classis tunes- the ones that git everytime [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : classis tunes- the ones that git everytime

jim goulding
08-18-2007, 08:53 AM
You know, they just got somethin that gets your mojo everytime you hear them on the radio or whatever . .

I got several but for starters how about "Jumpin Jack Flash". Just can't ignore that riff. Or, "Hold on, I'm Comin". James Brown and such. Anybody?

Mr Peabody
08-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I posted these on the "Jam" thread but they are killer Classics

Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Coming
Elvis - Suspicious Minds
Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

PeruvianSkies
08-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I posted these on the "Jam" thread but they are killer Classics

Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Coming
Elvis - Suspicious Minds
Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Good call on SUSPICIOUS MINDS, how about THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT (Mbube)...I don't know why, but that is one of the most unique songs ever written.

ForeverAutumn
08-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Rush - Tom Sawyer. That tune gets the blood rushing each and every time I hear it.

Mr Peabody
08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Rush - Tom Sawyer. That tune gets the blood rushing each and every time I hear it.

You must have good circulation then, because that song gets a lot of radio play.

BradH
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
You know, they just got somethin that gets your mojo everytime you hear them on the radio or whatever . .

Yep, on the radio or whatever. When I hear this I literally have to stop what I'm doing and lift my jaw up off the floor. After 37 years of hearing, too.

Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

kexodusc
08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I can be seen singing "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard in my car when I hear it on the radio...Or Midnight Oil's "My Country".

Rich-n-Texas
08-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Patti Smith: G-L-O-R-I-A!!! Every Friday on the way home from work. I could charge admission for the show I put on in my car on the expressway!

PeruvianSkies
08-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Patti Smith: G-L-O-R-I-A!!! Every Friday on the way home from work. I could charge admission for the show I put on in my car on the expressway!

Ok, this show you put on..are you talking about the singing or your dance moves? You are starting to worry me Rich.

Did you get your dance moves from this guy by chance...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIkpLXeU2fA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIkpLXeU2fA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Rich-n-Texas
08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
No! I got my dance moves from Elaine on Seinfeld!

And... I could never get my hair to grow that way anyway.

Slosh
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
What is this radio thing you speak of?