current tas is all DIGITAL [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : current tas is all DIGITAL

hifitommy
08-26-2007, 06:34 AM
last issue, some people complained about the all analog focus, now some of the same people are complaining that its all digital. i'm an analog guy but i am not complaining. lets be realistic, if you want any new music by the people you want it by, then you'll have to embrace digital, why not know what to buy and make it sound great.

the other nice thing about this issue is the recommended systems that start in the VERY affordable territory.

PeruvianSkies
08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
last issue, some people complained about the all analog focus, now some of the same people are complaining that its all digital. i'm an analog guy but i am not complaining. lets be realistic, if you want any new music by the people you want it by, then you'll have to embrace digital, why not know what to buy and make it sound great.

the other nice thing about this issue is the recommended systems that start in the VERY affordable territory.

That's really great that they are recommending systems to start out on. I mean, we all began somewhere, and hopefully by encouraging people to get started with affordable systems, they will quickly grow to love it and expand their horizons a bit down the line.

Playing guitar in various bands in my life I have come to appreciate a good 'sound' person mixing at the board, but over the past few years I have seen a decline in people who have a good 'ear' for such things. It's vital that people like ourselves keep the quest alive for realistic audio reproduction and to inspire those around us with the potential of recordings, otherwise with the advent of things like MP3 players and such...it won't be long before everyone is listening to compressed music on iPod docks.