Here the new Ann Wilson? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here the new Ann Wilson?

Mr Peabody
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I heard a cut from Ann Wilson's new cover album yesterday. It was a cover of Zepplin's, Imigrant Song. It was a great cover. She pretty much re-worked it and made it her own song. I'm going to have to take a look at this album to see what else is on it. If more tracks are as good as this one, it's worth picking up.

musicman1999
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
She also covers Darkness Darkness by Robert Plant.She seems to like Zep and their music,Heart has played several Zep tunes live and John Paul Jones produced their acoustic live album and he sat in on several tunes.Its called The Road Home and is outstanding.I sampled several cuts of Amazon and it sounds good,some duets with country ladies and Elton John on one track.

bill

Mr Peabody
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I wondered out to Amazon too. The samples did sound good. Did you see which album they were trying to get you to "buy together with"? The Robert Plant & Alison Kraus. They have samples for it as well. I didn't care for it much though.

musicman1999
08-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I missed that link.Not good is it?I sort of wondered a bit when i heard that project announced.Thought it a strange combo.

bill