so, a bridge collapsed yesterday two blocks from my apartment [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : so, a bridge collapsed yesterday two blocks from my apartment

Rae
08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
This is just a general note to let y'all know that I wasn't on it. Pretty surreal experience as I live literally two blocks away... just reminds you how arbitrary fate can be sometimes and how much the lifestyle we live depends on trusting other people to take care of our safety.

~Rae

bobsticks
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I didn't even hear about this until earlier today and didn't put two and two together ( despite the fact that I was filling out your addy on Tuesday). Glad yer O.K.

Drink up and be merry, eh?

Cheers

ForeverAutumn
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Wow. I had no idea that had happened until about five minutes ago. It's pretty scary stuff.

Always make sure that your loved ones know that you love them. You never know when the time will come that you won't be able to tell them yourself.

PeruvianSkies
08-02-2007, 02:53 PM
This is just a general note to let y'all know that I wasn't on it. Pretty surreal experience as I live literally two blocks away... just reminds you how arbitrary fate can be sometimes and how much the lifestyle we live depends on trusting other people to take care of our safety.

~Rae

Since our fate is arbitrary I never understood those that live recklessly*, maybe thinking that they can be saved through grace perhaps....but i'd rather be certain.

*the word reckless doesn't really make sense because if you reck less than you don't get into many accidents, but if you are reck-ful than you do, so being a reckless driver is not really a bad thing.

BradH
08-02-2007, 08:49 PM
This is just a general note to let y'all know that I wasn't on it.

Good to know. I had no idea you lived that close to it.

nobody
08-04-2007, 07:37 AM
That's gotta be an amazing sight. Glad to hear you made it through safely.

basite
08-10-2007, 03:53 AM
glad to hear you're ok :)

I read about the collapsed bridge while I was on holiday in south tyrol (in italy), what a disaster...