HT for 2K [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HT for 2K

L.J.
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Someone PM'd me and is trying to build a HT system with a budget of 2K. The room size is 12x14. He would like something that can handle HD audio and would like MP3 networking. That's all the info I got so far.

2k is pushing it so I'd suggest building slowly, but I figured I'd throw this out to get a few thoughts from you guys.

GMichael
08-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I'd take a close look at this link. http://www.av123.com/products_category_brand.php?section=stock&brand=14

The x-series speakers are a great value even when they are not on sale. (don't look at the Mini blow out prices though. I feel sick)

kexodusc
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd take a close look at this link. http://www.av123.com/products_category_brand.php?section=stock&brand=14

The x-series speakers are a great value even when they are not on sale. (don't look at the Mini blow out prices though. I feel sick)
I'll second the X-series - these guys replaced my former favorites in the super low budget category (Ascend Acoustics). Very nice sounding speakers for the money. Perfect for a small room!!!

A decent a/v receiver at $350-$400 or so, $580 for 5 speakers, leaves plenty of cash for a sub, DVD player, cables etc...I like the 12" Titanic for a sub still at $470...gonna need 2 stands and wall mounts.

Damn, this was surprisingly easy for a $2K budget:eek:

L.J.
08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Not bad guys......I'll pass the info on.

Rich-n-Texas
08-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Our new avs123 crusader. :smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
08-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Our new avs123 crusader. :smilewinkgrin:

But but, I like mine.

L.J.
08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
(don't look at the Mini blow out prices though. I feel sick)

Thanks for the tip GM, they'll be here in a couple of days.

GMichael
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the tip GM, they'll be here in a couple of days.

Did you? I'd be very happy for you if you did order them. I wouldn't feel so bad if at least one of my friends got to take advantage of the sale.

L.J.
08-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Did you? I'd be very happy for you if you did order them. I wouldn't feel so bad if at least one of my friends got to take advantage of the sale.

No....I was just teasin'. Maybe in a year or two :(

GMichael
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
No....I was just teasin'. Maybe in a year or two :(

OK, I'll go back to sulking about it. I could have used that $600 to buy a new amp.:cryin:

drseid
08-22-2007, 02:13 PM

Agree 100% here. These are a great value, and would be an ideal choice, IMO. Maybe he could even pair the X-ls monitors with a UFW-10 sub for even better sound and still easily be within budget.

---Dave

PeruvianSkies
08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Agree 100% here. These are a great value, and would be an ideal choice, IMO. Maybe he could even pair the X-ls monitors with a UFW-10 sub for even better sound and still easily be within budget.

---Dave

Doesn't Tyler make anything in that range???

drseid
08-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Doesn't Tyler make anything in that range???

Not really, when you consider the entire HT system has to be 2K or less. Tylers least expensive mini-monitors in the freedom line go for about $575/pr.... Once you add a center, a sub and the electronics I think 2K would be very tough to do.

---Dave

PeruvianSkies
08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Not really, when you consider the entire HT system has to be 2K or less. Tylers least expesive mini monitors in the freedom line go for about $575/pr.... Once you add a center, a sub and the electronics I think 2K would be very tough to do.

---Dave

True, I wonder if the original poster would be interesting in doing a gradual system by starting out with some really good fronts.