Stan Ridgway concert last night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stan Ridgway concert last night

Dave_G
07-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Fantastic. He's quite the entertainer. His band was a 4 piece, him, that gal who plays keys on Drywall on keyboards and bass pedals, a guitarist I had never heard of, and a drummer I had never heard of.

They were hot, tight, and quite the rock band I did not expect. I expected a mellow affair. NOT! They jammed thru mostly SR songs and pulled out some old school WOV toons. He came out into the audience several times and kind of jammed with us. I alternated between right in front od staying back a little.

The sound in the back was a lot better.

Don't recall the set list but it was excellent, and only 23 dollars to boot!

Dave

Swish
07-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Fantastic. He's quite the entertainer. His band was a 4 piece, him, that gal who plays keys on Drywall on keyboards and bass pedals, a guitarist I had never heard of, and a drummer I had never heard of.

They were hot, tight, and quite the rock band I did not expect. I expected a mellow affair. NOT! They jammed thru mostly SR songs and pulled out some old school WOV toons. He came out into the audience several times and kind of jammed with us. I alternated between right in front od staying back a little.

The sound in the back was a lot better.

Don't recall the set list but it was excellent, and only 23 dollars to boot!

Dave

You just made my day dude!

Swish Baby