Classic TV Shows on sale at Bestbuy. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Classic TV Shows on sale at Bestbuy.

Smokey
08-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Bestbuy have Classic TV shows and Sitcoms on sale this week [only] for $14.99 per season. Picked up Gilligan's Island and Three's Company DVDs :)

Here is a peek of what is on sale:

Roseanne (all 8 seasons)
Gilligans Island (every 3 seasons)
Three's Company (all 8 seasons)
Reba (all 4 seasons)
Pretender (all 4 seasons)
F-Troop (first season)
Fresh Prince of Bellair (all 4 seasons)
Greatest American Hero (all 3 seasons)
21 Jump Street (all 4 seasons)
3rd Rock From the Sun (all 6 seasons)

For compele list of TV shows on sale.....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat129300050005&type=category&initialize=false&initialize=true&_requestid=120540

PeruvianSkies
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Bestbuy have Classic TV shows and Sitcoms on sale this week [only] for $14.99 per season. Picked up Gilligan's Island and Three's Company DVDs :)

Here is a peek of what is on sale:

Roseanne (all 8 seasons)
Gilligans Island (every 3 seasons)
Three's Company (all 8 seasons)
Reba (all 4 seasons)
Pretender (all 4 seasons)
F-Troop (first season)
Fresh Prince of Bellair (all 4 seasons).

For compele list of TV shows on DVD.....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat129300050005&type=category&initialize=false&initialize=true&_requestid=120540

Since when did REBA become classic TV????

Smokey
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Since when did REBA become classic TV????

That is what Bestbuy call their sale on those dvds this week :ciappa:

PeruvianSkies
08-29-2007, 08:19 PM
That is what Bestbuy call their sale on those dvds this week :ciappa:

They also hire sales people that try telling me Klipsch are the best speakers in the world.

Or to use the guys exact phrase: "Klipsch makes the best speakers money can buy." I aptly replied..."so where do you have the speakers money can't buy?"

Worf101
08-30-2007, 05:38 AM
They also hire sales people that try telling me Klipsch are the best speakers in the world.

Or to use the guys exact phrase: "Klipsch makes the best speakers money can buy." I aptly replied..."so where do you have the speakers money can't buy?"
They're not the 'best" but they damn sure ain't the worst either. I still use some KG1's in the kitchen and a C7 as my center channel. Better that than Bose.

Da Worfster

GMichael
08-30-2007, 05:52 AM

Don't those Sales-people know about Bose?

PeruvianSkies
08-30-2007, 06:24 AM
They're not the 'best" but they damn sure ain't the worst either. I still use some KG1's in the kitchen and a C7 as my center channel. Better that than Bose.

Da Worfster

Did I say that they are the worst? Nope. That's not the point of what I was saying. The point, since you didn't get it, is that they were trying to tell me that Klipsch are the best out there, which is not the case since the person telling me this had only a limited range of experience with speakers and was only trying to get me to buy what they carried, which wasn't even Klipsch's top-of-the-line. There is a whole world of high-end audio out there above and beyond Klipsch, but a $7/hour fella at BestBuy isn't going to be my source for that kind of information.

Rich-n-Texas
08-30-2007, 10:29 AM
"but a $7/hour fella at BestBuy..."

You're being too kind. How 'bout: snot-nosed, zit-faced little punk-a$$ teenager who tries to dominate me in a conversation he has minumum experience with but is instead only trying to make his commision so he can go buy some "cheese" to get high on...

BTW, I think using Bose to promote Kilpsh!tz' (can't say Klipsch to save my life) may not be such a good idea Worf. :biggrin5:

Rich-n-Texas
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh, the original topic...

I'd like to see the first five seasons of SNL show up on DVD in a boxed set. NBC had a special on those years the other night with some of the remaining cast of the "Not ready for primetime players" crew injecting their stories of the time, and it brought back fun memories. Segments of the special included partial tape of bands like The Greatful Dead, Stones and Patti Smith group performing (my eyes were glued to my marvelous DLP screen when she was performing "My Generation"... it was awesome).

PeruvianSkies
08-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh, the original topic...

I'd like to see the first five seasons of SNL show up on DVD in a boxed set. NBC had a special on those years the other night with some of the remaining cast of the "Not ready for primetime players" crew injecting their stories of the time, and it brought back fun memories. Segments of the special included partial tape of bands like The Greatful Dead, Stones and Patti Smith group performing (my eyes were glued to my marvelous DLP screen when she was performing "My Generation"... it was awesome).

Is it just me or do you find a way to somehow get Patti Smith into every post? lol.

Rich-n-Texas
08-30-2007, 11:33 AM
It's a subconscious fixation I guess.

If there already is a DVD boxed set of the first five seasons, I'd certainly pay the price of admission.

GMichael
08-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Can I get the complete set of The Monkeys?

Rich-n-Texas
08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Can I get the complete set of The Monkeys?
NO!!!

GMichael
08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
NO!!!

How about The Banana Splits?

Rich-n-Texas
08-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I remember that show. How 'bout Lancelot Link & the Evolution Revolution?

Worf101
08-31-2007, 05:03 AM
Did I say that they are the worst? Nope. That's not the point of what I was saying. The point, since you didn't get it, is that they were trying to tell me that Klipsch are the best out there, which is not the case since the person telling me this had only a limited range of experience with speakers and was only trying to get me to buy what they carried, which wasn't even Klipsch's top-of-the-line. There is a whole world of high-end audio out there above and beyond Klipsch, but a $7/hour fella at BestBuy isn't going to be my source for that kind of information.
Barrel of Laugh's kinda guy ain'tcha. Remind me NOT to wait on your table next time you're in the cafe. I GOT your point, I GET your point...

Da Worfster

PS, the 7 dollar an hour cretin at Best Buy is a sage of all knowledge compared to his cousin at Comp USA. Remind me to tell you how I got banned from the local store for knowing more than the sales kid.

Da Worfster

Smokey
08-31-2007, 06:20 PM

BB sale people are probably half right about Klipsch speakers. Klipsch might not be the best in the world, but it is the best speakers in BB stores :)

PeruvianSkies
08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Barrel of Laugh's kinda guy ain'tcha. Remind me NOT to wait on your table next time you're in the cafe. I GOT your point, I GET your point...

Da Worfster

I got the impression that you DIDN'T get the point, otherwise you wouldn't have lashed out like you did over something silly.