switchable voltage tap [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums


View Full Version : switchable voltage tap

08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
can someone tell me what the heck the 70 volt switch thing is on these speakers, here is the link


my dad bought them and i saw the back and dont know what it is.........

08-17-2007, 05:43 AM
While the speakers themselves are 8 ohms, that 70 volt transformer allows them to be driven by Public Address type amplifers that output a standard 70 volt signal. This is quite common for PA use when many, many speakers are being driven by one amplifier.

08-17-2007, 07:57 AM
so this should be set what voltage on that dial if im hooking them up to a stereo receiver,

08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
thanks guys, now i see that there is a switch to set it at 8ohm or all of those other voltages, i got it now, just put the dial to 8ohms...thanks....................... learn something new everday