Help with an old Pioneer SX-212 reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with an old Pioneer SX-212 reciever

Aaron G
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Over the last year I've lived in my current home, I've occasionally used my old Pioneer SX-212 stereo reciever to listen to old 8-tracks. I have four old speakers, two small EPI's and two larger Sony's, connected to the reciever, and when I turned it on today I found I only had sound coming out of the right speakers. I opened up the reciever and blew out the loose dust, and saw no obvious problems. Any clue what could be wrong?

DrGonzo007
08-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Hello,
i am sorry but i dont know the problem but i could offer you an other pioneer sx 212. I found it in my grandmother's house. she doesnt need it anymore, so i took it to sell it on ebay. It is definitely working with a cd player or other external devices. i am not sure about the fm reciever. it looks like that its working, but i couldnt test it with an antenne. So i couldnt find a station but the speakers react on changing the frequency. It is in very good optical conditions. I rekkon my grandma didnot use it very often.

Are you interested? Maybe you can use parts from my reciever to repair yours. Were do you live?

regards Friedy

Aaron G
08-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I appreciate your kind offer Friedy. My dad lives about 45 minutes away and came down and tweaked a few things inside, and it's working fine again. Thank you for your concern. :)