Maybe its time we cut Britney Spears some slack [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its time we cut Britney Spears some slack

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
or this dude will show up on your doorstep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWTrOjb15fY

Luvin Da Blues
09-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I thinks that's a girl..anywho, she has a valid point...that nobody cares

bobsticks
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
You been readin SOHH again?

I swear I had that one saved for a special occasion--classic degeneration American style. Here's a few more to fuel the fire:

http://bricksandstonesgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/14765604sdolinar9122007112836am.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BP4RG4htypg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=icRUMHStWtM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cY_QDvS1amY

basite
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
no, it's a man, and he needs a life...

... he desperately needs a life...
he's sick :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 10:19 AM
What Is This Society Coming To!!!

GMichael
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Lots of people put on a few pounds as time goes on, especially after having a couple kids. But, I don't think it's a great idea for them to strut around stage in their underwear. As far as her performance? I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe she was sick. But it's time for her to put some clothes on. She's not attractive with those extra pounds.

Davey
09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
She's not attractive with those extra pounds.

Yikes, that makes like about 99% of the female population unattractive to you????? I mean, I find her kind of unattractive because of the obviously fake boobs, and the drugged out eyes, and the below normal intelligence, but not because she has a womanly body with some curves in the right places. But sure, a few years ago she was some serious eye candy.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
As far as her performance? I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe she was sick. But it's time for her to put some clothes on. She's not attractive with those extra pounds.

Nothin shocking here, her performance was just a notch below where it usually is. It still had all the elements of a Britney Spears performance. Let's see: lip-syncing...check; predictable, hackish choreography...check; tacky appearance...check; over processed vocals...check. Its just that now its trendy to cut her down, rather than uber hype her. Remember, the entertainment media were the ones pushing Britney as the next Madonna, based on what? Talent? No. She was a pretty blond with a great (if not surgically enhanced) body. She never could sing or dance very well anyway, so the media doesn't deserve any credit for telling us now what we already knew.

It's ironic actually, that this happened just weeks after Elvis's death anniversary. Like Elvis, Britney, also a rube and a hick, surrounds herself with yes-men and flunkies - people who wouldn't dare attempt to give her sound advise, because if they 'wise her up', she might begin to realize how many leeches she has attached to her. Its the reason why no one ever told Elvis he couldn't consume pharmasuticals like they were pez. You'd think Elvis would be an object lesson for a fellow southerner like Spears, but no, she's gone down that same path, only faster. At least she has time to go back to Louisianna and take up housekeeping, where ten years from now we might find her volunteering in her kids' school, rather than slumped over a toilet in a red, crushed velvet bathroom.

Let's face it, MTV prolly knew she was going to bomb and let her flounder, cuz its the thing to do in pop culture. MTV puts on all those 'I Love the '80s' specials and pokes fun of the very culture they helped perpetuate, like they're soooo much better than that now. They couldn't get enough Micheal Jackson back in the day, but now they mock him and his fans, as if it were someone else that had kept him propt up all those years. MTV prolly shoulda done Spears a favor and cut that performance, but they rellished it. The entertainment media had to sit by and watch the tabloids pull train after train on her for the last few years and they wanted their turn. Hell, they're going so far as to call her fat, using terms like lard and tubby - just what a teenage girl should read and hear, that someone who looks like Spears after two kids is a fatass. Maybe the same clowns will follow up their reports on Spears' obesity with an expose on teenage bulemia. Lisenced idiots.

Ahhh...pop culture.

GMichael
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Yikes, that makes like about 99% of the female population unattractive to you????? I mean, I find her kind of unattractive because of the obviously fake boobs, and the drugged out eyes, and the below normal intelligence, but not because she has a womanly body with some curves in the right places. But sure, a few years ago she was some serious eye candy.

But those 99% don't run (ok, she was helped up) up on stage in their underwear to shake their stuff for cash.

Davey
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
But those 99% don't run (ok, she was helped up) up on stage in their underwear to shake their stuff for cash.

OK, now it's making more sense, you don't like women in their underwear either :)

Your post, spin it however you like, but surely you understand that's different than what you said, saying she's unattractive because of a few extra pounds, which only gives her a more "normal" body in my view.

GMichael
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
OK, now it's making more sense, you don't like women in their underwear either :)

Your post, spin it however you like, but surely you understand that's different than what you said, saying she's unattractive because of a few extra pounds, which only gives her a more "normal" body in my view.

Sorry, didn't mean to spin anything. Just explaining what I meant.

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Lots of people put on a few pounds as time goes on, especially after having a couple kids. But, I don't think it's a great idea for them to strut around stage in their underwear. As far as her performance? I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe she was sick. But it's time for her to put some clothes on. She's not attractive with those extra pounds.

I, for one, thought that she looked pretty damn good for someone who's had two kids. Hell, she looked good for someone who hasn't had two kids.

So she's not the hard body that she once was. She's hardly "let herself go". Her performance may have sucked (how is that any different from the past?), but for god's sake SHE'S NOT FAT!

No wonder these young actresses end up drug and/or alcohol addicts. Sh!t, I'd spend my days getting stoned too if I had to live with that kind of pressure.

The media should just back off. I'd like to see any one of her critics in a bikini (those in glass houses...). The guy in the you tube video is a freak, but I (sadly) understand where's he's coming from.

Most women I know would love to have her body. And damn straight I'd wear a bikini if I did!

dean_martin
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
It's ironic actually, that this happened just weeks after Elvis's death anniversary. Like Elvis, Britney, also a rube and a hick, surrounds herself with yes-men and flunkies - people who wouldn't dare attempt to give her sound advise, because if they 'wise her up', she might begin to realize how many leeches she has attached to her. Its the reason why no one ever told Elvis he couldn't consume pharmasuticals like they were pez. You'd think Elvis would be an object lesson for a fellow southerner like Spears, but no, she's gone down that same path, only faster. At least she has time to go back to Louisianna and take up housekeeping, where ten years from now we might find her volunteering in her kids' school, rather than slumped over a toilet in a red, crushed velvet bathroom.

You just had to go and drag the King into this. Different times (when Elvis was growing up more doctors preferred Camels than any other brand), different circumstances and different talent levels. "Rubes and hicks", as you refer to southerners, didn't invent the pop/rock star death-by-overdose phenomenon. Don't lay that at the King's feet, son.

Davey
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry

???

Just goofing around on a music board on a slow thursday, listening to some Three Mile Pilot before work, trying to reduce my reputation points, ya know. Gotta leave soon. Not sure who that's for, but not owed me.

:crazy:

GMichael
09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I, for one, thought that she looked pretty damn good for someone who's had two kids. Hell, she looked good for someone who hasn't had two kids.

So she's not the hard body that she once was. She's hardly "let herself go". Her performance may have sucked (how is that any different from the past?), but for god's sake SHE'S NOT FAT!

No wonder these young actresses end up drug and/or alcohol addicts. ****, I'd spend my days getting stoned too if I had to live with that kind of pressure.

The media should just back off. I'd like to see any one of her critics in a bikini (those in glass houses...). The guy in the you tube video is a freak, but I (sadly) understand where's he's coming from.

Most women I know would love to have her body. And damn straight I'd wear a bikini if I did!

All I'm asking is that she keep her cloths on. Otherwise, I'm going on stage in my underwear too.

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
All I'm asking is that she keep her cloths on. Otherwise, I'm going on stage in my underwear too.

Hey, you do what you gotta do. I'm okay with that. Live and let live baby.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
So she's not the hard body that she once was. She's hardly "let herself go". Her performance may have sucked (how is that any different from the past?), but for god's sake SHE'S NOT FAT!!

Exactly. She looked bad because she was woefully prepared to perform on national TV, not because she didn't have six-pack abs. You know that was a 'disinterested' male observation, as seen throught a doughnut.

Its just like David Spade said on SNL a decade ago, "Fashion experts should stick to what they know, telling us which guys are good looking and let heterosexuals pick out the women."

GMichael
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey, you do what you gotta do. I'm okay with that. Live and let live baby.

Thanks, but how many people do you think would pay to see it?

As far as an average person goes, she's not fat. But when she's up on stage looking to get people to pay to see her, then she needs to have a little something more than the average person. If a woman on the beach had her body, I wouldn't have anything to say about her in a bikini. Might even take a long look. Ask me to pay to see it? Now I've got issues. (OK, so I have issues either way. But they have nothing to do with Brit)

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks, but how many people do you think would pay to see it?

As far as an average person goes, she's not fat. But when she's up on stage looking to get people to pay to see her, then she needs to have a little something more than the average person. If a woman on the beach had her body, I wouldn't have anything to say about her in a bikini. Might even take a long look. Ask me to pay to see it? Now I've got issues. (OK, so I have issues either way. But they have nothing to do with Brit)

I don't buy that argument. No-one has asked you to pay to see anything. No-one paid to see the MTV Awards. And if anyone did, they didn't pay just to see Britney. If she had performed that way in a concert setting where fans had paid to see her then they should all get their money back. But they should get refunds because of the lacklustre performance that she put on, not because she's gained a few pounds.

If you want to pay to see half naked women, go to a strip club, not a concert.

GMichael
09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't buy that argument. No-one has asked you to pay to see anything. No-one paid to see the MTV Awards. And if anyone did, they didn't pay just to see Britney. If she had performed that way in a concert setting where fans had paid to see her then they should all get their money back. But they should get refunds because of the lacklustre performance that she put on, not because she's gained a few pounds.

If you want to pay to see half naked women, go to a strip club, not a concert.

If she had any talent to pay for then I'd buy what you're saying. Her looks were all she had.
If she doesn't want to be judged on her looks, then she should keep her cloths on.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
You just had to go and drag the King into this. Different times (when Elvis was growing up more doctors preferred Camels than any other brand), different circumstances and different talent levels. "Rubes and hicks", as you refer to southerners, didn't invent the pop/rock star death-by-overdose phenomenon. Don't lay that at the King's feet, son.

Well,I did use the terms hicks and rubes, but I never applied those terms to southerners as a whole. But I don't back off the Elvis thing one bit. I'm from west Tennessee, so I get to rank on Elvis all I want.

Elvis should be an object lesson, more so than the Bonhams, Hendrixes, Morrisons, Cobains, Joplins, et el because he had a much longer career than they did, and lived to be nearly twice as old as they were when they punched out, meaning he shoulda been wiser. But Elvis was loyal and generous to a fault, putting friends and relatives on his payroll, who in turn aided and abetted his demise, becoming co-dependent on the drug induced stupor that allowed them to exist.

Britney is by most accounts, a well meaning, generous person, meaning she's a cash cow for a number of people, thus the Elvis correlation. She's too immature to be a mom, which doesn't make her a criminal...but driving down the freeway with an infant in her lap...oh yeah, she's a hick and a rube, too, albeit still rather nice looking (NOT fat).

dean_martin
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Well,I did use the terms hicks and rubes, but I never applied those terms to southerners as a whole. But I don't back off the Elvis thing one bit. I'm from west Tennessee, so I get to rank on Elvis all I want.

Elvis should be an object lesson, more so than the Bonhams, Hendrixes, Morrisons, Cobains, Joplins, et el because he had a much longer career than they did, and lived to be nearly twice as old as they were when they punched out, meaning he shoulda been wiser. But Elvis was loyal and generous to a fault, putting friends and relatives on his payroll, who in turn aided and abetted his demise, becoming co-dependent on the drug induced stupor that allowed them to exist.

Britney is by most accounts, a well meaning, generous person, meaning she's a cash cow for a number of people, thus the Elvis correlation. She's too immature to be a mom, which doesn't make her a criminal...but driving down the freeway with an infant in her lap...oh yeah, she's a hick and a rube, too, albeit still rather nice looking (NOT fat).

yeah, well me and my dog was ridin' round in my pickup truck listenin' to "in the ghetto" when i read your ELVIS comments on the inner net (yeah, my Ford F-150 gets wi-fi when i drive by the local feed-n-seed). i 'bout near run off the road. i thought i was gonna have to track me down a citified sissy boy comparin' britnee spears to ELVIS. didn't knowed you was from west-Tenn. next time you see ELVIS tell him we still love the KING. keep on rockin', hillbilly.

3-LockBox
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah, well me and my dog was ridin' round in my pickup truck listenin' to "in the ghetto" when i read your ELVIS comments on the inner net (yeah, my Ford F-150 gets wi-fi when i drive by the local feed-n-seed). i 'bout near run off the road. i thought i was gonna have to track me down a citified sissy boy comparin' britnee spears to ELVIS. didn't knowed you was from west-Tenn. next time you see ELVIS tell him we still love the KING. keep on rockin', hillbilly.

GO VOLS!

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2007, 01:55 PM
If she had any talent to pay for then I'd buy what you're saying. Her looks were all she had. If she doesn't want to be judged on her looks, then she should keep her cloths on.

I agree with you. However, that's a subjective statement. The fact is that she sold millions of CDs. Lot's of people like her music. I will agree that her looks are part of the whole package and it was the whole package that was being sold.

However, what you said was...

As far as her performance? I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe she was sick. But it's time for her to put some clothes on. She's not attractive with those extra pounds.

You're willing to forgive her terrible performance but not her weight gain. That's the comment that I find offensive.

Look Mike, you and I are friends and I'm only partially busting your chops here. I do find the media's take on her appearance offensive. And you appear to agree with them. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I have issues with the way that the media forces their perception of perfection down our throats and we let them influence our definition of beauty. Somewhere in the not-so-deep archives of RR, there is a thread where I blasted Tex for a similar comment regarding Nancy Wilson. So Britney gained a few pounds. So what? Is a slightly heavier Britney Spears so offensive to society? Does it really warrant front page news? If so, then it's society who has the problem, not Britney, IMPO.

dean_martin
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
GO VOLS!

ROLL TIDE!

(uh...i hadn't learned to use color on this here inner net yet or i would have made my roll tide crimpsom.)

bobsticks
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Howsabout in the meantime, Fall-Girl and GM, we agree that her recent behavior combined with her completely horrible performance leaves her deserving of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HSBZVFxF6o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjjb%2Eyuku%2Ecom%2Ftopic%2F14142 7%2Ft%2F%2DOMG%2DBRITNEY%2Don%2DTYRA%2Dnext%2Dweek %2DVideo%2DPreview%2DInside%2D%2Ehtml

GMichael
09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree with you. However, that's a subjective statement. The fact is that she sold millions of CDs. Lot's of people like her music. I will agree that her looks are part of the whole package and it was the whole package that was being sold.

However, what you said was...

You're willing to forgive her terrible performance but not her weight gain. That's the comment that I find offensive.

Look Mike, you and I are friends and I'm only partially busting your chops here. I do find the media's take on her appearance offensive. And you appear to agree with them. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I have issues with the way that the media forces their perception of perfection down our throats and we let them influence our definition of beauty. Somewhere in the not-so-deep archives of RR, there is a thread where I blasted Tex for a similar comment regarding Nancy Wilson. So Britney gained a few pounds. So what? Is a slightly heavier Britney Spears so offensive to society? Does it really warrant front page news? If so, then it's society who has the problem, not Britney, IMPO.

Her performance only took a few minutes. Anyone can have a bad day. That's why I say that I'd give her the the benifit of the doubt for that.
As far as her putting on pounds? I have no trouble with that. But I don't think she should be in her underwear unless she's got a little someing extra going on. What I saw didn't look like anything extra. Still, nothing wrong with that. Just have her put some cloths on.

I never agree with the media, and sure don't now either.

Any singer can put on all the weight they want. I don't have a problem with that. But why strip down to show it off?

Put her in a nice dress or other clothing that shows off her best parts but hides her not so great parts. That's entertianment 101.

Troy
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
This thread is funnier than that video.

I guess I need to see that video of BS to see what all the fuss is about, but dang man, do I have to? Who gives a crap?

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZF8D5qyi_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZF8D5qyi_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>
This kicks Brittany's lardy A$$

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Rock on man! :3:
But I didn't see the part where the fat lady sings. :confused5:

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Her performance only took a few minutes. Anyone can have a bad day. That's why I say that I'd give her the the benifit of the doubt for that.
As far as her putting on pounds? I have no trouble with that. But I don't think she should be in her underwear unless she's got a little someing extra going on. What I saw didn't look like anything extra. Still, nothing wrong with that. Just have her put some cloths on.

I never agree with the media, and sure don't now either.

Any singer can put on all the weight they want. I don't have a problem with that. But why strip down to show it off?

Put her in a nice dress or other clothing that shows off her best parts but hides her not so great parts. That's entertianment 101.

I guess even appearance is subjective. I didn't think that she looked that bad.

basite
09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
This thread is funnier than that video.

I guess I need to see that video of BS to see what all the fuss is about, but dang man, do I have to? Who gives a crap?

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZF8D5qyi_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZF8D5qyi_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>
This kicks Brittany's lardy A$$

who are they? me likey :)

3-LockBox
09-14-2007, 06:52 AM
I didn't think that she looked that bad.

me either

Troy
09-14-2007, 07:01 AM
who are they? me likey :)

The band is Estradasphere. They are an offshoot of Mr. Bungle and The Secret Chiefs 3. If you like this lo-fi vid you really need to get your hands on their all instrumental album called "Palace of Mirrors." It will be somewhere near the top of my best of 2007 list.

RoyY51
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
My wife and I have been married for 29 years and we've always enjoyed good food. From where I sit, Brittany is still a few pounds UNDERweight. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

The softer the cushion...

Rich-n-Texas
04-28-2008, 06:47 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Spam. :rolleyes:

jasn
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I saw the exact same message on another site.

Rich-n-Texas
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
There're some real f***ing losers in this world, ya know?

bobsticks
04-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Hey Rich,

Thanks for the pm and, yes, I was able to find the video you requested. I'm not sure why you wanted me to post it since Britney is no where to be found it in it but here goes...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_jGgZ35W5s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_jGgZ35W5s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

hehehe, let the chaos begin

Pat D
04-30-2008, 07:46 AM
I've given Britney slack during her entire career!