Onkyo TX-SR505E [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo TX-SR505E

Orange
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
All,

First i want to say sorry for the poor english...i am from Holland and this explains a lot i hope :confused5:
I want to replace my 3 year old Yamaha for a receiver with HDMI.
Could you experts on this forum please inform me if it is wise to buy the Onkyo TX-SR505E ???

Thanks.

L.J.
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Step up to the Onkyo 605 or Yamaha 661.

GMichael
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
We sure do like to spend other people's money.

The reason LJ said, and I'm going to say, to step up a model is mostly because these models are easier to upgrade. They have the connections needed to add external amps etc. Much more versatile than that base models. Down the road you may want more power for bigger & better speakers. You could add external amps to these models and you're in business. With the base models, you might have trouble driving better speakers and would have to start all over from the beginning.

mastin
08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
All,

First i want to say sorry for the poor english...i am from Holland and this explains a lot i hope :confused5:
Could you experts on this forum please inform me if it is wise to buy the Onkyo TX-SR505E ???

Thanks.

hallo orange,

De tx-sr505 is de instapmodel van Onkyo en als je dan vanaf 70% je budget besteed aan goede luidsprekers dan heb je in iedere geval een zeer goede AV receiver die in belastbaarheid zeer hoog is..

Ik heb zelf dit model met JBL e-60 full range front speakers, e-25 centerspeaker en als surround 2x bose 201 II serie....Voor speelfilms/muziek (DVD's) een zeer goede combinatie. Veel bas, dus ik kan zonder subwoofer en later nogmaals 2x full range speakers als surround...

Wat HDMI betreft gebruik dan ook een dvd player/recorder met HDMI aansluiting maar wel met een coaxial/digital sound aansluiting daar de sr505 de sound/geluid NIET via de HDMI wordt gebruikt.
Voor video is het zeer goed bruikbaar maar gebruik ook zeer goede kabels/aansluitingen...
van zeer goede kwaliteit maar ze zijn wel duurder maar je ziethoort het verschil wel.
Koop by een speciaal video/hifi zaak of als je goedkoper wilt via internet...

nou veel succes met je toekomstige aankoop..

kexodusc
08-16-2007, 03:33 AM
All,

Thanks.
Hi Orange, welcome to ar.com.

First, don't apologize, I bet your english is much better than my Dutch. :)

I must also agree with LJ and GM,
You really do get quite a bit more receiver stepping up to the 605 and Yamaha RX-V661. If it means waiting a few more months to save the money, it is well worth it. Both these receivers share a lot of the same higher quality parts found in Onkyo and Yamaha's bigger receivers. Better quality throughout which should translate to better sound I don't think they are that much more expensive. Worth price difference, these 2 units are very good value.

Do you really need HDMI? Or can you get by using component video cables? Buying a new receiver just have HDMI is a bit expensive, and maybe not necessary?

GooseWashington
12-20-2023, 09:12 AM
Hej der, væddemål samfund! Hvis du finder en pålidelig bookmaker på din dagsorden, er site https://sportweddenschappen.tv/bookmakers/ løsningen. Den detaljerede liste over de bedste bookmakere, bonusoplysninger og små anmeldelser på væddemålsplatforme gør det til en one-stop-shop til alle dine væddemålsbehov. Løft dit sportsvæddemål spil med site!