Bookshelf Speakers Budget £300, Need Some Advice. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bookshelf Speakers Budget £300, Need Some Advice.

-=PLuKE=-
08-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi, I am looking to upgrade from my (slightly out of date now) Kef Cresta 2. Are house is a new style house so in my bedroom i have two dry lined walls which my speakers, amp, and PJ screen is on. Now am looking for something forward facing ports to stop the booming from the wall. I listen to all sorts of music really, From Coldplay to hardcore metal stuff and everything in between. So am looking for something thats going to have deep base and a good midrange at lowish volume levels. My budget is TOP LINE £300! as am skint at the mo.

I have been looking at the Mission M32i and the Kef iQ1's

BTW driving them is a Teac AH300.

Thanks

Luke

PeruvianSkies
08-12-2007, 03:21 AM
My advice is demo a few and see what works best for you. Everyone on here can rattle off make, model, and serial number, but that isn't going to amount to a whole lot since we aren't the ones that are going to have to listen to it, pay for it, or appreciate it.

Feanor
08-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi, I am looking to upgrade from my (slightly out of date now) Kef Cresta 2. Are house is a new style house so in my bedroom i have two dry lined walls which my speakers, amp, and PJ screen is on. Now am looking for something forward facing ports to stop the booming from the wall. I listen to all sorts of music really, From Coldplay to hardcore metal stuff and everything in between. So am looking for something thats going to have deep base and a good midrange at lowish volume levels. My budget is TOP LINE £300! as am skint at the mo.

I have been looking at the Mission M32i and the Kef iQ1's

BTW driving them is a Teac AH300.

Thanks

Luke

But if you're in the UK, you've got a lot of choice in speakers in that range I believe. I'd check out models from Quad, Monitor Audio, Wharfdale, for a start.

PeruvianSkies
08-12-2007, 03:34 AM
But if you're in the UK, you've got a lot of choice in speakers in that range I believe. I'd check out models from Quad, Monitor Audio, Wharfdale, for a start.

As well as ProAc.

RoyY51
08-12-2007, 03:43 AM
I would recommend that you take a look at Monitor Audio's Bronze series. I have the B2's and have been very satisfied with them. They are front-ported, have 42 hz extension on the bottom end, smooth treble, and a gorgeous mid-range. I paid $300 per pair at DMC Electronics.

Definitely worth an audition. Good luck!

-=PLuKE=-
08-12-2007, 06:04 AM
I understand i should go and listen to them, But am just asking what are decent speakers for around £300 or ($600) top of my price range. Then from there i can go and listen to them at my local Hi Fi places. My main thing is front port speakers to stop the booming.

Luke