Anyone in the Atlanta area? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Atlanta area?

rob7
08-31-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm going to be in the Atlanta area in a few weeks. Didn't know if anyone was from the area or if anyone wanted to meet up for the hell of it. Or someone may have a suggestion of a cool place to check out while I'm in town. Let me know.

Rob

Mr Peabody
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I lived in Atlanta for a couple years. I don't club so I can't help you there. The Underground was pretty cool. The Coke Museum, near the Underground, is worth the price of admission. They let you have all the samples you can drink and there are several brands sold in other countries but not the U.S. Most are good and you wonder why they aren't sold here and others you wonder how they sell them at all. If you will be there a couple days, the climb up Stone Mountain is worth it, they also have a sky lift if you aren't energetic or don't have time.

kexodusc
09-01-2007, 03:23 AM
I lived in Mableton while I was going to school there - close enough - I'll second the Underground and Coke Museum.
You might like CNN too. I didn't see the big fuss, but discussing South Park with Larry King ranks among my favorite conversations ever.

For a great restaurant, check out the Sun Dial - a typical, revolving/top-of-the-town thing, but the view's great and the steak ain't bad.
If you see Michael Vick, kick him in the balls for me.

Steak-n-shake -if you haven't been before...ya gotta!

rob7
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll be there 9/17-9/20 for recruiting. I'm going with someone else who has been there several times, so I'm not exactly in the dark. But I do appreciate the suggestions.

And I will be on the lookout for Vick. Ha!

Anyone else with suggestions or a meet up? Let me know. Much appreciated.