End of Summer comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : End of Summer comp

Slosh
08-26-2007, 08:53 AM
This is really just a quickie playlist I made for my mp3 player yesterday. No real rhyme or reason or direction; just songs that I felt like hearing, but I think it turned out pretty well in any case. Grab it while you can!

All Over The Map

01. Wolf Parade - You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son
02. Future Of The Left - Small Bones Small Bodies
03. Super Furry Animals - Baby Ate My Eightball
04. Pinback - Devil You Know
05. Rogue Wave - Sewn Up
06. Josh Ritter - Rumors
07. Calexico - Close Behind
08. Cat Power - Could We
09. Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I Send My Love To You
10. Old Canes - Blue Eleanor
11. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
12. Andrew Bird - Imitosis
13. The Shins - Sea Legs
14. Wilco - Side With The Seeds
15. Sparklehorse - Sea Of Teeth
16. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife 1 & 2
17. Loose Fur - Laminated Cat
18. Destroyer - Rubies

Details
Total Time: 79:48
File Size: 137MB
mp3 Encoding: Lame 3.97 V0 or V2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/23jp4f

Slosh
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
So, did anyone grab this or am I wasting my time (more so than usual)?

NP:

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 06:04 PM

NP:

What the hell, Sloshy! Was this a limited time offer? I'd love a copy but the link - she no good! :nonod:

Edit: Is that a new Tracker as in Tracker - Polk Tracker? Very cool cover on it.

Slosh
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
What the hell, Sloshy! Was this a limited time offer? I'd love a copy but the link - she no good! :nonod:Sure it is. Highlight it and drag it up to your browser's address bar. The download link will be towards the bottom of the page.

Edit: Is that a new Tracker as in Tracker - Polk Tracker? Very cool cover on it.Yes, same Tracker but circa 2004, and a soundtrack at that. I still need to get my hands on Ames one of these days.

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Sure it is. Highlight it and drag it up to your browser's address bar. The download link will be towards the bottom of the page.

:smilewinkgrin: That seems like a lot of effort. Are you sure its worth it? :smilewinkgrin:

Slosh
08-27-2007, 11:36 PM
That seems like a lot of effort. Are you sure its worth it?I'm not sure if it's worth even stopping by this site anymore. I guess my year-end comp will only go to IRL friends this year.

PeruvianSkies
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I wish more people would do this, I appreciate free stuff, especially music. Thanks for the tunes...I am burning the disc right now with the list!

Slosh
08-28-2007, 12:06 AM
You don't need the list. Just drag the .m3u file into your burn list (or media player).

I don't expect reviews or anything. Just wanted to know if anyone was even bothering with these downloads.

PeruvianSkies
08-28-2007, 12:13 AM
You don't need the list. Just drag the .m3u file into your burn list (or media player).

I don't expect reviews or anything. Just wanted to know if anyone was even bothering with these downloads.

Yeah, i'll download whatever anyone posts...can't refuse free downloads like that!

noddin0ff
08-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Thank you, Slosh!

Snowbunny
08-28-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure if it's worth even stopping by this site anymore. I guess my year-end comp will only go to IRL friends this year.

Sloshy, please see edited post above! :)

The link still didn't work for me last night. When I pasted it in my browser it said the address was not found? And that was right after your post about me pasting it.

I REALLY want this one!

:(

bobsticks
08-28-2007, 06:44 AM
You do realise some of us suffer from a degree of computer retardation, eh? I've not experienced any problems with the DL yet and I'll come screaming back if there's issues.

Kinda excited about this one. This'll be my first exposure to a few of these bands.

Stop such a grump :prrr:

proposed new sig: Slosh~curmudgeon extroardinaire

Davey
08-28-2007, 07:58 AM
proposed new sig: Slosh~curmudgeon extroardinaire
Yea, he does get that way sometimes. Oddly, I've noticed that it seems to occur right about this same time each month. Don't know what that means.

Rae
08-28-2007, 09:40 AM
I guess my year-end comp will only go to IRL friends this year.

Ms.N, could I get one if I told you that the internet is my real life?

~Rae

bobsticks
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Sloshy, you're good for the economy. I'm gonna be checking out some Sparklehorse and Pinback, maybe even some Josh Ritter.

I feel for the Super Furry Animals. I've been there...

Thanks

BradH
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM

I would've grabbed it but they were mp3's.

Slosh
08-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I would've grabbed it but they were mp3's....And?

I would have done FLAC but that would have required two folders/uploads.

Yeah, it's mp3 but it's very high quality mp3. I'm not gonna tell you it's completely transparent to lossless (it's not) but it's still pretty damned good sounding. Besides, if any of this you haven't heard before how will you be able to tell the difference? :)

Slosh
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Alright Snowflake, try this link instead:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/23jp4f

BradH
08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Besides, if any of this you haven't heard before how will you be able to tell the difference? :)

Oh man, I can spot 'em a mile away. But I'll give it a listen, anyway.

Didn't you post FLAC's before or was that someone else?

Slosh
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
proposed new sig: Slosh~curmudgeon extroardinaireNah, it's just that it seems people would rather argue about the latest top-10-bands-of-all-time list for the two hundred and seventy six thousandth time, instead of actually listening to something new/different. I don't get it. People suck. :D

Rae, I'll up a 2007 YEC (and in FLAC) but it's only being offered via PM I've decided. Real enough?

NP:

Slosh
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Didn't you post FLAC's before or was that someone else?
Yeah but that was when MediaFire let you up 1GB folders at a time. It's only 100MB a shot now and FLAC would have been five uploads (SendSpace, slow as it is, allows 300GB but even that's not enough).

Snowbunny
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Nah, it's just that it seems people would rather argue about the latest top-10-bands-of-all-time list for the two hundred and seventy six thousandth time, instead of actually listening to something new/different. I don't get it. People suck. :D

Rae, I'll up a 2007 YEC (and in FLAC) but it's only being offered via PM I've decided. Real enough?

NP:

Thanks, Sloshy!

And thanks to this message board only two of those bands are new to me. :)

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey, some of us were on vacation and are still catching up. I'll do the d/l tomorrow. I actually OWN some of those songs. My how times have changed.

Have you seen the video for Imitosis (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16001163)?

audiobill
08-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey, Sloshster.

Listening to your comp for the first time. Really enjoying it. Nice sequencing, bud!!!

Rediscovering several songs that I have on the full albums, in a different light. As I type this I'm grrrrrrrrrroving on "Sea Legs" by the Shins. Also, discovering several new ones.

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill

A nice way to get back into the post-vacation-post-summer season

noddin0ff
08-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Sloshy, you're good for the economy. I'm gonna be checking out some Sparklehorse and Pinback, maybe even some Josh Ritter.

I feel for the Super Furry Animals. I've been there...

Thanks

Ha! I agree. Every time I read a Slosh post, I might as well put $1 in a jar for future purchases.

PeruvianSkies
08-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I am personally enjoying the WOLF PARADE track. Are the rest of the tracks on the album as good?

Slosh
08-31-2007, 03:49 AM
I am personally enjoying the WOLF PARADE track. Are the rest of the tracks on the album as good?
Honestly I don't really know. Our friend Jim Clark burned that CD for me several years ago but somehow I lost it and it didn't resurface until recently. I remembered liking that song but haven't really had the time to absorb the album as a whole even though it has been two years. I'll try to listen to it sometime this weekend and let you know what I think later next week.

JDaniel
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks Slosh, just started the download. I'm a little late as usual (been that way for 41 years, why change now?).

JDaniel