OT: Fun With Edit [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fun With Edit

JDaniel
02-25-2004, 04:21 AM
I'm thinking it's time we utilize one of the new-fangled options we have here at the new site, and at the same time have a little fun. What is that option you ask? The Edit Feature.

Here's what I'm thinking. I start a post to really rile someone up, say Finchy. I'll post some derogatory generalizations about mountain-bikers, or drummers, or even better, mountain-biking drummer boys. Then FP gets all riled up and responds. Then, I go in, use the edit feature to entirely change the original message to something musical related, say we discuss the Los Lonely Boys cd.

Now, since you all are "in on this", you reply back with some intelligent comments about the Los Lonely Boys, and in the same response, ask FP just what the hell he's so wound up about, and what does it have to do with this thread anyway.;)

Kinda like the old MASH episode where BJ and Hawkeye keep changing the sizes of Winchester's clothes to make him think he's radically gaining and losing weight!:D

OK - you all are in. Watch for your opportunity.

JD

Swish
02-25-2004, 06:22 AM
I'm thinking it's time we utilize one of the new-fangled options we have here at the new site, and at the same time have a little fun. What is that option you ask? The Edit Feature.

Here's what I'm thinking. I start a post to really rile someone up, say Finchy. I'll post some derogatory generalizations about mountain-bikers, or drummers, or even better, mountain-biking drummer boys. Then FP gets all riled up and responds. Then, I go in, use the edit feature to entirely change the original message to something musical related, say we discuss the Los Lonely Boys cd.

Now, since you all are "in on this", you reply back with some intelligent comments about the Los Lonely Boys, and in the same response, ask FP just what the hell he's so wound up about, and what does it have to do with this thread anyway.;)

Kinda like the old MASH episode where BJ and Hawkeye keep changing the sizes of Winchester's clothes to make him think he's radically gaining and losing weight!:D

JD

I'm usually game for something new, but this sounds a little over-the-top. I think I'll take the "wait and see" approach before I jump in.

Good luck!
Swishy

Finch Platte
02-25-2004, 07:53 AM
I've heard of some crappy recommendations, but this one really takes the cake. If I lived near you, I'd come over to your house and kick your fat @ss.

What are you thinking? Do you think I'm so gullible as to fall for something like this?

I can't believe you'd post a scheme like this. There otta be a law. Someone should throw your @ss in jail- maybe you'd see YECH in there, and you 2 could trade being the b!tch.

fp

tentoze
02-25-2004, 09:24 AM
I've heard of some crappy recommendations, but this one really takes the cake. If I lived near you, I'd come over to your house and kick your fat @ss.

What are you thinking? Do you think I'm so gullible as to fall for something like this?

I can't believe you'd post a scheme like this. There otta be a law. Someone should throw your @ss in jail- maybe you'd see YECH in there, and you 2 could trade being the b!tch.

fp
Sooooooo....... does this mean you ain't gonna play?

;)

Dave_G
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
This is a music website, not a game website. Or is it merely a cornucopia of almalgamated inferences?

But of course, a little fun mixed with in some prog bashing is always great.

I many times want to slam ya'll wackos but I refrain.

One never knows when one might need a comp of 50,000.

So, out of all this, what is my point?

The point is that my Honda's interior noise level is too loud.

Dave

Jim Clark
02-25-2004, 10:46 AM

JD

Ah, problem! Should you go back and edit stuff out of an original post I'm pretty sure that it will remain in any posts in which you were quoted by others. Say you want to delete the evidence of your caper by eliminating your original post in this thread. Won't do any good since it's all contained in my post that you can't edit.

This actually came up on another board I go to occasionally. Some jerkwad was mouthing off making all sorts of outrageous claims and I called his bluff by making fun of his situation and called him out on a couple of points. He edited his post and then created a new one where he erupted and tried to turn it on me complete with all the names that get used by such types. It was hilarious since not only is there a visible record of his edit in his post, the original text remained in mine. Haven't seen him back there since, it was great. Well, maybe you had to be there!

jc

JDaniel
02-25-2004, 02:58 PM
You guys are too serious. It was just a funny post for FP. I didn't meant to actually follow through. Humor - that's what's lacking around here at times.

JD (and no Swish, I have less time on my hands than ever)

But I still stand by my mountain biking drummer comments.

Finch Platte
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
You guys are too serious. It was just a funny post for FP. I didn't meant to actually follow through. Humor - that's what's lacking around here at times.

JD (and no Swish, I have less time on my hands than ever)

But I still stand by my mountain biking drummer comments.

I posted exactly what you were talking about, and you didn't even rise to the occasion.

I've got a humor comp I'll send ya- seems like you could use it yourself :p

fp

Finch Platte
02-25-2004, 05:53 PM
You guys are too g@y. It was just a g@y post for FP, but I hear from his girlfriend he's alllll man. I didn't meant to actually follow through. G@yness - that's what's lacking around here at times.

JD (and no Swish, I have more time on my hands than ever- it helps at night when I hit the g@y bars)

But I still stand by my liking Royal Canadian Mounties.

Okayyyyy- not that there's anything wrong with it...

And how did my girlfriend get in touch with you? Wait- I don't wanna know.

fp