Best Stevie Wonder Album... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Stevie Wonder Album...

PeruvianSkies
08-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Being a huge fan of Stevie Wonder I have a hard time figuring out which album I love the best, there are too many to pick from. Anyone have any thoughts??? State your opinions with support!!!

http://www.afterimagegallery.com/satterwhitewonder.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDZFf0pm0SE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDZFf0pm0SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

nobody
08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Can't believe not more love for Little Stevie Wonder.

Tough choice for me since I really like a few of the choices. In the end, went with Songs in the Key of Life, just 'cause I tend to be fond of the sprawl of it all...2LP, plus a 45 tossed in there for good measure and some amazing music.

Was really hard not to pick Innervisions or Talking Book. I'm a big fan of Hotter Than July too if only for Master Blaster.

Swish
08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Can't believe not more love for Little Stevie Wonder.

Tough choice for me since I really like a few of the choices. In the end, went with Songs in the Key of Life, just 'cause I tend to be fond of the sprawl of it all...2LP, plus a 45 tossed in there for good measure and some amazing music.

Was really hard not to pick Innervisions or Talking Book. I'm a big fan of Hotter Than July too if only for Master Blaster.

I don't really listen to him these days, but I don't listen to a ton of old stuff regardless of the artis, and his best stuff was done in the early 70s to early 80s. But he does deserve more attention here!

Swish

PeruvianSkies
08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know of any really good recordings of any of these classic albums? I have seen that some of them are 24-bit remasters...I have the Mofi disc of INNERVISIONS, which is good, but a newer "Greatest Hits" CD actually sounds a bit punchier, although the Gold Disc sounds warmer and I like that sometimes too.

JDaniel
08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm partial to Looking Back, a triple LP that I have 2 copies of. Didn't make the list above though.

JDaniel

jrhymeammo
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Stevie Wonder? I can;t remember the last time I listened to Stevie on CDs. On wax? Ah forget it Im not going there....

I think the Innevision is too obvious... and there are reasibs why dat is. Great Album!!

PeruvianSkies
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Stevie Wonder? I can;t remember the last time I listened to Stevie on CDs. On wax? Ah forget it Im not going there....

I think the Innevision is too obvious... and there are reasibs why dat is. Great Album!!

Between 1972 and 1976 the man was untouchable and was releasing one amazing album after another...INNERVISIONS could quite possibly be the most consistent from beginning to end, but that doesn't negate the strength of some of the other albums as well. I am a huge fan of INNERVISIONS and for me it was one of the first albums that really introduced me to the brutal honestly of the urban lifestyle...songs like LIVING FOR THE CITY just cries out with a wealth of emotion.

Rae
09-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I celebrate the guy's entire catalog.

~Rae

PeruvianSkies
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I celebrate the guy's entire catalog.

~Rae

Nothing wrong with that, even his worst songs are better than some artists best ones.

jonnyhambone
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Talking Book is hard to beat...that Clav! though I agree that Songs In the Key and InnerVisions are up there with the best of anything else released in the early/mid 70's.

btw, listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire's 'Shining Star' from Gratitude (1975) or a handfull of their other great releases from these days and you'll hear one of the only bands kickin' it out on a level anywhere near Stevie...

PeruvianSkies
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Talking Book is hard to beat...that Clav! though I agree that Songs In the Key and InnerVisions are up there with the best of anything else released in the early/mid 70's.

btw, listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire's 'Shining Star' from Gratitude (1975) or a handfull of their other great releases from these days and you'll hear one of the only bands kickin' it out on a level anywhere near Stevie...

No doubt...any one of these albums is hard to beat, I think INNERVISIONS is typically at the top of most lists because it is the most consistent throughout...just a masterpiece.