Rammstein meets Evanescence [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rammstein meets Evanescence

Finch Platte
09-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Sirenia. (http://www.mortenveland.com/sirenia/)

If you want a sampler w/ Sirenia's My Mind's Eye, plus 4 other tracks from Echoes Of Eternity (http://www.echoesofeternity.net/), Therion and Mnemic, let me know. I have 2 extras.

fp

Mr Peabody
09-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll take one. You knew Sirenia was started by one of the main guys that was in Tristania? I've got one of their albums but I can't remember the name. I have two of Tristania. I love this style of Metal. I sadly have a Within Temptation, the music isn't all that bad, It's just somebody, the band, needs a new producer or engineer, or both. Production credit is given to the band, some one needs to give them some honest criticism, it isn't working.

bobsticks
09-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Bring it.

Finch Platte
09-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I'll take one. You knew Sirenia was started by one of the main guys that was in Tristania? I've got one of their albums but I can't remember the name. I have two of Tristania. I love this style of Metal. I sadly have a Within Temptation, the music isn't all that bad, It's just somebody, the band, needs a new producer or engineer, or both. Production credit is given to the band, some one needs to give them some honest criticism, it isn't working.

These guys sound pretty good, so they must have gotten your hints. :lol:

E me w/ your address at swagking at hotmail dot com. I wasn't able to get to the RR email they sent.

fp

Mr Peabody
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Within Temptation is another band in this genre. If you like Sirenia, you have to check out Tristania. Especially, the earlier albums. Also, give a listen to Nightwish's album Once. If you are just getting started with this genre, let me know, I will fix you up a return comp.

I saw a special on VH-1 about the origins of Metal. They touched on the Black Metal of Norway. I was surprised 90% of religion there is Lutheran and Black Metal sprung up from a rebellion the the governing religeous force. One band even went so far as to burn churches. Their leader was caught and done prison time for some of the crimes.

Finch Platte
09-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Bring it.

Lol- you kids and your lingo. Does this mean you'd like one? :confused5:

Finch Platte
09-05-2007, 05:23 AM
I will fix you up a return comp.

That would be way cool, thanks!

bobsticks
09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Lol- you kids and your lingo. Does this mean you'd like one? :confused5:

If it wouldn't be too inconvenient, please, sir...

Finch Platte
09-05-2007, 07:11 PM
If it wouldn't be too inconvenient, please, sir...

Too late, I already sent a copy to some latex homo dude named "Mark."

Sorry. :hand:

bobsticks
09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Too late, I already sent a copy to some latex homo dude named "Mark."

Sorry. :hand:

...always a latex homo bridesmaid and never a latex homo bride.

smartass.

bobsticks
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Nice work my pirate friend. Who knew you had a bit of the thrash in you? I've got some stuff that'll make your toes curl so be on the lookout.

I'm digging theTherion quite a lot.So much so I might have to search for more. The Echoes of Eternity was serious stuff as well. Solid prog metal guitar parts and I loved the sweep-picking arpeggios-from-hell. Could've benefited from some tube amps though.

Finch Platte
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Nice work my pirate friend. Who knew you had a bit of the thrash in you? I've got some stuff that'll make your toes curl so be on the lookout.

I'm digging theTherion quite a lot.So much so I might have to search for more. The Echoes of Eternity was serious stuff as well. Solid prog metal guitar parts and I loved the sweep-picking arpeggios-from-hell. Could've benefited from some tube amps though.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!

But I'm corn-fused.:confused5: What's this thrash you mention? I don't remember any of that being on that disc (I let a friend burrow my copy, so I can't reference). And don't be sending me no thrash, neither. :dita: I've got a low tolerance for it. Send me some prog, instead. :21:

fp

bobsticks
09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Well then riddle me this Mr. PickeyChoosie...too Cookie Monsterish? I gotta live dealio produced for a radio show that never happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk