Pagan Jimbo... J/C...and other RRers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pagan Jimbo... J/C...and other RRers

audiobill
08-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey Jim and other RRers,

Privacy can be an issue these days. Look what appears on the advertisers' section below the Main Forums page:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Featured Resources
Find Jim Clark, Only $9.95
Get address and phone number for $9.95, or get a complete background check for only $39.95.
http://www.peoplefinders.com

1000 Home Theater Systems, Great Prices
Klipsch, Acoustech, Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity and more to pick from. Full warranties - shop and compare.
http://www.sounddistributors.com

home theater how to
home theater how to & More. 100,000 Stores. Deals. Reviews.
http://shopping.yahoo.com

The Mega Low price Outlethome theater
Electronics, hotels, tickets, apparels and many more up to 80% off.
http://www.broslink.com

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm sure you didn't place your name in the first ad, Jim?? or did ya?? Pretty scary how these adds work.

Don't ya think??

audiobill

unleasHell
08-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Jim and other RRers,

Privacy can be an issue these days. Look what appears on the advertisers' section below the Main Forums page:

Featured Resources
Find Jim Clark, Only $9.95
Get address and phone number for $9.95, or get a complete background check for only $39.95.
http://www.peoplefinders.com

I'm sure you didn't place your name in the first ad, Jim?? or did ya?? Pretty scary how these adds work.

Don't ya think??

audiobill

I will find you Jim Clark for $4.95!

Jim Clark
08-18-2007, 12:16 PM
uh, no I didn't place myself in that ad! I didn't think I was that hard to find, half the folks here know my address.

Rae mentioned this a while back, I kind of blew it off. It is however a bit unsettling if you think about it too much. Luckily there are about a million Jim Clarks, even around here : )

I hate to give the joint a plug, but with the information I provide here, I can be found and my personal information purchased. Time to change a few things I'm afraid.

I've flagged this thread and asked the powers that be to change that ad. I've also removed my location from my profile. We'll see what happens.

Regards,
jc

PeruvianSkies
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
PAGAN

Everybody has their favorite definition of the word "Pagan." Most people are convinced that their meaning is the correct one. But no consensus exists, even within a single faith tradition or religion as to the "correct" definition of "Pagan." The same problem happens with the definition of "Christianity," and probably with many other religions.

Origin of the term:

There is general agreement that the word "Pagan" comes from the Latin word "paganus." Unfortunately, there is no consensus on the precise meaning of the word in the fifth century CE and before. There are three main interpretations. 16 None has won general acceptance:

PAGING on the other hand means to summon someone, typically by their name over a public address system as a means to pass on a message, also can be used by means of a pager.

Swish
08-19-2007, 11:18 AM
PAGAN

Everybody has their favorite definition of the word "Pagan." Most people are convinced that their meaning is the correct one. But no consensus exists, even within a single faith tradition or religion as to the "correct" definition of "Pagan." The same problem happens with the definition of "Christianity," and probably with many other religions.

Origin of the term:

There is general agreement that the word "Pagan" comes from the Latin word "paganus." Unfortunately, there is no consensus on the precise meaning of the word in the fifth century CE and before. There are three main interpretations. 16 None has won general acceptance:

PAGING on the other hand means to summon someone, typically by their name over a public address system as a means to pass on a message, also can be used by means of a pager.

Finchy typed it by mistake one time, and we never let him forget it...at least I think it was Finch. Just like the time JC typed 'busying your balls' instead of busting. We never let him forget that one either.

Swish

audiobill
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Finchy typed it by mistake one time, and we never let him forget it...at least I think it was Finch. Just like the time JC typed 'busying your balls' instead of busting. We never let him forget that one either.

Swish

Thanks Swish. That's write. It's a joke. Like Dood what r u thinkin??

BTW., I hope this helps ya out JC.

Cheers,

audiobill

Finch Platte
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Swish

I beg your pardon. I spelled it like that on purpose.

I can't believe you thought I would make a misteak like that. :mad5:

fp

PeruvianSkies
08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
I beg your pardon. I spelled it like that on purpose.

I can't believe you thought I would make a misteak like that. :mad5:

fp

I thought you spelled it like that on porpoise?

Swish
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I thought you spelled it like that on porpoise?

Eye hait wen hee doz thatt kin dove stuf.

Sweesh