How come my reputation is so low? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How come my reputation is so low?

Davey
08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey, guess I'm not very observant because I just noticed the reputation icon at the bottom of one of the posts, next to the poster Online status, so checked and my reputation points are way low, near zero, but at least still positive. Can they go negative? Do you sometimes rate posters? What makes for a good post? Linear thought progression? Topical subject matter? Comedy? Names of artists you recognize? Lightly veiled sexual innuendos? Avatars with large exposed boobs? Somebody must rate these things :)

Slosh
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
You're in danger of getting booted off that distinguished road.

Hmmm, I have 17 reputation points. Do I get a free post when I hit 20 or something :confused:

Davey
08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
You're in danger of getting booted off that distinguished road.
Isn't everyone on the same road? What's below the distiguished road?

Hmmm, I have 17 reputation points.
Kiss ass ... maybe even 18 now after your thoughtful response to my excellent Josh Ritter post ...that'll probably get me into the negatives.

GMichael
08-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, I have 17 reputation points. Do I get a free post when I hit 20 or something :confused:

Yes. But on a side note, all posts are free. Enjoy the extra one, when you earn it.

nobody
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
In the immortal words of the great Joan Jett....

I don't give a danm 'bout my reputation!

Mr MidFi
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Not sure how I ever managed to get any reputation points at all, but thanks to whoever pity-clicked my icon 10 times!

3-LockBox
08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
This is actually news to me...I never noticed that before. I actually have ten, for what that's worth.

Reputation indicator? What an a**hole of an idea.

Slosh
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
This is actually news to me...I never noticed that before. I actually have ten, for what that's worth.

Reputation indicator? What an a**hole of an idea.Maybe if you had 23 points like me you wouldn't feel that way:p (or maybe not)

NP:

Davey
08-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Not sure how I ever managed to get any reputation points at all, but thanks to whoever pity-clicked my icon 10 times!
Kind of deflating to find out that we all start with 10 points, huh?

Slosh
08-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Isn't everyone on the same road? What's below the distinguished road?
The extinguished road, obviously :D

I was once infamous around these parts. What happened, am I merely famous now? :(

Swish
08-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Maybe if you had 23 points like me you wouldn't feel that way:p (or maybe not)

NP:

That's the way it works.

Swish

Mr MidFi
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Well...at least I haven't done anything to have points taken away. Yet.

Feel free to pity-click my rep icon anyway. My fragile self-esteem could always use the empty gesture of support.

3-LockBox
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Feel free to pity-click my rep icon anyway. My fragile self-esteem could always use the empty gesture of support.

Check your rating again...you should have at least one pity click extra :)

PeruvianSkies
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Where does it tell everyones score? I can see the listing that ranks everyone, but it doesn't show the actual numbers....some people might be tied.

Mr MidFi
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Check your rating again...you should have at least one pity click extra :)

And you as well, my tri-lockified amigo!

PeruvianSkies
08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Anyone know who has the lowest reputation???? Geee I wonder.

Swish
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
Anyone know who has the lowest reputation???? Geee I wonder.

...I have 8, so I can't be at the bottom of the heap. Not like I don't deserve it, but I'll take whatever minor accomplishments I can get.

G Swish

PeruvianSkies
08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
...I have 8, so I can't be at the bottom of the heap. Not like I don't deserve it, but I'll take whatever minor accomplishments I can get.

G Swish

No you are nowhere near the bottom...the person I am thinking of has a flaming red chicklet.

paper warrior
08-26-2007, 06:52 PM

Wow! you mean I have 10 points???

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM

G Swish

So we all start with 10 points but you're down to 8? Hmmm. You must've pissed someone off and gotten a bad rep. I can't imagine that happening. :skep:

Davey
08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow! you mean I have 10 points???
No, you seem to have made a wrong turn and missed the distinguished road, though it is something to be infamous too ...

I think they use a formula based on your post count, how long you have been a member, and stuff like that to determine what your default value is, and the same applies to how much weight the person rating your post has. Like, you could rate my post but it probably wouldn't count, whereas if FA nicked me I'd drop a bunch.

GMichael
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
RR members need love too. Pitty clicks all around.

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2007, 12:42 PM
No, you seem to have made a wrong turn and missed the distinguished road, though it is something to be infamous too ...

I think they use a formula based on your post count, how long you have been a member, and stuff like that to determine what your default value is, and the same applies to how much weight the person rating your post has. Like, you could rate my post but it probably wouldn't count, whereas if FA nicked me I'd drop a bunch.

[dark, spooky music]MWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA![/dark,spooky music]

Snowbunny
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Is there a top-ten list or something I can look at? This has the potential of being a fun option! I can see a Progger v. Indie battle brewing...

paper warrior
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
what's "RR"? where am I???

GMichael
08-28-2007, 05:09 AM
what's "RR"? where am I???

It's the 3rd rock from a star called Sol. We like to call it Earth.

Davey
09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, 45 points! My reputation is above ground now. You guys are making me feel all clammy inside :skep:

Probably a backlash waiting to happen, but here's the proof that I was once a well respected man (comments removed to protect the innocent) ...

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rep.gif

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
So Davey, I see you like New Castle Brown Ale. What do you like about it? :lol:

(I love these threads)

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Here's a good trivia question for all you RR's: Who do you think has this reputation?

"________ has a little shameless behaviour in the past".

GMichael
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's a good trivia question for all you RR's: Who do you think has this reputation?

"________ has a little shameless behaviour in the past".

I think he has received a few greenies as this is a step up from

"________ can only hope to improve."

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Really? I thought the "...shameless behaviour..." rep as as low as you could go. Well blow me down!

GMichael
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Really? I thought the "...shameless behaviour..." rep as as low as you could go. Well blow me down!

Who can tell?

As for the second half of your statement, NO!

Rich-n-Texas
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Who can tell?
Only one person I know of...

(Hint: He & PS are best buddies! :lol: )

dingus
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
i think a rep system introduces potential for more problems than actual usefulness. better to get to know the people you rely on.