New receiver for Klipsch bookshelf speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New receiver for Klipsch bookshelf speakers

ImagineNYR
09-05-2007, 05:52 AM
I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch SB-2 bookshelf speakers for my college apartment. I'm now looking to upgrade my Technics SA-411 to something suitable for the SB-2's. My main use is as a stereo receiver for my phonograph, cd player, and other audio inputs. Would Onkyo TX-8222 or Onkyo TX-8522 be good choices or any other suggestions? I don't want to spend much more than $200 unless it is simply a better idea to invest in something of higher quality. All suggestions are highly appreciated.

pixelthis
09-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch SB-2 bookshelf speakers for my college apartment. I'm now looking to upgrade my Technics SA-411 to something suitable for the SB-2's. My main use is as a stereo receiver for my phonograph, cd player, and other audio inputs. Would Onkyo TX-8222 or Onkyo TX-8522 be good choices or any other suggestions? I don't want to spend much more than $200 unless it is simply a better idea to invest in something of higher quality. All suggestions are highly appreciated.

Harmon and Nad make good stereo for the price, I have a freiend with a harmoin stereo
and he loves it. I borrowed it for awhile and it really sounded great.

Both have what they call "high current" amps and the ratings are relativly low, but they will put out some juice, should drive your Klipsch nicely

PDN
09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes, can't beat NAD two channel receivers. You'll pay a little more than $200.00 but it will be well worth it. Can you believe I still have one from the mid 80's (7240PE) and it works so well? It's not my main system but I use it occasionally in another room. It's driving a pair of B&W DM601 S3's like nobody's business !!!

pixelthis
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Yes, can't beat NAD two channel receivers. You'll pay a little more than $200.00 but it will be well worth it. Can you believe I still have one from the mid 80's (7240PE) and it works so well? It's not my main system but I use it occasionally in another room. It's driving a pair of B&W DM601 S3's like nobody's business !!!
I had a Nad cassette deck from about the same time so I beleive it. Thats before they started making their stuff in China.
And I think you're right about the 200$, my friends harmon was a B stock