Anyone pick up the new reissue of Daydream Nation? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pick up the new reissue of Daydream Nation?

Rae
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
I saw this lurking in the new arrivals rack at Treehouse Records... 4xLP box in the same style as the reissues of Goo, Dirty (how many of these have they done so far?). I was mighty tempted, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger at $34.99. Not to mention that the new Michael Yonkers & Blind Shake vinyl was sitting right next to it at $23.99 and the new Gay Beast LP next to that (a moderate $11.99)... it could've turned into an expensive afternoon, so I forced myself to leave without buying anything at all. Still, I might have to make a return trip once I work up a little self-control... anyone else already acquire this?

~Rae

nobody
07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I've been really disappointed in those Sonic Youth reissues. Not that I've heard them. But, I'd like to have nicely remastered copies of all the ones they've done so far, but I'm not willing to shell out a bunch of cash for 4 LP sets. A nice double album set, remastered well, and packaged decently for 15 bucks or so would have me snapping these up. But, it just seems to me they've really gone into overkill mode.