J.J. Abrams knows how to create buzz [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Abrams knows how to create buzz

ForeverAutumn
08-12-2007, 05:23 AM
So, how come none of you guys who saw Transformers are talking about this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzfNQkwwT3c).

When we went out for coffee after Transformers last night, This trailer was all we could talk about. Speculation ran rampant. And the friends that we were with are not Lost or Buffy fans and so didn't even really know who J.J. Abrams was. They were just intrigued by this brilliant trailer with no movie title. Which I now know (after a little research) is being filmed under the codename Cloverfield.

We probably saw four trailers in all, but this was only one that anyone wanted to talk about.

kexodusc
08-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Thought it was old news...Guess it slipped our minds.
Yeah, it's a great idea - the whole create a buzz by making a mystery campaign - clever.
Except there's too few clues right now for me too care at all, which ruins the effectiveness.
This is how you set yourself up for failure - the payoff better be incredible.

Gerald Cooperberg
08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
...the friends that we were with are not Lost or Buffy fans and so didn't even really know who J.J. Abrams was...

J.J. Abrams did Lost and Alias, but not Buffy. I think you are thinking of Joss Whedon on that one.

No sound on the computers here at work so I'll have to wait to watch that YouTube video. You've piqued my curiosity, though.

-Coop

ForeverAutumn
08-13-2007, 04:17 AM
J.J. Abrams did Lost and Alias, but not Buffy. I think you are thinking of Joss Whedon on that one.

No sound on the computers here at work so I'll have to wait to watch that YouTube video. You've piqued my curiosity, though.

-Coop

Thanks for the correction. I meant Alias, not Buffy.

topspeed
08-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Honestly, I was so jazzed by the Transformers movie, I forgot about that trailer until now. I'm with Kex, too little info for me to care. I will say my kids said, "Daddy, I don't want to see that movie." :lol:

SlumpBuster
08-15-2007, 10:36 AM
As I watched the trailer, I couldn't see the comments, but apparently I wasn't the only one thinking Godzilla 2. But the interesting comments where the ones suggesting Rampage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_%28arcade_game%29).

Looks like the kinda movie I enjoy though. But you have to remember that the Transformers got its buzz by hooking into the fantasies of our childhood. Now if we could only get a good live action GI Joe movie - then all would be right with the world. :D

kexodusc
08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Now if we could only get a good live action GI Joe movie - then all would be right with the world. :D
You took the words out of my mouth...

With - Jasan Statham as "Destro"