Interesting remasters in April [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting remasters in April

DPM
02-23-2004, 11:11 PM
March and April are looking like good months for picking up some decent remasters. First, Porcupine Tree will make their hi-rez debut with a DVD audio version of In Absentia. It will be released in early March. Personally, I think that this could be really cool. Gravity Eyelids in surround alone will be worth the price of admission.

In April, the next batch of Tull disks is coming out. The titles are Bursting Out, Stormwatch and A. That last one will also include a DVD of the long-out-of-print VHS, Slipstream. There will be no surruond mix though. Just stereo folks.

Finally, two remasters of Deep Purple's Burn album will hit store shelves. One will be a regular CD while the other will be a DVD audio disk. Hmm. Which one to buy. Anyway, I've been waiting for this one a long time. The current version on CD really sucks. (Stormbringer is lined up for reissue next year. They found the master tapes a few months back.)

Dave M

BarryL
02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Yes remasters including Drama!!

I also seem to recall that there weill be Nektar remasters also coming in March or April.