Sam Raimi: Best Film (yep another poll!) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sam Raimi: Best Film (yep another poll!)

PeruvianSkies
08-11-2007, 09:00 PM
From low-brow low budget cheesy 'dead' movies to Spidey...which film do you think is Sam Raimi's crowning achievement???

Attached is a picture from years ago when I was promoting Bruce Campbell's book IF CHINS COULD KILL. Got to eat some hot dogs with him....awesome awesome guy. He signed every single thing that everyone brought at the signing, answered every question, was insanely funny the entire time, and just a cool guy!

Smokey
08-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Sam Raimi seem like a cool guy to hang out with. In the Behind the Scene feature on Spiderman DVD, he is walking around with that old fashion oversize suit (what up with that suit?) and being friendly and joking with everybody.

For his best movie, my pick would be Spider man as one of the best superhero movie ever made. My only complaint about his Spider man movies are injecting romance where it is not called for.

PeruvianSkies
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I went for ARMY OF DARKNESS....rarely does the third installment actual get better, but I just found this film to be the pinnacle of the series. It's incredibly funny and Campbell is just living it up!

Gerald Cooperberg
08-14-2007, 01:49 PM
My only complaint about his Spider man movies are injecting romance where it is not called for.

There's nothing wrong with love.

-Coop

PeruvianSkies
08-16-2007, 06:00 PM
We need more votes...thus far ARMY is ahead by just a tad.

Robert-The-Rambler
08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I was going to vote for Darkman because of its originality but Army of Darkness is Sam at his best before he was given the resources to make big budget films. The jokes are hilarious and the one liners are memorable like, "Honey, you got real ugly" or, "Give me some sugar baby." Seeing Evil Dead 1 and 2 will definitely help with the jokes.The movie can be watched numerous times and I like the fact that it is under 90 minutes. You laugh your ass off and never get bored. Shop smart!!!! Shop S-Mart!!! You got that!!!

PeruvianSkies
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I was going to vote for Darkman because of its originality but Army of Darkness is Sam at his best before he was given the resources to make big budget films. The jokes are hilarious and the one liners are memorable like, "Honey, you got real ugly" or, "Give me some sugar baby." Seeing Evil Dead 1 and 2 will definitely help with the jokes.The movie can be watched numerous times and I like the fact that it is under 90 minutes. You laugh your ass off and never get bored. Shop smart!!!! Shop S-Mart!!! You got that!!!

Well said...keep on ramblin'!