New Poll, Best "Cartoon Cat" T.V. Division [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Poll, Best "Cartoon Cat" T.V. Division

Worf101
08-10-2007, 05:39 AM
I think that there've been more Cartoon Cats than almost any animated animal on tube or screen. Today we decide the T.V. Division Champ. Lemme know what ya think.

Da Worfster

kexodusc
08-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Hard to argue against Tom (and Jerry), but honorable mention goes to Azriel of Gargamel/Smuf fame...he was badass.

Worf101
08-10-2007, 05:55 AM
What part of TELEVISION don't you understand. Tom of Tom and Jerry, is clearly MGM movie stock heritage. Wake up man!!!! You EEEEDIOT!!! STIMPY you FOOOL!!! I'M GOING TO HURT YOU SOOO BAD!!!

Sorry, I lost myself for a second.

Da Worfster

Worf101
08-10-2007, 06:04 AM
I can't help it, I love that goofy drooling cat.

Other's that almost made the list but didn't.

"Kimba the White Lion" - Japan in Da House!!

"Heatcliff" - Pretty good but not great.

"Catwoman" - But nah...

"SWAT CATS" - Pheh... too stinky...

"Cool Cat" - If you call yourself cool, you obviously aren't

"Eeek The Cat" - Almost but not quite.

"Battlecat" - All you He-Man freaks get off my back.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 06:21 AM
What about Sylvester? "Thufferin Thucotath!!!"

#A: Mr. Jinx... I HATE MESEES TO PEECES!!!
#B: Sylvester... the poor slob. Couldn't even whoop up on Granny!
#C: Courageous Kat... vagely remember that one. Wasn't Minute Mouse his sidekick?
#D: Felix the Cat... more nostalgic than anything else
#E: Snagglepuss... Exit, stage left!
#F: Top Cat... yeah, he's cooooool
#G: And last but not least: Fritz the Cat... XXX :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2007, 06:30 AM
After your outburst towards Kex, I don't dare mention the Pink Panther (my alltime fave). I chose Snagglepuss. When I was a kid Snagglepuss would send me into fits of giggles.

Troy
08-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Stimpy all the way.

Let me torture you with the Kimba theme:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nur_fWvG4MM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nur_fWvG4MM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

kexodusc
08-10-2007, 06:35 AM
What part of TELEVISION don't you understand. Tom of Tom and Jerry, is clearly MGM movie stock heritage. Wake up man!!!! You EEEEDIOT!!! STIMPY you FOOOL!!! I'M GOING TO HURT YOU SOOO BAD!!!

Da Worfster
Sorry, oldtimer, some of us weren't around back when the ark was still offering free cruises for time-share promos...all I remember is a lot of great Tom & Jerry TV shows :D

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
He's grouchy in the morning ain't he. :rolleyes:

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 06:38 AM
I think only little girls liked Kimba...

kexodusc
08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
He's grouchy in the morning ain't he. :rolleyes:
He's just funnin' wit' me....
If he was mad - you'd know! :cornut:

GMichael
08-10-2007, 07:26 AM

I must have been a little girl back then.

I liked so many of the choices, it's hard to pick the one I liked the most.

Top cat was the best way back then for me, but seems kinda cheesy now. Same for Felix, even though he was about as cool as your average geek.
I hated Courageous Kat, mostly because my sister loved him. I always routed for the frog.
I liked laughing at Snagglepuss. How many lumps? Oh, I'll take three...WHAM WHAM WHAM!
Catwoman? Which one?
Stimpy was just dumb as a stump.
How about Punkin'Puss? Was he on the list?

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Stimpy all the way.

I didn't even know that Stimpy was a cat. :nonod:

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 07:38 AM
I must have been a little girl back then.
If you say so.

A gal who I've been friends with for many years now uses kimba in her e-mail address. It's very distinctive looking in my address book.

Worf101
08-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Sigh... well she's Canadian, what can I say... Too busy snowshooin' and playin' hockey...

Da Worfster

Troy
08-10-2007, 08:02 AM

But he used "Gritty Kitty Cat Litter" because he liked the way it tasted.

I love how his voice was styled after Larry Fine of the Stooges. "Dahhhhhh, oookay Ren"

Worf101
08-10-2007, 08:03 AM
What about Sylvester? "Thufferin Thucotath!!!"

#A: Mr. Jinx... I HATE MESEES TO PEECES!!!
#B: Sylvester... the poor slob. Couldn't even whoop up on Granny!
#C: Courageous Kat... vagely remember that one. Wasn't Minute Mouse his sidekick?
#D: Felix the Cat... more nostalgic than anything else
#E: Snagglepuss... Exit, stage left!
#F: Top Cat... yeah, he's cooooool
#G: And last but not least: Fritz the Cat... XXX :ihih:

See my response to Kex, Sylvester was clearly a Warner Bros. Cartoon from the Big Screen, he'll be considered in a LATER POLL!!!!!

Ye gads I'm dealin' wif idiots here this mornin'!!!!! ARRRRRGH!!!!

Just funin...

Da Worfster

Troy
08-10-2007, 08:03 AM

Yep, it was definitely cutesy-poo for girls. My wife loved it.

But I DO love that cheesy theme song!

JSE
08-10-2007, 08:13 AM
At the risk of being "Kex-Flamed" because I'm to young and not knowledgeable enough....

How the "HE - Double Hockey Sticks" could you not include Sylvester! :incazzato:

He wins by a landslide IMO.

Prepare for a a Whoopin Mr. Worf! :cryin: :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
See my response to Kex, Sylvester was clearly a Warner Bros. Cartoon from the Big Screen, he'll be considered in a LATER POLL!!!!!

Ye gads I'm dealin' wif idiots here this mornin'!!!!! ARRRRRGH!!!!

Just funin...

Da Worfster
Coulda sworn Snagglepuss was also a WB cartoon. Maybe not.:idea:

How the "HE - Double Hockey Sticks" could you not include Sylvester!
Now there's a trivia question for ya: What is the origin of that expression? A cartoon?

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Tell ya what though Worf, I still have very clear memories of watching Bugs Bunny cartoons at the movie theater back in the 60's. And Cartoon Corners General Store was "must-see TV" on Saturday mornings in the house I grew up in.

kexodusc
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
At the risk of being "Kex-Flamed" because I'm to young and not knowledgeable enough....

ROLFMAO! Ain't no flamin' like a Kex-flamin' from a big angry Klingon!

GMichael
08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Now there's a trivia question for ya: What is the origin of that expression? A cartoon?

Happy Days?

Rich-n-Texas
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I think it pre-dates Happy Days, but yeah, I can believe it having been spoken on that show. Sounds like something Richie would say.

Worf101
08-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Coulda sworn Snagglepuss was also a WB cartoon. Maybe not.:idea:

The character you're referring to is Pete Puma.

No, old movie I believe...

Da Worfster

Worf101
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM

How the "HE - Double Hockey Sticks" could you not include Sylvester! :incazzato:

He wins by a landslide IMO.

Prepare for a a Whoopin Mr. Worf! :cryin: :ihih:
Syvester, 1945, Warner Brothers Cartoon on the Big Screen. Google son, the internet is your friend. Television means Television, not old shown in the theatre cartoons reshown on Sat. Morning. No whoppin's called for...

Da Worfster

JSE
08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Happy Days?

I know Ned Flanders says it a lot. :biggrin5:

kelsci
08-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Clarence the Cross-Eyed-Lion; naw, actually Snagglepuss.

Woochifer
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM

Da Worfster

:lol: I had Tom on the brain as well, until I read the fine print and decided that Da Worfster shouldn't have to endure more grief on my behalf!

Given that for years I've been using John K characters for my avatar, of course I HAVE TO go with Stimpy - inventor of the Happy Helmet! Stimpy's Invention is one of the greatest (if not the greatest) TV cartoons ever.

Stinky Wizzleteats - "I told you I'd shoot! But, you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!"

Worf101
08-15-2007, 05:06 AM
:lol: I had Tom on the brain as well, until I read the fine print and decided that Da Worfster shouldn't have to endure more grief on my behalf!

Given that for years I've been using John K characters for my avatar, of course I HAVE TO go with Stimpy - inventor of the Happy Helmet! Stimpy's Invention is one of the greatest (if not the greatest) TV cartoons ever.

Stinky Wizzleteats - "I told you I'd shoot! But, you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!"
Without a doubt the most subversive cartoon ever foisted on American Youth. Takes the crown formerly held by "Rocky and Bullwinkle" by a mile. Ah... I love it so...

Da Worfster

PS - Stinky Wizzleteats line that you quote was originally uttered by Burl Ives in "The Big Country" after he'd shot his low down snake of a son played by Chuck (Da Rifleman) Connors. My don't I love it.