Long weekend! WHOOOHOOOO!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

ForeverAutumn
08-03-2007, 07:19 AM
It's a long weekend here in Canuckland! I plan on spinning that new Spoon CD (which I finally picked-up) a few times to get familiar with it. After only one listen, my initial reaction is very positive.

No doubt I'll also be spinning some Crowded House (I'm not digging the new CD very much) and Dream Theater as I prepare for their concerts later this month.

And I think that some Bowie/Eno combos need to be added to the menu. I was at a friend's house last weekend, sitting outside watching the moon in the clouds and partaking in a few beverages when she put "side 2" of Low on. It's been years since I've listened to that and it made me nostalgic for Heroes...one of my favourite Bowie disks.

I also filled in a few gaps in my collection earlier this week with Tracy Chapman's debut album and Van Morrison's, Moondance (mostly for Into the Mystic, I love that song). I'm sure that I'll crack the plastic on those this weekend also.

I'm not sure what else will be spinning, but I plan to fill my time listening to lots of tunes as I relax for an extra day. :)

bobsticks
08-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the long weekend, FA. Not to rub it in but I'm ending the first week of an impromptu two week vacation. I looked at the calender and realized that I had accumulated a ridiculous amount of time and had only scheduled a break in October. No projects=tune time!

The line-up for the weekend includes Alejandro Escovedo, Junior Brown, Earl Hines & Jimmy Rushing, andSun Ra. I'll probably throw in a Mozart Clarinet Concerto that's been giving me some good listens this summer.

My catalogue is fairly light on Bowie. Maybe if I venture up north I'll check a bit out.

Peace, and enjoy yourself

jrhymeammo
08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Long weekend! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

I take you are a big fan of Bubb Rubb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lo9Km5HaU&mode=related&search=

JRA

PeruvianSkies
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I took a few hours tonight (and I am still taking them as I write this) and go through my SACD library of goodies while sippin' on some homebrew iced tea, Doritos, and David Bowie's ZIGGY STARDUST, Moody Blues DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED, and Depeche Mode's MUSIC FOR THE MASSES and A BROKEN FRAME.

Bernd
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
.....long weekend, FA. Enjoy.

Peace

:23:

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I took a few hours tonight (and I am still taking them as I write this) and go through my SACD library of goodies while sippin' on some homebrew iced tea, Doritos, and David Bowie's ZIGGY STARDUST, Moody Blues DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED, and Depeche Mode's MUSIC FOR THE MASSES and A BROKEN FRAME.

I spend some time with the Moody's myself, earlier this week. Only in my case it was In Search of the Lost Chord. Mine's not SACD though.

PeruvianSkies
08-04-2007, 09:03 AM
I spend some time with the Moody's myself, earlier this week. Only in my case it was In Search of the Lost Chord. Mine's not SACD though.

I do have that one as well on SACD, and TO OUR CHILDRENS CHIILDREN, but I am disappointed with the SACD's overall. While there is some clarity to these recordings, there is still some lacking depth overall. I still enjoy my DTS-CD of SEVENTH SOJOURN, which I feel is one of their best albums, despite that most critics disagree.