Hey, Spock's Beard fans. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Spock's Beard fans.

BradH
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I just found out an old high school jammin' buddy of mine from Colorado Springs, Rich Mouser, has been keeping himself busy recording everybody from Morse to Beard to Dream Theater to Weezer and a buttload of indie bands of all stripes. Owns a studio in Pasadena called the Mouse House.

Probably not significant to anyone but me but, I gotta tell ya, I nearly sh*t and slid off the chair when I found these photos. Now I can tell my Dad, "Hey, you remember Rich Mouser and Dan Serna, those kids who wanted me to join their band? Maybe they weren't so crazy after all! HAHAHA!"

Haven't seen either one of them since '78 but in '81 Rich told me Dan was living in New Mexico playing w/ some jazz band...

Anyway, good on you Rich, good on you.

BradH
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Forgot the photo.

Troy
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
So, who's in the pic?

BradH
08-02-2007, 07:16 PM
So, who's in the pic?

Hell, I don't know, I'm just making this up, dude.

No, Mouser's on the left. I saw his name on a Transatlantic cd and said WTF? and started a web search. Every single pic I could find looked just like him but there was no close shot until I found that one. BOOM. That's him.

Here's one /w Morse.

Swish
08-03-2007, 03:50 AM
I just found out an old high school jammin' buddy of mine from Colorado Springs, Rich Mouser, has been keeping himself busy recording everybody from Morse to Beard to Dream Theater to Weezer and a buttload of indie bands of all stripes. Owns a studio in Pasadena called the Mouse House.

Probably not significant to anyone but me but, I gotta tell ya, I nearly sh*t and slid off the chair when I found these photos. Now I can tell my Dad, "Hey, you remember Rich Mouser and Dan Serna, those kids who wanted me to join their band? Maybe they weren't so crazy after all! HAHAHA!"

Haven't seen either one of them since '78 but in '81 Rich told me Dan was living in New Mexico playing w/ some jazz band...

Anyway, good on you Rich, good on you.

...instead of fans?

Just wondering.

Swish

kexodusc
08-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Wow, small world, huh? Cool story. You should hit him up for some comps. Track him down on facebook or something equally annoying, and pretend like you lost touch and are just wondering "whatever happened to you anyway".
Or send him a demo and hope he can pull some strings...