OT: Any other IPSC shooter here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any other IPSC shooter here?

Demetrio
08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Just wondering if some of you guys also like practical shooting.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

unleasHell
08-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Hey D, you sent me an email asking about photography and it got automatically deleted before I could answer it, please reesnd or ask me here...

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2007, 07:24 AM
What is IPSC shooting?

Demetrio
08-04-2007, 08:33 AM
What is IPSC shooting?

Hey, FA, more info here:

http://www.ipsc.org/ipsc.htm

Some other sources:

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/

Cheers,
Demetrio.

ForeverAutumn
08-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Thanks D. I've never fired, or even held a gun in my life. But I've always wanted to go to a shooting range to see what it feels like.

I used to have a personal trainer who was a cop. I wanted to ask him whether there was someplace that I could go and if he would take me. But the gym was sold and we went on our separate ways before I got around to asking.

Feanor
08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Just wondering if some of you guys also like practical shooting.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

Hi, Demetrio,

I've never done IPSC, but I did pop off the odd round in previous years. I haven't done much for 4-5 years but I'd like to do a little shooting on a casual basis. It's pretty tightly controlled up north in Canada.
Paraordnance P16-40 and Smith & Wesson Model 15 modified with Model 14 barrel:

Demetrio
08-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, Bill, that Para-Ordnance P-16 is so beautiful. I owned a Para-Ordnance P-14 (45 ACP), with which I shot IPSC Standard Division until some time ago, then I changed for Production Division and today I shot with a Glock 17 (9mm).

If you like shooting you should get into IPSC as well, it's very fun and organized. Come on and let's join those two forums whose links I posted above.

Best regards,
Demetrio.

Feanor
08-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey, Bill, that Para-Ordnance P-16 is so beautiful. I owned a Para-Ordnance P-14 (45 ACP), with which I shot IPSC Standard Division until some time ago, then I changed for Production Division and today I shot with a Glock 17 (9mm).

If you like shooting you should get into IPSC as well, it's very fun and organized. Come on and let's join those two forums whose links I posted above.

Best regards,
Demetrio.

I'll check Canadian affiliates carefully and if there nearby groups, who knows? I have a significant physical limitation these days in the form of degenerate disks in my neck that cause a lot of pain there and in my shoulder muscles, so it might be too late from me to take up IPSC.

I had Glock, Model 23, .40 S&W, with a 4" barrel. I liked that gun a lot, but I sold it after the Canadian government, in its wisdom, classed barrels under 10.5 cm prohibitted -- I think I used the cash to by hi-fi equipments so it wasn't so bad! The Model 34, 9X19, with extented barrel would seem pretty ideal for IPSC.

SlumpBuster
08-05-2007, 03:40 PM
My response might sound like I'm taking the piss, but I'm not. I am an avid shooter, but IPSC is about 180 degrees opposit of the NMLRA (http://www.nmlra.org/) or National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.

My only handgun is a reproduction English Tower Pistol. Here's a pic of an original:
http://www.horstheld.com/Tower.jpg

I'm lucky to get two shots off in a minute and hit a pumpkin at 10 paces, since it has no sights. But at .69cal with the ability to load buckshot if you'd like, if you do manage to place your shot you are likely to destroy your target. Not the ideal in speed and accuracy though. :D

Dr Tool
08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I did it for 5 years in Houston 3 times a week Dillon 550 colt 45. comp.1993-1997 Started my own business and ran out of time for it. Love to shoot cowboy too.

JSE
08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Never shot competitively but I grew up on a cattle ranch in Texas so if you tell me what to hit, I'll hit it. From maybe 250 yds max. I used to pick off Coyote's at night with nothing but a spot light to light their eyes up.

My rifle of choice? Colt Sauer 300 mag. I know, overkill, but it got the job done and I was deadly accurate with it.

Rich-n-Texas
08-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Never shot competitively but I grew up on a cattle ranch in Texas so if you tell me what to hit, I'll hit it. From maybe 250 yds max. I used to pick off Coyote's at night with nothing but a spot light to light their eyes up.

My rifle of choice? Colt Sauer 300 mag. I know, overkill, but it got the job done and I was deadly accurate with it.
This former yankee could make all sorts of wisecracks about JSE's post, but he's got a bigger gun than me!!! :cornut:

I've got a 12 gauge that I used to hunt small game and deer with in Jersey when I was much youger, a Remington .22 pump which is a sweet plinking gun, and a Taurus 9mm handgun. It's the first handgun I've owned, but I regret purchasing it sometimes because it' a full size model. Too big.

I've never shot competitively either, but I did organize a small group when I was in a car club here where we'd go to the local indoor range and shoot on two-man teams. It was fun. That was about five years ago and I haven't fired my 9mm or my long guns since.

This topic's giving me the urge to go shoot something! :ihih: