David Bowie singing Comfortably Numb [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie singing Comfortably Numb

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Am I in heaven? One of my favourite artists singing one of my favourite songs by another of my favourite artists.

Has anyone else heard this?

GMichael
08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm not sure that I'm ready for this kind of a change yet.

Mike
08-30-2007, 06:21 AM
I've not heard it, but heard about it http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/23186

But now you've gone and made me look for it on YouTube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hxHYmBlMV8U wished I hadn't bothered though there must be a better version kicking around than this. Mobile phones with crappy little cameras should be banned IMO.

Cheers
Mike

np Caribou - Andorra

audiobill
08-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Am I in heaven? One of my favourite artists singing one of my favourite songs by another of my favourite artists.

Has anyone else heard this?

Heard about it this past weekend. Is it supposed to be on the Live DVD/Cd of Gilmour's tour, that's being released this fall??? Not sure. Further details???

musicman1999
08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Bowie sings Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb on the new David Gilmour live dvd due out in September.

bill

3-LockBox
08-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Bowie sings Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb on the new David Gilmour live dvd due out in September.

bill

Actually, Bowie woulda made a nice Pink in the Wall movie. But that's gonna be wierd for me...we'll see. But as far as the Sid Barret stuff, I think I'd like to hear a Bowie spin on some of that stuff.

Mr MidFi
08-30-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm sure you've seen it before, but in case you haven't...
The youtube clip of Bowie singing "Wake Up" with The Arcade Fire is chock-full of awesome.

I'd linkify, but it's just so darn look-upable.

Davey
08-30-2007, 08:23 AM
np Caribou - Andorra

Hey, that's my CD! What gives? Weren't you a bit lukewarm on that guy? Can't remember for sure, although I do remember chrisnz and I sending out a bunch of mystery discs of "Up In Flames" for people to try and them not going over that great. But he and I both loved it, and I still do.

Oh yea forgot, Comfortably Numb, have to be comfortably baked to listen to that old radio ga ga again. Oh sorry, did I say that out loud?

PeruvianSkies
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Being a big fan of both Bowie and Pink Floyd (in all variations) it's strange that I never thought of the two crossing paths until now. Sometimes when you have two giants like these you never really think of them joining to form one mega-giant entity. Should be interesting...just like everything that Bowie gets involved with, even the stuff that isn't so great.