New Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Receiver

LMB
09-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I just got new Paradigm Studio 20's v4 currently running with Pioneer Elite 55txi
I've been thinking of replacing it with Rotel 1067, Arcam 350 or Denon new 4308
Or if its not broken why fix it

PDN
09-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm not familiar enough with the Pioneer Elite line but if you're not happy with it, you can't go wrong with a Rotel. I'm somewhat familiar with the line (I have the RCD-1072 CDP) and have auditioned several of their amps and receivers. In my opinion, overall Rotel is more "polite" sounding than say some others with more slam and punch. That's always been their sound. So it depends on what you listen to and how. Do you like a lot of loud punching rock N roll and blues or more subdued jazz and classical music? Rotel build quality is superb.

PeruvianSkies
09-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Here comes a reply from Pixelthis...I can see the future!

pixelthis
09-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I just got new Paradigm Studio 20's v4 currently running with Pioneer Elite 55txi
I've been thinking of replacing it with Rotel 1067, Arcam 350 or Denon new 4308
Or if its not broken why fix it
Rotel is a "value" line of high end gear, what I have heard sounds nice, and even though now made in CHINA (what isnt?) its still heads above whatever plastic stuff pioneer is turning out now, because its still designed in , england, I beleive:1:

PeruvianSkies
09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Dang I am good! I can see the future! Let's see: LCD wins, Blu-ray wins, O.J. kills again, Hillary becomes President. Wow, the future is looking dim.