Immortal Beloved Blu-ray... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Beloved Blu-ray...

PeruvianSkies
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Sony has issued the 1994 IMMORTAL BELOVED onto the Blu-ray format recently and there is something interesting about it...

This is the first Blu-ray issued with ONLY Dolby TrueHD sound as the only soundtrack and because of that fact it ranks as one of the best Blu-ray discs for sound alone. It plays out similarly to what a DVD-Audio of the films soundtrack would, so fans of the score for this film will certainly want to get this Blu-ray disc!

musicman1999
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I enjoyed this film very much on dvd and will see it once i make the move to blu ray.I read a couple of online reviews,both said the video was only very good and the audio was excellent although Dolby Truehd is lossless version of the pcm track,so it really should not be any better than a uncompressed pcm track,just takes up less space.That said the "ode to joy"scene should be great.

bill

PeruvianSkies
08-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I enjoyed this film very much on dvd and will see it once i make the move to blu ray.I read a couple of online reviews,both said the video was only very good and the audio was excellent although Dolby Truehd is lossless version of the pcm track,so it really should not be any better than a uncompressed pcm track,just takes up less space.That said the "ode to joy"scene should be great.

bill

What is interesting though is there are NO PCM tracks on this disc, it's just straight up TRUEHD 5.1.

That being said, this was always a title that I wanted to see as a Superbit, but that never happened, instead we got such 'classics' like A KNIGHTS TALE, JOHN CARPENTERS VAMPIRES, and VERTICAL LIMIT. Yawn.

musicman1999
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I checked on the blu-ray.com site and they show it as 5.1 pcm,but no matter the reviews said it sounded great.They also show a list of upcoming releases and 2001 is on the list for October with 5.1 pcm,should be fabulous.I may soon have to get one of those things.

bill

PeruvianSkies
08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I checked on the blu-ray.com site and they show it as 5.1 pcm,but no matter the reviews said it sounded great.They also show a list of upcoming releases and 2001 is on the list for October with 5.1 pcm,should be fabulous.I may soon have to get one of those things.

bill

According to my friend who just reviewed the Blu-ray for his site he says that there are only 2 audio choices: English TrueHD 5.1 and French TrueHD 5.1. That's it.