Hey blues-rock fans...Got Mule? I do! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey blues-rock fans...Got Mule? I do!

kexodusc
09-12-2007, 04:58 AM
A few of you know I moved to a small town in a small province in Canada a few years back. It's a quaint little place that both my wife and I found good work in. Other than hockey there's not much here, except once a year, in September an awesome little music festival takes the town of 60K or so by storm. It's a Jazz/Blues Festival in the most unlikely of places that really kicks some serious ass.

I'm happy to be one of the organizers for this event...last year G. E. Smith stole the show, this year we landed, among others, Gov't Mule, who are quite possibly my second favorite band period in the world today. Tomorrow night after 4 long years I'm finally going to see them again.

Man I'm lookin' forward to this lineup, including Dr. John, Arturo Sandoval, Molly Johnson, Lil' Brian, Watermelon Slim, etc...lots of good blues/jazz stuff.
http://harvestjazzandblues.com/performers1.html
I've only met 1 ar.com-er from the region, but if anyone's out my way or by chance going to this I'd love to buy you a beer...

Best part is I'm gonna meet Warren Haynes and Mule! :6:

Now, who wants to touch me?

Luvin Da Blues
09-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Pretty cool Kex. Great line up...Dr. John will be a treat too. Be sure to give us a review after the hangover.

kexodusc
09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
No problems there...I'll also keep track of how many times "Little Wing", "I Got My Mojo Working" and "Pride and Joy" is covered....

bobsticks
09-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Fantastic lineup. I'd say more but I'm green with envy. :prrr:

musicman1999
09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
A few of you know I moved to a small town in a small province in Canada a few years back. It's a quaint little place that both my wife and I found good work in. Other than hockey there's not much here, except once a year, in September an awesome little music festival takes the town of 60K or so by storm. It's a Jazz/Blues Festival in the most unlikely of places that really kicks some serious ass.

I'm happy to be one of the organizers for this event...last year G. E. Smith stole the show, this year we landed, among others, Gov't Mule, who are quite possibly my second favorite band period in the world today. Tomorrow night after 4 long years I'm finally going to see them again.

Man I'm lookin' forward to this lineup, including Dr. John, Arturo Sandoval, Molly Johnson, Lil' Brian, Watermelon Slim, etc...lots of good blues/jazz stuff.
http://harvestjazzandblues.com/performers1.html
I've only met 1 ar.com-er from the region, but if anyone's out my way or by chance going to this I'd love to buy you a beer...

Best part is I'm gonna meet Warren Haynes and Mule! :6:

Now, who wants to touch me?

As i mentioned before enjoy the show,you will love the accoustic show.

enjoy

bill

Mr Peabody
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
We're not worthy!

I was at a Blues Fest many moons ago in Atlanta, there were bands like Little Feat and several Blues acts, other than maybe the Head liner, BB King, I thought Dr. John stole the show. He had exceptional sound quality, I could here every horn and Congo.

Luvin Da Blues
09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I thought Dr. John stole the show. He had exceptional sound quality, I could here every horn and Congo.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that has collaborated with more Blues "Greats" than Dr. John. Absolutely a treasure in the blues world.:thumbsup:

kexodusc
09-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Wow, some Dr. John fans...good stuff.
I've never seen him live, just a few videos of performances for Katrina relief shows. Definitely looking forward to that one.

The tape-room is setup for the Mule show...I'll see if I can't get a FLAC/mp3 copy for anyone that's interested...yeah, the Mule actually demanded the tape-room provision in their rider..how many artists can you say do that?