I Wish I Would Have Known!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I Would Have Known!!!

PeruvianSkies
08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Ok, Here is a great question that will hopefully generate some good responses....

Name an album that you wish that you would have bought sooner than you did, because once you bought it you realized how awesome/great/etc etc that it is and you kick yourself for not getting it earlier. Also include the amount of time that passed between it's initial release and when you finally bought it or heard it.

Mine would have to be Paloalto's debut album, which came out in 2000 and I finally heard halfway through 2003. Shame on me.

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre300/e307/e30785574cm.jpg

kexodusc
08-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (and I guess "Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, which I got at the same time) was probably the most interesting band/album(s) I stumbled upon since finding Porcupine Tree's "Signify" back in 2000 or so.
I don't really have anything else even close to their sound. The whole comic book concept/storyline is a bit tough to follow, but it's pretty cool and the music's great.

GMichael
08-19-2007, 06:14 AM
I didn't buy Rush's first album until 1976. I had to go back and get Fly By Night, Caress of Steel and 2112 that same day. All The World's A Stage came out a few months later.

Also didn't buy any Genisis until a couple of years ago. Back in the 70's I thought of them as kind of a whimpy band. Boy was I wrong.

Rich-n-Texas
08-20-2007, 04:51 AM
I have two. One old and one not so old:

Patti Smith HORSES. Originally released in '75. About 30 years passed before I brought her poetry and music back into my life. I've already told that story though.
Pink Floyd THE DIVISION BELL. Originally released in '94. I bought it 13 years later, after watching the PULSE DVD (recommended by someone here) and during the song "Take It Back" I remembered that I really enjoyed that piece and just had to find out what album it came from. TDB is now part of my Friday night lineup which is spun after my Patti Smith compilation. Pink Floyd has had a profound influence on my musical tastes, and David Gilmore's voice just has a very "soothing" effect, I suppose you could say.

PeruvianSkies
08-20-2007, 08:20 AM
I have two. One old and one not so old:

Patti Smith HORSES. Originally released in '75. About 30 years passed before I brought her poetry and music back into my life. I've already told that story though.
Pink Floyd THE DIVISION BELL. Originally released in '94. I bought it 13 years later, after watching the PULSE DVD (recommended by someone here) and during the song "Take It Back" I remembered that I really enjoyed that piece and just had to find out what album it came from. TDB is now part of my Friday night lineup which is spun after my Patti Smith compilation. Pink Floyd has had a profound influence on my musical tastes, and David Gilmore's voice just has a very "soothing" effect, I suppose you could say.

I don't know why critics hate THE DIVISION BELL so much, in my opinion tracks like A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM, WEARING THE INSIDE OUT, and HIGH HOPES are extraordinary tracks and 2 of them are just fantastic on PULSE, in fact the live version of HIGH HOPES is superior to the studio version if you ask me.

Rich-n-Texas
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't either but to tell you the truth, "...Inside Out" is my least favorite on the CD, but all tracks after it get my undivided attention. I do agree though that those same songs played live at the Earl's Court in London back in '94 were fantastic. David Gilmore didn't miss a note either IMO.

PeruvianSkies
08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't either but to tell you the truth, "...Inside Out" is my least favorite on the CD, but all tracks after it get my undivided attention. I do agree though that those same songs played live at the Earl's Court in London back in '94 were fantastic. David Gilmore didn't miss a note either IMO.

That guitar solo on HIGH HOPES is just sick!!!!!!

Rich-n-Texas
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I realize this is probably more the end result of great production, but with every note he played on his guitars, I became more and more mesmerized. So little effort needed to wail the notes throughout the entire hall. What it must've been like to be there for that show...

(Think I know what's on TV tonite :thumbsup: )