New - Marantz CD6002 CD Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New - Marantz CD6002 CD Player

anamorphic96
09-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Looks like Marantz is releasing a new mid priced (5 to 600.00) CD player in Europe and Japan. I would imagine it will end up in the US in the near future.

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/hi-fi-and-audio/cd-players-and-recorders/news/marantz-1000-cd-technology-for-269?articleid=172449186

PDN
09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Good find. It's about time they had a single drawer CDP in between their entry level SA5001 for $329.00 and their SA8001 SACD unit for $999.00. The write up looks promising. I may consider this should it be released on the U.S. market. I don't see why they wouldn't. Thanks.

anamorphic96
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Here are some pictures I found online. The build quality looks pretty nice. The exterior looks pretty much like the CD5001.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20070823/mara2_02.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20070823/mara2_05.jpg

PeruvianSkies
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Looks nice. I haven't had much luck with Marantz, the few machines that I have tested our or tried over the years have always been quirky. It's probably just my bad luck.

Feanor
09-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Looks like Marantz is releasing a new mid priced (5 to 600.00) CD player in Europe and Japan. I would imagine it will end up in the US in the near future.

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/hi-fi-and-audio/cd-players-and-recorders/news/marantz-1000-cd-technology-for-269?articleid=172449186

I doubt I'll ever by another CD player. The Marantz SA8001 SACD would be my choice from their range. But pure CD, no.

Instead I'd be looking for a quality DAC to play either from my existing player or -- much more importantly -- from my computer.

But I'll concede that the Cambridge 840 CDP looks interesting. I got a rave review in The Absolute Sound last month, features 24/384 synchronous upsampling, balance operation & output, and it can be used as DAC for another source such as your computer. Unfortunately it doesn't USB input: a real oversight on Cambridge's part.

JohnMichael
09-10-2007, 08:00 AM
As a happy CD5001 owner I would be pleased if it is imported.

basite
09-10-2007, 08:13 AM
A CD5001 is based on high-buck gear too you know, it shares the same transport from an older marantz which was back then, priced way above £1000 (just FYI)
btw, just FYI too, a few weeks ago, I was at my hifi-dealer (again, I could live there :)) and compared the regular cd 5001 vs the OSE version (like mine). I can now honestly say I made the right decision spending a 100 euros more on a cd player :)...

however, if I were to upgrade my cd player again (which will most likely not happen the next years) I would aim at a rega, or something like that...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

PDN
09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Basite wrote "I could live there" referring to his hi-fi store. That is so damn true. Why are we like kids in a candy store? I went just yesterday to purchase a brand new Marantz DVD player and I didn't want to leave. All told since I built my system at this store one piece at a time (Feb '05 to present), I've probably spent 24 hours in this place. The time just flies by and I never want to leave. My sales person and I have a great working relationship and he is clearly one of the exceptions out there. But what is it about this hobby? Why do we love that pervasive smell of electronics so commonplace at hi-fi stores? Why do we love it so? And while on this topic, why aren't more women into this hobby? Why is it so dominated by males? Any women out there reading this? If so, give us your perspective on this. We know you love music. At concerts and live events, it seems to be 50-50. Why aren't more buying hi end hardware? But if not, back to my first point. Why do we love it so? I'm sitting here blasing some Elton John and loving it.

PDN
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Speaking of Marantz, I just purchased their budget DV3002 DVD player to upgrade from a cheapy Panasonic unit. I needed a new player which has 720p resolution for a new Sony Bravia LCD TV coming in. Well I got to tell you. I tried it out for just its audio performance playing various CD's and CD-R's through my Marantz AV Receiver Well, I got to tell you all that this thing sounds damn good for $219.00. I have it connected via a digial coaxial cable to the receiver. I am more than pleasantly surprised and impressed with its sound. It holds its own next to my Rotel RCD-1072 which sells for $700.00 !! Bottom end bass ext is no problem for this little guy yet with the detail and soundstage. Baffling !!!