, he kind of reminds me of Alfred E. Newman (?sp), so those two things kind of cancel each other out.

Did anyone notice there aren't any natural blondes in the series? I wonder why...I think I'll analyze it some more until I come up with a theory...be back in...oh, I don't know, 3 minutes...

Ex Lion Tamer
02-26-2004, 08:40 AM
That's the one! The A.E Newman cover that is. Yeah it always did kinda creep me out too. Not the most atractive cover art ever. Guess that explains the change to whatever that is on the woman's back. Neither new nor old is very good, actually. The album, on the other hand, is very good.

Mark

Davey
02-26-2004, 09:29 AM
If we're picking favorites, I'll go with the tall redhead.....anywhere. Long, curly, red hair, yummy http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Didn't some of the remastered CDs come with that back catalog poster a few years ago? I've never actually seen it in person except at the store on the LP box set from the mid 90s? Where'd you get the high rez pictures? Wish you were here. I mean, that's my favorite ;)

Snowbunny
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
The first cover (the cow) is that of <b>Atom Heart Mother</b>. The last cover (the factory) is <b>Animals</b>.

The latter is my favorite Pink Floyd album.

Thanks Rhet!

Man, I thought I knew more about Pink Floyd. I was shocked to see how many albums they have recorded that I have never even heard of! And that their first album was in 1967! Wow, I always thought they were a mid-seventies band. And since they didn't get radio airplay, like say, The Beatles, does that qualify them as an alternative band at that time?

Snowie

Snowbunny
02-26-2004, 10:07 AM
...or the gatefold. Top pic right is literally The Dark Side Of The Moon.

Slosh - cover insert

Hehehe... now I get it you dirty, dirty boy! :eek: