Build a Lionel Ritchie Head.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Build a Lionel Ritchie Head....

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
This is just hilarious! Here is the music video that just about makes me pee my pants every-time I see it and here is the website on how to make one!

http://www.macalester.edu/~fines/lionel/

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDZcqBgCS74"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDZcqBgCS74" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I still can't stop laughing...I don't know why this is so funny to me.

MikeyBC
08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Boy, I wish i had that much free time :confused5:

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Boy, I wish i had that much free time :confused5:

and yet as the same time I am sure that you don't. How are the PSB's these days?

Snowbunny
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
That is pretty funny! I like his statement that the most memorable part of the first night was that his buddy served him Lite Beer.

Did it say anywhere why they picked Ritchie? They could have saved a lot of clay if they sculpted his daughter's entire body instead of Lionel's massive skull.

I obviously don't have enough free time in my life. :p

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
That is pretty funny! I like his statement that the most memorable part of the first night was that his buddy served him Lite Beer.

Did it say anywhere why they picked Ritchie? They could have saved a lot of clay if they sculpted his daughter's entire body instead of Lionel's massive skull.

I obviously don't have enough free time in my life. :p

Watch the music video for the song HELLO and you will see why.

Snowbunny
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now its not just funny, but hilarious!

I have two things to say about that video...

CHEEEESY!

STALKER ALERT!!! :lol:

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now its not just funny, but hilarious!

I have two things to say about that video...

CHEEEESY!

STALKER ALERT!!! :lol:

Exactly. That video is sooooo bizarre. I never really understood the whole thing and it makes Lionel look so bad that in the end the blind girl turns him into a clay chia pet.

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
I'd say it's a pretty close resemblance to Lionel!!

3-LockBox
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
meh...

it was funnier 20 years ago. In fact, Lionel himself said that he was incredulous the first time he saw it - he didn't want them to use it.

PeruvianSkies
08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
meh...

it was funnier 20 years ago. In fact, Lionel himself said that he was incredulous the first time he saw it - he didn't want them to use it.

Oh well, so sorry to not live up to your expectations on the funny meter. Some of us still find it funny and the fact that these guys tried to make a clay head is just about as silly as it gets.

3-LockBox
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh well, so sorry to not live up to your expectations on the funny meter. Some of us still find it funny and the fact that these guys tried to make a clay head is just about as silly as it gets.

they sort of made a Lionel Richie head. I hope it was done 'tongue-in-cheek'.

Don't worry, I like an offbeat, left of center, sense of humor as much as anybody, but I can't see making fun of blind people.

Just yankin yer chain ;)

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
meh...

Geez, Todd! Have I been gone long enough for you to have morphed into a grumpy old man?

You know not all of us were watching Lionel Ritchie videos back in the day! Some of us were into more age-appropriate videos like New Kids on the Block's classic, Step By Step - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ5eZSa7URA.

Just busying your balls! :blush2:

Rich-n-Texas
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Just busying your balls! :blush2:
I'm not even going to ask what that means. :idea:

3-LockBox
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm not even going to ask what that means. :idea:

We have a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy here at RR. Extremely hush-hush and definately on the QT. ;)

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 07:08 PM
We have a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy here at RR. Extremely hush-hush and definately on the QT. ;)

I thought you guys were busying balls on the down low? :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Lesson learned. :thumbsup: (In response to 3LB's post!)

Truthfully, I didn't find the humor in the video, but I guess if I read all the way through the linked webpage it might have been a different story. Lionel Ritchie was quite popular during his time in the sun, and I think his fans would've enjoyed that video.

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Truthfully, I didn't find the humor in the video, but I guess if I read all the way through the linked webpage it might have been a different story. Lionel Ritchie was quite popular during his time in the sun, and I think his fans would've enjoyed that video.

Because I think inside jokes can seem kind of rude...

I think it was Jim Clark who first typoed just busying your balls, instead of just busting your balls.

Everyone thought busying your balls sounded so much nicer than busting your balls, it took the place of saying J/K or just kidding.

Its silly, but it still cracks me up after all these years! :biggrin5:

MikeyBC
08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
and yet as the same time I am sure that you don't. How are the PSB's these days?

Thats is true...I might turn into some kind of freak like those guys if I did.....and both pairs are still going strong ! :6:

PeruvianSkies
08-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats is true...I might turn into some kind of freak like those guys if I did.....and both pairs are still going strong ! :6:

Well, I am glad to hear that they are going strong, no surprise though, they are still one of the finest speakers made in their class. My friend who has the same pair is still quite happy with them and hasn't even thought about getting anything to replace them. He thought about getting the Gold's, but didn't really notice enough of an improvement to justify the upgrade.

PSB-lover out!

3-LockBox
08-28-2007, 06:25 AM

I keep forgetting that everyone isn't my age. Yes, his fans liked the video (I think), but Richie hated that bust. I remember thinking that it was bogus, but that was me in my jaded, heavy metal stage.

I kinda wish Richie would make a comeback, since it would show the entertainment world that you can be a successful '70s/'80s artist and not have fvcked up your life by now.

bobsticks
08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
II kinda wish Richie would make a comeback, since it would show the entertainment world that you can be a successful '70s/'80s artist and not have fvcked up your life by now.

He might not be able to afford studio time if jis chicky-poo daughter has spent all the loot on nose candy, shopping with Paris and bail...

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah, no joke.

What some kids will do for attention these days. Very sad.

PeruvianSkies
09-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, no joke.

What some kids will do for attention these days. Very sad.

I might be messed up like her if my dad did a stalker video like that back in the day too.

bobsticks
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
The needle is buried on the Bad Taste Meter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPnadn3S4I

Rich-n-Texas
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Really groovy soundtrack...

PeruvianSkies
09-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Really groovy soundtrack...

Riiiight.