Cd Player : pioneer pd s703
Amplifier: Nad 302
Speakers: Kef coda 7

bturk667
02-23-2004, 06:02 PM
What you think about this system:

Cd Player : pioneer pd s703
Amplifier: Nad 302
Speakers: Kef coda 7Also, I'd rather have mine!

martinho
02-24-2004, 03:09 PM
please give me your opinion, i´m not a expert and i am about to by this system and i´m afraid.

02-24-2004, 04:41 PM
wait a minute first...
How come you are afraid?
If you can answer this then you might not need our opinion anymore.

bturk667
02-24-2004, 05:33 PM
What are you afraid off? As long as you let your ears decide for you; them you have nothing to fear.
So if it sounds good to you, and it is reasonably priced, buy it!

chimera128
02-25-2004, 08:28 AM
You should never live your life by other's eyes and ears. Go with what fits you!

martinho
02-25-2004, 02:08 PM
the problem is that i don´t have a reference, what is good and what is not? if somebody did in fact listen to this system and tell me that is good, i have a reference.

02-25-2004, 05:29 PM
well the problem is that even if people have that particular speaker, they might not have that speaker. There are infinate combinations out there.

Another problem is that its as the title says "opinion my system".
So each person has their own opinion. Some people like it brighter. Some like it less bright. Some want more bass. Some dont mind less bass. You know what I mean?

Anyways, why dont you go around to different places to check it out? Make sure you use the same songs for all your tests. Maybe you will find another system you like. Then in that case you might want to come back to see which is better for its money.

At the end money is the final determining factor. Everyone wants the best. Everyone wants a wide, deep soundstage with well defined sound. But not everyone can afford it.
I am one of these people ^_^!

jeskibuff
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm a bit perplexed about how the original poster has been treated. He asked for opinions and considers himself in the dark about his proposed purchase. I would think that he would have received a bit more help than "beauty is in the ears of the beholder"...and "if it sounds good to you, then buy it". What about the quality and reliability of the components? Could any advice be given without regard to subjective sound quality? How about asking some important questions, like...how much are you going to pay for this system? Wouldn't it be a bargain at $100 and a ripoff at $2000?

I can't help him much myself, because I'm unfamiliar with these models. I know that historically, NAD has put together some fine sounding equipment, though rather unattractive, if not altogether homely. Pioneer has put together some crap through the years, but does have some decent stuff.

Maybe people are sick of the same "what's your opinion of" type questions, but if so...why bother to reply with nebulous or arrogant answers? That's just my opinion of course, but...he WAS asking for an opinion, wasn't he? ;)

martinho
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
thank´s. i will try to find something in your answers that cold help me.

nightflier
03-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Martin,

It sounds like you do have something to start with. You said that you didn't have a reference system, but you do, and that's the system you already have. If you're looking to buy a new system, consider upgrading in parts instead and start with the part that you like the least.

Before you buy anything, you should first test out your system and find a pair of CD's you really know well. Listen to these and find a few passages you really notice. Listen to these passages several times so that you are familiar with them. Use these as a reference when you swap items out. You said that have a NAD receiver. Although I'm not too familiar with the model, I'm going to guess it is a fairly solid receiver. Use that as the hub of your system around which you plan to test.

Then start swapping and comparing. One inexpensive thing to try is different speaker cables - try a different gauge, for example. Then see if you can borrow a pair of speakers from a friend to see if they sound better that the speakers you have. (You may find that your speakers aren't all that bad).

Remember that you don't need to completely change out everything overnight. Read more posts on this site, check other sites, talk to salespeople, find others in your commmunity who are building up their systems, etc. As you progress you should be able to find the best equipment for your needs and over time, you could build up a phenominal audiophile system.