Big Brother anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother anyone?

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Since Lost isn't back on until next year, I need a new water-cooler TV discussion thread. Is anyone here watching Big Brother? Fess up. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I watch it faithfully...even caught two out of the three shows that were on while I was on vacation.

Let's discuss, shall we?

GMichael
08-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Since Lost isn't back on until next year, I need a new water-cooler TV discussion thread. Is anyone here watching Big Brother? Fess up. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I watch it faithfully...even caught two out of the three shows that were on while I was on vacation.

Let's discuss, shall we?

(steps up to mic)
My name is Michael. I do watch the latest Big Brother number 8. I had always thought that it was one of the dumbest shows on TV, and still do. But wifey loves it and I have been watching.

I have found myself hating almost every member on the show. ED is a blast though. He likes to hide behind the old "I'm only speaking the truth" statement that lets him be rude as he!! to everyone. Daniel seemed nice but is turning out to be a bit of a spoilled brat. Eric is a snake in the grass. Jameka hides behind being a religous person, but is just as spitefull as the rest. Amber is just a puddle of tears 24/7. Does she ever stop crying? Jessica is too easily played for a chump. And Eric is playing her like a cheap drum. Zach is an unknown to me. Is his anoying act just an act?
I hated Jen, Joe, Kail & Dustin. Didn't get to know Mike or Carol, although, I thought Carol was hot. I was unsure of Nick. At first I thought he was a jerk but now I'm not sure.

Your turn.

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
(steps up to mic)
My name is Michael. I do watch the latest Big Brother number 8. I had always thought that it was one of the dumbest shows on TV, and still do. But wifey loves it and I have been watching.

I have found myself hating almost every member on the show. ED is a blast though. He likes to hide behind the old "I'm only speaking the truth" statement that lets him be rude as he!! to everyone. Daniel seemed nice but is turning out to be a bit of a spoilled brat. Eric is a snake in the grass. Jameka hides behind being a religous person, but is just as spitefull as the rest. Amber is just a puddle of tears 24/7. Does she ever stop crying? Jessica is too easily played for a chump. And Eric is playing her like a cheap drum. Zach is an unknown to me. Is his anoying act just an act?
I hated Jen, Joe, Kail & Dustin. Didn't get to know Mike or Carol, although, I thought Carol was hot. I was unsure of Nick. At first I thought he was a jerk but now I'm not sure.

Your turn.

Yeah, ED is pretty funny. I'm glad that he didn't get voted off because he's the most interesting person in the house. I loved when he thought that he was getting the boot and just made everyone miserable. He's got quite the mean streak, I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. I agree with you about his daughter.

You didn't like Jen? I thought that her self-centredness was hilarious! How can you not love a girl who cries because she doesn't like the picture that they used; takes down a picture of her mother because she doesn't like the way she looks in it; is upset because another picture of her is a couple of years old (the birthday picture in the HOH room); and is the first person to break the rules by eating real food instead of slop. I can't wait to see her and Dustin together in the sequester house.

Jameka is a hypocritical moron who uses religion only when it suits her. Amber is a stupid cry-baby who is using religion to get closer to Jameka because she thinks J will protect her. She's too stupid to protect herself.

I think that Jessica is playing Eric as much as he's playing her. As for her little infatuation with him, it's all a game. She wouldn't give him the time of day in the real world.

Zach takes the term "flying under the radar" to a whole new level. Has there ever been anyone more invisible in the house?

I hated Kail from the beginning. "oh, I don't want anyone to know that I'm a multi-business owner and that half my town works for me". Get over yourself. Based on your performance in BB, I'd say that you are not the brains of the operation.

I liked Dustin at first, he seemed really sweet. I didn't like Joe, I thought that he was an ass. But then Dustin turned mean and I realized that Joe was totally right about him. Now I wish that Joe had stayed in the house longer.

My prediction is that Dick is going to win. I think that everyone will want to take him to the final two because they think that they'll be able to beat him in a vote. But in the end, the jury will vote for him to win because he was such a long shot from the beginning and they'll respect that.

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
God, I can't stand Amber.

"Eric is so selfish. Eric only looks out for himself". Well DUH! If she's not looking out for herself then she's even stupider than that wasted game show opportunity made her look. What a bunch of sour grapes. I'm going onto the CBS site to have Eric vote her stupid, crying ass out of there.

GMichael
08-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Jessica had the line of the night when Eric asked to kiss her. "It's about time."

GMichael
08-29-2007, 06:12 AM
God, I can't stand Amber.

"Eric is so selfish. Eric only looks out for himself". Well DUH! If she's not looking out for herself then she's even stupider than that wasted game show opportunity made her look. What a bunch of sour grapes. I'm going onto the CBS site to have Eric vote her stupid, crying ass out of there.

She is very annoying. Does she ever stop crying. I liked when Jameka was telling her that she should be a model. She was like, oh yeah, I know I have the face and the body for it. She must not have any mirrors in her world. No wonder she had to trick her boyfriend into staying with her.
Eric is a serious back stabber. What goes around, comes around. I hope that Jess sticks it to him next week.

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM
She is very annoying. Does she ever stop crying. I liked when Jameka was telling her that she should be a model. She was like, oh yeah, I know I have the face and the body for it. She must not have any mirrors in her world. No wonder she had to trick her boyfriend into staying with her.
Eric is a serious back stabber. What goes around, comes around. I hope that Jess sticks it to him next week.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I wonder if Jameka was serious? Amber is a piece of work. I think that she should go back to drugs. How would anyone even know the difference?

What makes you say that Eric is a back stabber? I don't see that. Other than having to vote out who the fans say, I thought that he'd been pretty honest up to now. Am I missing something?

GMichael
08-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah, that was pretty funny. I wonder if Jameka was serious? Amber is a piece of work. I think that she should go back to drugs. How would anyone even know the difference?

What makes you say that Eric is a back stabber? I don't see that. Other than having to vote out who the fans say, I thought that he'd been pretty honest up to now. Am I missing something?

He has been the mystery vote on several occasions. But when asked about it, he flat out lied.
Last night, he could have saved Zack. That would have filled his commitment to America while still letting Jess put up ED or Daniel. That's not what I wanted to happen, and I'm glad he didn't do it, but Jess has done everything he's asked her to. He knew that she wanted to put up ED or Daniel but he choose not to help her do that. He owes her one. As I've watched the show there have been many times that he said something that I knew was a lie (can't remember them now). He's no better than the rest of them. He just seems pleasant to everyone's face.
Not that the others are much better. I'm not sure why I watch a show when I seem to hate everyone on it.

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
He has been the mystery vote on several occasions. But when asked about it, he flat out lied.
Last night, he could have saved Zack. That would have filled his commitment to America while still letting Jess put up ED or Daniel. That's not what I wanted to happen, and I'm glad he didn't do it, but Jess has done everything he's asked her to. He knew that she wanted to put up ED or Daniel but he choose not to help her do that. He owes her one. As I've watched the show there have been many times that he said something that I knew was a lie (can't remember them now). He's no better than the rest of them. He just seems pleasant to everyone's face.
Not that the others are much better. I'm not sure why I watch a show when I seem to hate everyone on it.

It's because you hate everyone on it that makes it so much fun!

I disagree with you about Eric. He's voting the way America wants him to, not necessarily the way he wants to. Yes, he's been the mystery vote, but it wasn't his choice to vote against the house either time. His mystery vote cost Nick the game. But he can't tell anyone that he's the mystery vote or he'll get booted. The fact that he's been the mystery vote and the mystery vandalizer and hasn't been caught yet is, to me, a testament to how well he's playing the game. Not too many other people could have pulled that off and gotten away with it.

As for back-dooring Daniele, that would be a mistake. Dick would be out for blood. If he won the next HOH, either Eric or Jessica would be out next week. They wouldn't back door Dick. They want to be up against him in the final two. Besides, he's not as much of a threat. If Eric and Jes keep their word, I think that ED and Daniele will keep theirs and they'll be the final four. If anyone else in the house wins HOH, then that person will likely put up Dick or Daniele and they'll get voted out without Eric or Jes breaking their promise. The house should have voted out either ED or Daniele weeks ago. It's too late now.

You can't expect to play this game (or Survivor) and not lie or deceive. It's how well you can lie, deceive, and manipulate that will win or lose the game for you. It's all part of the fun. Who can lie and cover up their tracks the best?

GMichael
08-29-2007, 10:32 AM
It's because you hate everyone on it that makes it so much fun!

I disagree with you about Eric. He's voting the way America wants him to, not necessarily the way he wants to. Yes, he's been the mystery vote, but it wasn't his choice to vote against the house either time. His mystery vote cost Nick the game. But he can't tell anyone that he's the mystery vote or he'll get booted. The fact that he's been the mystery vote and the mystery vandalizer and hasn't been caught yet is, to me, a testament to how well he's playing the game. Not too many other people could have pulled that off and gotten away with it.

As for back-dooring Daniele, that would be a mistake. Dick would be out for blood. If he won the next HOH, either Eric or Jessica would be out next week. They wouldn't back door Dick. They want to be up against him in the final two. Besides, he's not as much of a threat. If Eric and Jes keep their word, I think that ED and Daniele will keep theirs and they'll be the final four. If anyone else in the house wins HOH, then that person will likely put up Dick or Daniele and they'll get voted out without Eric or Jes breaking their promise. The house should have voted out either ED or Daniele weeks ago. It's too late now.

You can't expect to play this game (or Survivor) and not lie or deceive. It's how well you can lie, deceive, and manipulate that will win or lose the game for you. It's all part of the fun. Who can lie and cover up their tracks the best?

I still wouldn't trust him with anything more than lunch money. It's been more than just the voting for me. I've caught him in as many lies as the rest of them. And he is only doing what America wants because he gets rewarded for each task he completes. I think if America asked him to do something against his best interest, he'd just not do it.

Daniel said last night that Jess has to go. If she or her father gets HOH, then we may see them going back on their word by putting Jess up. I like them, but they're not to be trusted.

It seems like this show is teaching that you need to lie and backstab to get ahead. (not that that's far from the truth unfortunately)

Oh, and as far as back-dooring Daniele goes, can I take a number?

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
You have to remember that you only get to see what the producers want you to see. They edit three days into one hour. Daniel says that Jess has to go, but how do you know that in her next sentence she doesn't say, "too bad we made an agreement with them".

The editing always leads you to believe that one thing will happen when its the opposite that actually does. Don't be so sure that Jess wasn't in agreement of Eric not using the Veto.

GMichael
08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
True, but I can only go by what I see. Please tell me that you are NOT one of those people who have the 24/7 live feed.
I did see somewhere that the editors have made ED seem much nicer than he really is and that Jen was not as bad as she seemed. Can you imagine ED being any meaner than he's already shown?

GMichael
08-29-2007, 06:21 PM
It looks like someone had a few things to say about Eric here.
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/korbi/detail/index.jsp?uuid=0d598680-ca70-40dd-b461-508989a22887

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Please tell me that you are NOT one of those people who have the 24/7 live feed.

Oh please, how would I find the time? I'm here 24/7! :lol:

PeruvianSkies
08-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow, do I dare break up the dance that you two are sharing with this entire thread?

GMichael
08-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Wow, do I dare break up the dance that you two are sharing with this entire thread?

You may cut in if you like.

GMichael
08-30-2007, 05:11 AM
So, who goes home tonight? Amber or Zack?

basite
08-30-2007, 05:36 AM
oh noes!!!

I don't watch it, and probably never will... (yes, we too have big brother here, albeit the belgian version, which probably is even worse...)

GMichael
08-30-2007, 05:43 AM
oh noes!!!

I don't watch it, and probably never will... (yes, we too have big brother here, albeit the belgian version, which probably is even worse...)

Worse? Worse?

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo..................

GMichael
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM
'Twas the night before eviction and all through the house

The houseguest are restless especially Eric the mouse

Jessica is sleeping in her HOH room

Amber contemplating her impending doom

The houseguests on lockdown

What's going on outside

What's with the whispering, do they have something to hide

Evel is burping, his hunger satisfied

Not even thinking of earlier when he just may have cried

The mouse, he is peeking through the forbidden door

Zach, well he's Zach - a phenominal bore

What's out there, the houseguests, really do want to know

Could it be, they all wonder, a surprise from the show

Jameeka is hungry she LOVES that whipped cream

Amber looks so sad, she's losing her dream

Will she be a top model, America's sweetheart

All this interrupted by an Evel Dick fart

Jameeka's still eating I think someone else too

I hear clinking and clanking of an off camera spoon

Big Brother calling Jameka to the diary room

Could she be discussing her BFF's doom

Evel wants a cigarette but he's handling it OK

Dani's talking to him, so that makes his day

Eric and Evel and Daniele discuss game

Now talking about how other houseguests are lame!

Eric hopes Jen was injured on her way to sequester

Or perhaps eaten by sharks, he really doesn't like her

Daniele, being bored, is going to try to go to sleep

But Zach wants to talk - she probably wants to weep

Now Evel and Eric, they are REALLY talking game

They're sick of Amber , her lies are so lame

They're sure about one thing. Ambers got to go!

Eric's had it with her, but that we all know

HOH competion. they talk about now

They can't think of a kind that Zach would win somehow

The girs may be paranoid, but these two are not

They seem to trust their alliance - it will be a competition well fought

And now for a moment, we get FOTH on the screen

Could the lockdown be over, what does this mean

I'll wait a few minutes, to see if somethings going on

But I'm tired and need sleep so I won't wait long

The music is playing, the FOTH's on the screen

I get UP in 4 hours - I don't want to be mean

But I think that, perhaps, I'll retire for the night

Close down my computer, get it out of my sight

What the houseguests are doing, I have not idea

So with that I will say goodnight all, Later, SEE YA!

ForeverAutumn
08-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Hilarious! For someone who claims to only watch this show because of his wife, and doesn't really like it...you sure spend a lot of time on the 'net looking things up about it. :skep:

Bye-bye Amber (cry)baby.

Can you imagine her as a motivational speaker? OMG! She sure has a high opinion of herself. First a model, now a motivational speaker. Like anyone would ever want to pay to hear anything that she has to say. :out:

GMichael
08-31-2007, 06:29 AM
I looked that up for you dear. Thought it would help our conversation along.

I'm not sad to see Amber go either. How much whining can one person do? "Oh, I'm happy, cry cry cry." Oh, I'm sad, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a model, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a motivational speaker, cry cry cry."

How could she be a motivational speaker? WTF! How stupid can she be? Maybe she doesn't understand what motivational means.

ForeverAutumn
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
I looked that up for you dear. Thought it would help our conversation along.

I'm not sad to see Amber go either. How much whining can one person do? "Oh, I'm happy, cry cry cry." Oh, I'm sad, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a model, cry cry cry." "Oh, I should be a motivational speaker, cry cry cry."

How could she be a motivational speaker? WTF! How stupid can she be? Maybe she doesn't understand what motivational means.

I believe that the actual word that she used when talking to Julie was "inspirational speaker". The only thing that she could inspire anyone to do is (a) cry, (b) kill themselves or (c) kill her.

I can't believe that we're the only two people on this board who watch this show. Yes, it's huge waste of time...but it's so much FUN!

Care to make a prediction on HOH? (no cheating by checking the forums!). I think that Daniele is going to win again. She seemed to be pretty steady on her feet, and I think that women have an advantage in a challenge like that since they have a lower centre of gravity and generally have better balance.

GMichael
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
I believe that the actual word that she used when talking to Julie was "inspirational speaker". The only thing that she could inspire anyone to do is (a) cry, (b) kill themselves or (c) kill her.

I can't believe that we're the only two people on this board who watch this show. Yes, it's huge waste of time...but it's so much FUN!

Care to make a prediction on HOH? (no cheating by checking the forums!). I think that Daniele is going to win again. She seemed to be pretty steady on her feet, and I think that women have an advantage in a challenge like that since they have a lower centre of gravity and generally have better balance.

Worf watches it too. He was b.tching you out for turning him (or his wife) onto the show. But I forget what thread.

Too late, I know who won already. Do you want to know?

GMichael
09-03-2007, 07:06 AM
I thought Zach would put up E.D. and Daniel or Jess and Eric, maybe one of each. I didn't think he'd put up Jameka.
Week after week E.D. and Daniel are playing hard and tricking the right people into thinking that they are on their side. Eric is doing the same. It's going to be a catfight in the end.
Double ellimination this week. It doesn't seem like any of them know that yet.
Who will win P.O.V. tomorrow? Eric will be fighting for Jess, but what if Zach puts him up as the replacement?
How does the double ellimination thing work? Do both nominies go? Or does it work with a twist?

ForeverAutumn
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't think that the POV winner can be nominated. Otherwise, why would you EVER risk using the POV to save someone else? I think that no matter what happens Jameka is going home. No-one will use the POV to save Jameka. If Eric wins he'll save Jessica. Zach will put up Dick, and Jameka will go home. If Daniele, Dick or Zach win, they'll leave the nominess as they are. The only chance Jameka has is to win the POV. Otherwise she's toast.

Jameka can play for HOH this week. That makes her more of a threat now. Its one more person for Eric, Jessica, Daniele and Dick to compete against and potentially lose control of the house. Therefore, if she doesn't win POV then they would be stupid to not vote her out.

They won't find out that's its a double elimination night until the next HOH is named. Then Julie will tell that HOH that they will have to name their nominations right away and the house will vote right away. At least that's how it's been done in the past.

If Jameka is gone, then the only people competing for HOH will be D&D and E&J. If any of those four win, they will nominate Zach and a member of the other pair. Zach will go home and the final four will be D&D&E&J.

If Jameka wins POV, it will change everything and will be very interesting. I think, in that case, that Zack will strike a deal with Dick and Daniele for final three. Then he'll put up Eric and get rid of either Jessica or Eric.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 05:25 AM
I've decided that I don't like this whole "America's Player" vote for eviction. I don't think that it leads to fair play. Although Eric managed to work it in his favour right up until the end, it cost both Nick and Jessica their positions in the house when Eric wasn't allowed to vote the way that he wanted to.

If BB wants America to have a vote then I would rather see them be up front about it and give America a vote that counts in the eviction without negating a house guest's vote. So if there are six people in the house allowed to vote there will actually be seven votes counted, including America's vote.

BTW, I guess I was wrong to believe that D&D would keep their word and the final four would include Eric and Jes. But that also proves my above point... if Eric had been able to keep Amber like Jess wanted, they might still be in it. Although, IMPO, I think it was a dumb move to keep Jameka and Zach. They are both very strong. D&D would have had a better chance to win competitions and win the money if they were up against Eric. He's totally useless in competitions.

I'd still like to see Dick win. I think that he's a great manipulator and was totally the underdog coming into the game. The fact that he's still in the house is amazing.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 05:52 AM
I've decided that I don't like this whole "America's Player" vote for eviction. I don't think that it leads to fair play. Although Eric managed to work it in his favour right up until the end, it cost both Nick and Jessica their positions in the house when Eric wasn't allowed to vote the way that he wanted to.

It does let America feel like they are part of the game. It screws up the integrity of the process though. It's hard to tell which mean's more to the general viewers.

If BB wants America to have a vote then I would rather see them be up front about it and give America a vote that counts in the eviction without negating a house guest's vote. So if there are six people in the house allowed to vote there will actually be seven votes counted, including America's vote.

That could be cool, but what about all the other things they were able to get Eric to do? Mustard on Jen's clothes, kissing Jess (he may not have made that move without a push from the viewers. America has been pushing that relationship along in some ways. Giving her "his woobe". Swearing his allegiants to her till the end. All things that American got him to do)

BTW, I guess I was wrong to believe that D&D would keep their word and the final four would include Eric and Jess. But that also proves my above point... if Eric had been able to keep Amber like Jess wanted, they might still be in it. Although, IMPO, I think it was a dumb move to keep Jameka and Zach. They are both very strong. D&D would have had a better chance to win competitions and win the money if they were up against Eric. He's totally useless in competitions.

Oh yeah, you should never have believed them. They have broken every word that they have given out so far (except for Zach, and that was just for themselves more than to keep their word) They are playing the game like Wal-Mart does business, for themselves.)
True Eric isn't very good under pressure. And I would have rather seen Eric & Jess around a little longer to see their relationship grow. Did you see that she didn't wait for him to kiss her this time? She just went straight for his lips. If either E.D. or Daniel are in it at they end, neither will get many votes unless they are in it together.

I'd still like to see Dick win. I think that he's a great manipulator and was totally the underdog coming into the game. The fact that he's still in the house is amazing.

Daniel did a good job of manipulating Zach the last two week. That apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree. But she's a lot more sneaky about it. She stabs people in the back while E.D. just stabs them right in the chest. He likes to give it a little twist while it's in there too. Some people may hold a grudge against him in the end. I guess we'll see if they are the last two.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 06:24 AM

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it. It would be a wild card vote that could keep alliances from dominating and controlling evictions.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Daniel did a good job of manipulating Zach the last two week. That apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree. But she's a lot more sneaky about it. She stabs people in the back while E.D. just stabs them right in the chest. He likes to give it a little twist while it's in there too. Some people may hold a grudge against him in the end. I guess we'll see if they are the last two.

You're right. She did do a good job with Zach. Both of them (D&D) have played the game really well. I don't think that Daniele would still be around, however, if Dick hadn't used the POV on her a few weeks back. Whereas Dick has managed to talk his way out of being voted out every time...in spite of the fact that no-one really likes him.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 07:05 AM
You're right. She did do a good job with Zach. Both of them (D&D) have played the game really well. I don't think that Daniele would still be around, however, if Dick hadn't used the POV on her a few weeks back. Whereas Dick has managed to talk his way out of being voted out every time...in spite of the fact that no-one really likes him.

Yeah, he's very good at talking people into making deals with him when he needs them. Not so good at keeping those deals after he's used them, and now needs someone else's help. But those kinds of dealings tend to catch up to a person eventually. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. " Scotty in STII, The Wrath of Kahn.
I like him, but I'm not so sure how the people he has betrayed feel about him. Daniel has betrayed a few people too. But she's been a little more sly about it. I don't think that people feel as much animosity toward her as they do Dick.

JSE
09-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Ladies, I am impressed and horrified at the same time that you two have been able to track the minute by minute happenings on BB.

Big Brother? Are you two serious?:shocked: You went from Lost, to Big Brother?

JSE walks into room, smashes the hell out of the watercooler with a baseball bat. The watercooler should not be subjected to Big Brother talk. I put the cooler out of it's misery! :ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Ladies, I am impressed and horrified at the same time that you two have been able to track the minute by minute happenings on BB.

Big Brother? Are you two serious?:shocked: You went from Lost, to Big Brother?

JSE walks into room, smashes the hell out of the watercooler with a baseball bat. The watercooler should not be subjected to Big Brother talk. I put the cooler out of it's misery! :ciappa:

Ladies? Is there something about GMichael that I don't know?

It's not our fault. No Lost until 2008? I mean, really, what do you expect us to do? Desperate times call for desparate measures. Now you know just how desparate we really are. :frown2:

I need help. I can admit it.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, he's very good at talking people into making deals with him when he needs them. Not so good at keeping those deals after he's used them, and now needs someone else's help.

That's the point of the game. He/She who can lie and manipulate the best wins. Anyone who's watched the show and then goes on the show thinking that they can trust ANYONE, is just plain stupid.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
That's the point of the game. He/She who can lie and manipulate the best wins. Anyone who's watched the show and then goes on the show thinking that they can trust ANYONE, is just plain stupid.

I agree, but he's also gone above and beyond to piss people off. That's not the best way to make lasting friends who will vote for you in the end.
Daniel has done a good job of being just as untrustworthy, but without showing that side of her to the people in the show. At least, not as much as Dick has.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Ladies? Is there something about GMichael that I don't know?

It's not our fault. No Lost until 2008? I mean, really, what do you expect us to do? Desperate times call for desparate measures. Now you know just how desparate we really are. :frown2:

I need help. I can admit it.

He's just saying that anyone who watches this show must either be a woman, or a woman wanna-be.

(GM hold his head down in shame and walks out of the room)
(GM returns carying a new plastic water cooler)

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
He's just saying that anyone who watches this show must either be a woman, or a woman wanna-be.

And that's supposed to be a bad thing...how exactly? :mad5:

JSE! Shame on you! :nono:

GMichael
09-07-2007, 09:52 AM
And that's supposed to be a bad thing...how exactly? :mad5:

JSE! Shame on you! :nono:

It's a guy thing.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree, but he's also gone above and beyond to piss people off. That's not the best way to make lasting friends who will vote for you in the end.

True, but it does make great TV! How boring would the show be if the final four were Eric, Jessica, Amber and Jameka. We'd have to watch Jessica make googoo eyes at Eric who's too inept to know a sure thing when he sees it, and Amber and Jameka hold their own little PTL Club with a sideshow of tears.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
True, but it does make great TV! How boring would the show be if the final four were Eric, Jessica, Amber and Jameka. We'd have to watch Jessica make googoo eyes at Eric who's too inept to know a sure thing when he sees it, and Amber and Jameka hold their own little PTL Club with a sideshow of tears.

Couldn't agree more.

Is it time for LOST yet?

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Is it time for LOST yet?

I wish! I just got the S3 tapes back from my sister-in-law, so I'm going to rewatch S3.

I can't wait for S4. We finally got our new TV and I can't wait to watch Lost in HD!

JSE
09-07-2007, 10:34 AM

(GM hold his head down in shame and walks out of the room)
(GM returns carying a new plastic water cooler)

More like you two sound like ladies talking about their favorite soap opera .

I expected more from both of you. :nonod:

JSE walks back in room with a shotgun loaded with buckshot........ Kaboooom, ping, ding, boyng, ping, boyng, ding, ping................................. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My Ass!

Damn you GMichael and your bullet proof watercooler bottle! :cryin:

GMichael
09-07-2007, 10:57 AM

JSE walks back in room with a shotgun loaded with buckshot........ Kaboooom, ping, ding, boyng, ping, boyng, ding, ping................................. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My Ass!

Damn you GMichael and your bullet proof watercooler bottle! :cryin:

Good one.

Hope you got a good doctor, cause I sure as h.ll am not digging those out of your a$$.

Rich-n-Texas
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
It's all scripted anyway... :rolleyes:

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2007, 12:36 PM

So, I guess that you'd be really disappointed in me if I told you that I've watched the Young and the Restless almost every day for over 20 years.

GMichael
09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
So, I guess that you'd be really disappointed in me if I told you that I've watched the Young and the Restless almost every day for over 20 years.

You started watching when you were 5?

JSE
09-07-2007, 01:01 PM

20 years? There are only only a few things I have done every day for the past 20 years and ironically, they are things I associate with shows like the Young and the Restless. :ihih:

GMichael
09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
20 years? There are only only a few things I have done every day for the past 20 years and ironically, they are things I associate with shows like the Young and the Restless. :ihih:

You sleep with your brother's, wife's, cousin's, mailman?
Every day?

JSE
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
You sleep with your brother's, wife's, cousin's, mailman?
Every day?

Tooo-Shey! :thumbsup:

I was thinking more like pissin n' poopin. :yikes:

Rich-n-Texas
09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
That's gross!!! Come on you guys, clean it up!!!

JSE
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
That's gross!!! Come on you guys, clean it up!!!

Pee Pee and Poopie?

GMichael
09-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Pee Pee and Poopie?

Well, it could make quite a mess if not cleaned up.
:idea:

ForeverAutumn
09-10-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm switching my vote to Zach. The first person in the house to (as he put it) "have the stones" to not be afraid of Dick and to realize that Dick and Daniel can't get to the final three together.

Although, I do love how Daniele described him..."he's that guy who, when he calls your cell phone, you don't answer it - you just listen to his message. LOL

GMichael
09-10-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm switching my vote to Zach. The first person in the house to (as he put it) "have the stones" to not be afraid of Dick and to realize that Dick and Daniel can't get to the final three together.

Although, I do love how Daniele described him..."he's that guy who, when he calls your cell phone, you don't answer it - you just listen to his message. LOL

Zach is right that he can't leave both D&D in the game for the final three. But he tipped his hand before he needed to. That just bad planning. If he let them think that he is still on their side, then if it comes down to him and one of them in the POV compatition they may have not tried as hard. Now that they know that he's flipped, then they will fight harder to beat him. He said what he said because his ego is flying high right now. He was boasting instead of thinking.

So now, if either D or D wins the POV, then one of them will be the winner. If not, then it will either be Zach or Jameka depending on the next HOH comp.

ForeverAutumn
09-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure that I understand...are you suggesting that Zach should have put up Jameka?

GMichael
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure that I understand...are you suggesting that Zach should have put up Jameka?

If either D or D wins the POV. They they will hold the only vote no matter who he put up to begin with. He should have let them think they were safe. If Jemeka gets eliminated early from the POV then D&D might not have kept tryin as hard to win over Zach. Now they will go for blood.

It almost didn't matter who he put on the block. Everything is based on this next POV. The winner is the only person who gets a vote this week. (unless Zach wins, and then he could have saved Jameka and went ahead with his plan at that time.

Seems to me that he tipped his hand early due to his ego. It may all work out the same in the end, but I'd rather have a any edge I could get.

ForeverAutumn
09-10-2007, 11:12 AM
If either D or D wins the POV. They they will hold the only vote no matter who he put up to begin with. He should have let them think they were safe. If Jemeka gets eliminated early from the POV then D&D might not have kept tryin as hard to win over Zach. Now they will go for blood.

It almost didn't matter who he put on the block. Everything is based on this next POV. The winner is the only person who gets a vote this week. (unless Zach wins, and then he could have saved Jameka and went ahead with his plan at that time.

Seems to me that he tipped his hand early due to his ego. It may all work out the same in the end, but I'd rather have a any edge I could get.

I see what you mean. And I agree with you. Mathematically, it's all the same. However, by not putting Jameka on the block, she may feel like she owes him one. If either Dick or Daniele go home and Jameka wins the next HOH, she may be more likely to take Zach to the final two now. Whereas, if Daniele or Dick are both still in the house and either of them wins the next HOH, Zach is gone anyway.

I think that NOT putting Jameka up was a smart move. It doesn't really matter at this point whether D&D are mad at him. They can't help him anymore.

GMichael
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I see what you mean. And I agree with you. Mathematically, it's all the same. However, by not putting Jameka on the block, she may feel like she owes him one. If either Dick or Daniele go home and Jameka wins the next HOH, she may be more likely to take Zach to the final two now. Whereas, if Daniele or Dick are both still in the house and either of them wins the next HOH, Zach is gone anyway.

I think that NOT putting Jameka up was a smart move. It doesn't really matter at this point whether D&D are mad at him. They can't help him anymore.

I don't think that Jameka would have sided with either D no matter what Zach did. But maybe that's what he was thinking.
This POV is going to be huge.

Rich-n-Texas
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Night time soap opera. :rolleyes: (did somebody already mention that?)
It's all scripted remember?

ForeverAutumn
09-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Night time soap opera. :rolleyes: (did somebody already mention that?)
It's all scripted remember?

So what if it is? It's still fun to watch!

I give Daniele 3:2 odds.

Final two equals:
Dick and Daniele...Daniele wins
Zach and Daniele...Daniele wins
Zach and Dick...Dick wins.

Those are my predictions.

GMichael
09-12-2007, 05:54 AM

Final two equals:

I don't know. Zach may have bought a few votes at the end. And the losers house is still talking about Evil people vs good people. I don't think that ED has any chance. I'm thinking 50-50, Zach or Daniel.

Final two equals:
Zach and Daniele...Even odds
Zach and Dick...Zach wins

Rich-n-Texas
09-12-2007, 06:11 AM

Final two equals:

Yeah, and reading this post was fun too!

Which one's Dick?

GMichael
09-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, and reading this post was fun too!

Which one's Dick?

Dick is E.D. Short for Evel Dick. Daniel's daddy.

Rich-n-Texas
09-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Danielle is one HOT little number! :biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
09-12-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't know. Zach may have bought a few votes at the end. And the losers house is still talking about Evil people vs good people. I don't think that ED has any chance. I'm thinking 50-50, Zach or Daniel.

Final two equals:
Zach and Daniele...Even odds
Zach and Dick...Zach wins

My experience with this show is that they always talk about the good people versus the bad people, but in the end they have enough respect for the game itself to vote for who played it the best over who they like and don't like.

Zach floated along. Dick played hard from day one. My vote would go to Dick. I think that Daniele, Jen, Eric and Jessica would vote for Dick. Jameka and Amber would vote for Zach. I'm not sure who Dustin would vote for but if I'm right about the first four, Dustin's vote would be irrelevant anyway.

Hey, I wonder if Eric gets to cast his own vote for the winner or if he has to vote for who America wants to win????

On a slightly different note, I was thinking about this last night when Julie told Jameka about her newly born niece...I remember watching this show in 2001 and the houseguests had no idea about what had happened on Sept. 11. But then one of the final four (I think there were four, might have been three) had a cousin who worked in the WTC and was missing. So the producers decided to tell the houseguests what had happened (in minor detail without pictures) and gave that contestant the option to quit and go home. She chose to stay, but was voted out later that same week.

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be so cut off from everything while the rest of the world continues to revolve. I think that I'd go crazy!

GMichael
09-12-2007, 08:07 AM
My experience with this show is that they always talk about the good people versus the bad people, but in the end they have enough respect for the game itself to vote for who played it the best over who they like and don't like.

Zach floated along. Dick played hard from day one. My vote would go to Dick. I think that Daniele, Jen, Eric and Jessica would vote for Dick. Jameka and Amber would vote for Zach. I'm not sure who Dustin would vote for but if I'm right about the first four, Dustin's vote would be irrelevant anyway.

Hey, I wonder if Eric gets to cast his own vote for the winner or if he has to vote for who America wants to win????

On a slightly different note, I was thinking about this last night when Julie told Jameka about her newly born niece...I remember watching this show in 2001 and the houseguests had no idea about what had happened on Sept. 11. But then one of the final four (I think there were four, might have been three) had a cousin who worked in the WTC and was missing. So the producers decided to tell the houseguests what had happened (in minor detail without pictures) and gave that contestant the option to quit and go home. She chose to stay, but was voted out later that same week.

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be so cut off from everything while the rest of the world continues to revolve. I think that I'd go crazy!

That wouldn't bother me as long as nothing had happened to someone I was close with. I try to avoid the news as it is now. It always seems to piss me off.

You may be right, as I have no past experience with this show. It just seems that Dick has made enemies of most everyone there.

Yeah Tex, she is a hottie.

GMichael
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Who will win tonight's HOH comp? I think it will come down to Dick and Zach. Zach would send Daniel to the loser's house and take Dick to the finals with him.
If Dick wins tonight, he will bring Daniel with him to the final 2. Either way, I don't think Dick will win in the end. I'd vote for him, but I'm not there.

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Who will win tonight's HOH comp? I think it will come down to Dick and Zach. Zach would send Daniel to the loser's house and take Dick to the finals with him.
If Dick wins tonight, he will bring Daniel with him to the final 2. Either way, I don't think Dick will win in the end. I'd vote for him, but I'm not there.

You predicted that one correctly. Big Finale tonight! Although it's kind of anti-clamactic at this point.

All I really want to see is footage of Zach walking into the jury house and everyone realizing that D&D made it to the final two.

New season of Survivor starts on Thursday! Are you psyched?

GMichael
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
You predicted that one correctly. Big Finale tonight! Although it's kind of anti-clamactic at this point.

All I really want to see is footage of Zach walking into the jury house and everyone realizing that D&D made it to the final two.

New season of Survivor starts on Thursday! Are you psyched?

It might depend on who Eric is told to vote for. Right now, I think that most of the jury hates E.D. but if America wants Eric to vote and campaign for him then he may have a chance. IMO America will vote for Daniel and it will be all over.

Yeah, the house will not be happy. Especially Dustin. He seems to have a large chip on his shoulder.

Wifey wants to see what's going on with Eric and Jess. Do you think he'll move from NYC to Kansas? Talk about a culture shock.

Not a big Survivor watcher. Wifey watches it though. Maybe she'll drag me into that this year too.

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Survivor can be fun to watch. It's usually more fun after the two teams merge. It can get very cut throat. I've watched every season since the beginning and am getting a little tired of it now. They need to try to freshen it up a little.

I don't think that Eric will move to Kansas. I think that he may visit, but that's all. I just don't see Eric and Jess together. She's the prom queen and...well...I suspect that he's a queen of a different type.

GMichael
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Survivor can be fun to watch. It's usually more fun after the two teams merge. It can get very cut throat. I've watched every season since the beginning and am getting a little tired of it now. They need to try to freshen it up a little.

I don't think that Eric will move to Kansas. I think that he may visit, but that's all. I just don't see Eric and Jess together. She's the prom queen and...well...I suspect that he's a queen of a different type.

I thought that he was a "queen" at first. But now I just think that he's more interested in the money instead of a honey.

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
JSE! Help a brother Texan out! We've got to hijack this thread before GM turns into a girl!!!

GMichael
09-18-2007, 10:54 AM
JSE! Help a brother Texan out! We've got to hijack this thread before GM turns into a girl!!!

If I did, I'd never leave the house. :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Once again...you say that like it's a bad thing!

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
He'd make a really ugly girl.

GMichael
09-18-2007, 11:18 AM

I already make a really ugly guy.

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
I already make a really ugly guy.
Yeah, no joke...

Remember, what goes around comes around! :biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM

LOL. No argument there. :)

GMichael
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, no joke...

Remember, what goes around comes around! :biggrin5:

Boo Boo? Is that you?

ForeverAutumn
09-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Although no-one around here will admit to watching this show, this thread has 650 hits. More than most of the other threads on this site. Interesting.

Well, for those who care, Evel Dick won! I'm not surprised, although I did think that more people would vote for Daniele because she appeared to be more likeable. However, as I mentioned before, when it comes right down to it, people in the game tend to vote for who played the best game, rather than who played the nicest game. I think that Dick played the best game.

I wonder what will happen to the father and daughter relationship once they're back in the real world?

GMichael
09-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Although no-one around here will admit to watching this show, this thread has 650 hits. More than most of the other threads on this site. Interesting.

Well, for those who care, Evel Dick won! I'm not surprised, although I did think that more people would vote for Daniele because she appeared to be more likeable. However, as I mentioned before, when it comes right down to it, people in the game tend to vote for who played the best game, rather than who played the nicest game. I think that Dick played the best game.

I wonder what will happen to the father and daughter relationship once they're back in the real world?

Dick wins! I like that. But, although most of the voters said that it was because he played a better game, I don't count out the Eric factor. That boy could sell ice cubes to Eskimos. It seemed that everyone was going to vote for Daniel as the lesser of two evils. But then Eric started his campaign. His platform? Who played the game better. He even got Dustin to switch. That was a shocker to me.
But either way, Dick did play it better than his daughter. He deserved to win.

In the real world? Dick will say something mean. (it will be true, but overly mean) Daniel will get upset and not talk to him again. It's just a matter of time.

How about that chip Amber had on her shoulder towards Daniel? I liked it when Daniel told her, "I don't want your vote then."

Rich-n-Texas
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, you know what my and JSE's intentions were, although they didn't work...

BTW, Dick looked like a Tommy Lee wanabe, ya know?

ForeverAutumn
09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
How about that chip Amber had on her shoulder towards Daniel? I liked it when Daniel told her, "I don't want your vote then."

Amber's an idiot. I loved the reminicing show on Sunday where Dick and Daniele were laughing about Amber and whoever put the show together showed, again, the scene where Amber is talking about how she has the face and body to be a model. They didn't have to reshow that and make a point of her idiocy, but I love that they did!

Daniele's answer was perfect.

What surprised me was Jessica's comment when she voted, about how her vote went to the person that she enjoyed more in the house. I thought for sure that meant Daniele, but it was Dick! I think that he's probably a bit of a different guy than was portrayed after the editing room.

As for the Eric factor... I don't discount it totally, but I think that the conversation would have made it's way in that direction anyway. It's the same conversation every season. I think that America's Player had a bigger impact on who was eliminated from the house than it did on who won.

It was a fun season to watch. Now...bring on Survivor!

And Lost...bring on Lost...

please?